The Icebrood Saga Continues May 26!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Didn't the Devs state that Episodes 3 and 4 would be a split map, long ago? I seem to remember something about Episodes 3 and 4.

Yes, here is the statement that mentions Episodes 3 and 4 share a map:

"I can't go into a ton of details on episodes three and four because, you know, spoilers and all, but I can tell you the map is meta-focused with a push-and-pull feel similar to WvW in a PvE setting. We want maps this season to bring something to them that makes them a permanent part of your play experience. That's why the culmination of Bjora Marches is a world boss and we're striving for high replayability for the episodes three and four map. We want it to be a unique, fun, and rewarding experience that will be part of your daily/weekly play cycle."

Based on that statement, it's a single MAP for both episodes, which depending on how you want to interpret that means we'll get the entire map in Ep.3 but continue the battle in Ep.4. OR, it could be split between the two episodes, I'm leaning towards it being released with Ep.3 and we continue the battle in Ep.4, but only time will tell.

P.S. - I think i was only off a week in my estimated release time(I thought middle of May).

Any news on a new version of Volatile Magic or Ice/Chilies will convert to it?

My thoughts:The Mastery looked uninspiring. Was that little mine/bomb suppose the be the mastery? It looked clunky just watching it.I prefer fantasy/magic settings to industrial ones. My excitement went down significantly as a result. I am sure others will love it, just do not forget about us. :-)Looks unique. I just hope the event is rewarding.

Looking forward to the new map. Pre-RIBA Silverwaste was my favorite map and I hope the new map gives a similar feel to that. Almost never go there since RIBA became the way to play SW.

The bear shaman armor looks nice. Here's to hoping it doesn't end up like Raven's Garb. It would be nice for there to be more culturally themed armor that isn't flashy. Raven's armor may as well not exist at this point.

Edit: Kind of sounded pretty negative. Not my intention! Excited for the next part. Thank you. Made this post pre-coffee.

Now you're pulling on my threads Hard. That looks like a dope episode to me. I cant wait to give that a test run :D It might be the very first time where everything in a release fits me like a glove : from the map event, to the gear, to the storyline.

Now please do one thing differently from past releases : If you add a combat tonic make it hard to get, but make it -guaranteed- That smoke shaman tonic is elusive as hell and it really should not be. It's a fun item with no bearing on gameplay, it place should be in the Chili vendor after an achievement unlock related to the puzzle jump, not as a ludicrously rare drop that -if- you obtain it, you have only have 1 shot at it per day, that's way too low a rate.

If each Charr faction has a unique skill tree then there is potential for a lot of multiplayer RTS. If episode 3 and 4 span one map then we are likely to earn permanent territory and faction skill levels in episode 3. These could be really interesting maps.

All I see is another sexy female (boob window) armour set for my Asura and Charr women. :heart:My guess is, that it’s one armour design for all weight classes again (like Raven).Is this a hint, that the outfit system may be converted into (selectable) armour pieces, with one design for every weight class?

It’s funny, that they’re finally making female armour for female Charr and Asura. The legendary chest piece (but not the legs’) had to be changed back then, because of all the whining. :angry:

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:I just hope this map isn’t forgotten after a while like the other ones . SW was my favorite map before it got nerfed

If the new map is WvW, but against NPCs, where it goes in circles until the timeout then I can't see it lasting unless the loot is too thick to ignore like DF and Octo. Competitive people like competition specifically because they can prove their superiority over other people. Game AI will not provide them with that. If it has an endpoint like DF and the loot is thick I can see DF depopulating like SW and Istan did simply because this map is the new shiny.

I'm curious about the bridge, that looks to be in the northern part of the map leading to the snowy area. Who built it? Jotun?

Could be pretty neat if the northern part of the map that gets released with episode 4 expands on Jotun lore. The map looks different than I expected it too. Less wooded. But only the very bottom section aligns with what we're familiar with in GW1. I think the umbral grotto is in the right place, so if it's a giant underground area it could be pretty neat. I don't know how they will carry over the wvw portion to the second half of the map though. Given the theme and the fact that the northern part of the map most likely returns to the snowy frigid area, I could fully see that being Bangar's last episode.

Perhaps we will win and he will retreat North. Theoretically Jormag was in between Bitterfrost and Eye of the North somewhere, but perhaps he's relocated?

I guess it's also possible the map could extend directly east into the giant lake portion.

It's still a long ways out and the trailer and masteries didn't sound overly exciting as I could just play an engineer, but the vision episode was better than expected even if short. And there are probably a lot of really pretty areas to the map that we haven't seen.

Good that we're still getting it as soon as we are though.

My biggest gripe really is about all of the weapon and armor skins they keep adding to these patches with horrible obtainment methods. I still don't have any of the raven armor, and I wasn't all that interested in the boreal weapons. But it really sucks to have a lot of those unique charr and norn armor skins locked behind rng loot drops. I was expecting strike currency to another way of obtaining them/grinding for them but maybe there's a chance they will add them in later on in the season as the old maps start to die down.

Here's to hoping we get some of the foliage/assets in this map added as guild decorations along with the bear shrine.