exec scythe

felincyriac.5981

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I don't play my Reaper in WvW or PvP, but in PvE I sure wish that I had some way of boon strip/corrupt while in reaper shroud, especially in Fractals where I'm often the only one running strip/corrupt unless the Renegade swaps to Mallyx. No Pain No Gain isn't as bad since I can drop Well of Corruption before going into shroud, but with Vengeance instability you don't have that issue until you start killing trash, but by then, you're already in Shroud. Saw this the other day on Underground.

What if they replaced the chill with a boon strip?

Path of Corruption in Curses will allow Shroud #2 to convert Boons to Conditions.Spiteful Spirit converts Boons to Conditions on Shroud entry.Weakening Shroud does the same.

Path of Corruption is the only of the 3 that works in Shroud instead of Shroud entry, but it is particularly good with Reaper due to the cooldown of Shroud 2 and that it isn't a slow projectile like it is with core.

There is no option to Boon rip in Shroud however, unless you include Chill of Death.

As much as I would love for Necro to have more Boonhate, I think the class is already overloaded with it. It's one of my favorite aspects of Necro, but ANet has already reduced our access to it in the February patch so I don't think they'll want to give us other options.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Could bump it up to a 2-2.5s cast and allow it to finish downs in the area of effect. That fits thematically while still giving plenty of time to react.

Necro does feel like it has trouble finishing downs compared to a lot of other classes (before anyone asks: I'm mostly a mesmer player), and it would be thematic a.f.

Finishing downs on reaper is super easy, especially mid-fight. GS4, heavy AoE damage and poison application, and a short cooldown high-duration stability should make any down dead.

The absolute best aspect of Exec Scythe is the CC (stun and chill field) that gets affected by RO and , and for those reasons alone it's already really good.

The best thing for the skill is probably to just rename it. It was never really good for executions in the first place given the cast time.

My last hope for the absolute mess this game is right now is that all these absurd splits will result in reworks of a lot (!) of skills and traits when the next PvE patch rolls out.

But keeping ANets patch history in mind such an outcome is more than unrealistic.

@KrHome.1920 said:My last hope for the absolute mess this game is right now is that all these absurd splits will result in reworks of a lot (!) of skills and traits when the next PvE patch rolls out.

But keeping ANets patch history in mind such an outcome is more than unrealistic.

Unlikely. Most of the skills that still suck have been in need of the same reworks for a long time.

ANet designs around PvE and that's fundamentally the problem. No amount of numerical balancing for the PvP modes is going to fix bad design, and the huge damage changes were not necessary to adjust said design issues, either.