Easy raid class (easiest rotations, etc.)

Hi all,

I think the title pretty much covers it. I googled for some previous threads and they all mentioned condi soulbeast but it seems like that isn't a popular build anymore (can't find the build on metabattle or snowcrows anymore). So, I guess I'm just asking to see if condi soulbeast is still the answer (that's used widely enough in the majority of the raids) or if there's really no easy rotations on any of the dps anymore and a support like druid or banner warrior is the answer.

THank you very much for your help !

First, most "very easy" rotation builds you see will not achieve top tier level of damage. They will achieve decent or acceptable levels of damage though which is fine and sufficient for training and mid tier groups.

Second, there are "easy" builds which will reach near top tier levels of performance. Most do require some fundamental understanding of the games mechanics as well as minor amounts of rotation and practice.

Third, damage dealer roles are split into power and condition damage, often depending on specific boss damage phases and mechanics. In some cases either type is good, in other cases it is preferable to use one over the other.

Condition soulbeast is still a good, easy and beginner friendly condition damage build.

TL;DR:For players completely new to raids: pick a beginner friendly condition AND power damage build to work towards. Don't worry to much about top tier performance and expect to be far more concerned with learning general raid approaches, boss mechanics and group synergy aspects to raiding initially. The beginner friendly builds are literally recommended to make the overall burden easier. Chance are very high that once you have started to raid, you will diversify your build portfolio if you are enjoying the content (and if not, you really shouldn't force yourself to play it).

Banner warrior is not a support. You are still expected to do as much damage as the dps roles unless assigned to do mechanics. Shortbow soulbeast can still hit 30k dps which is plenty for most bosses. The go to power dps for easy rotations is probably staff daredevil that only hits staff 2 and auto attacks on cd for 29k dps.

Amazing answer incoming.Guardian.Easy power dps(dh), easy condi dps (fb) with top tier dps. Rotations May seem bit difficult at start but after getting basics, it becomes quite simple.2 things about those classes. There are specs with easier rotations but what makes it so easy to play is sustain (cuz why not give top tier dps Such amount of blocks and self healing). 2nd thing is fact that even if u dont do Perfect rotation, u Will still do decently

condi slb is still on both snowcrows and metabattle, and the literal easiest build in the game right now you will find exclusively on metabattle and this is the only time i'd ever reference metabattle for a raid build - shortbow only condition soulbeast is largely pressing skills off of cooldown.

the easiest power dps is daredevil, since you do mad damage just from auto attacking, but i'd generally recommend condition firebrand as a beginner build.

condi fb is useable on all bosses, even power ones, due to it uniquely being 95% burning damage, a condition which has a short enough ramp up time that it's viable as a dps on all raid bosses- both power and condi. theres a lot of skills in the rotation, but it largely boils down to pressing skills off of cooldown, and getting at much sceptre 2 without doing any sceptre autos as you can.

also, meta builds are generally hard to use, luckily, your game + class knowledge and experience matters much more than being the meta build right up until you start speedrunning (for some people, this is never). condi slb isn't meta anywhere, so if you looked at snowcrows raid compositions or only the best rated or whatever metabattle uses you won't see it.

@"Safandula.8723" said:Amazing answer incoming.Guardian.Easy power dps(dh), easy condi dps (fb) with top tier dps. Rotations May seem bit difficult at start but after getting basics, it becomes quite simple.2 things about those classes. There are specs with easier rotations but what makes it so easy to play is sustain (cuz why not give top tier dps Such amount of blocks and self healing). 2nd thing is fact that even if u dont do Perfect rotation, u Will still do decently

I actually currently main guardian and war and I don't know if I agree with the second part. I'm definitely still learning but every time I find that I"m focusing more on boss mechanics, my dps drops much more on my guard than my warrior. THat's actually what caused me to ask this question because I wanted a class that has shorter rotations in case if I mess up or have to dodge boss mechanics, I can easily get back on track.

I think shortbow only condi soulbeast might be what I"m looking for thanks everyone.

Also, with regards to daredevil, I've heard people say that because dodges are incorporated into the rotation, even if it's a short one, it's common to get hit by boss mechanics due to lack of dodges. Thoughts on this?

I basically am looking for the EASIEST specialization (relatively speaking) that won't lose me too much dps if I'm not as familiar with boss mechanics and am focused on avoiding stuff. In my personal experience, that doesn't seem to be guardian (playing power DH) or specs like power DD (having to dodge to maintain dps while being aware of mechanics takes a lot of thought even if the rotation is short). I will definitely try condi FB and the shortbow metabattle build like some of you recommended. I hope that provided a bit more clarity on what I'm looking for and thank you for the answers so far. If someone thinks that there's another spec that's being missed, please reply and let me know.

I also want to emphasize: i'm definitely not looking ONLY at meta builds. If there's more builds out there like the shortbow only condi soulbeast that gives enough respectable dps for me to get by (not looking for any record speed kills here), please share! Tyvm

Daredevil usually runs Signet of Agility, which refills your endurance and acts a group condi cleanse if needed. Don't be afraid to use it as a panic button if you need either of these things.

Channeled Vigor is also a strong heal that gives lots of endurance, but is definately a dps loss.

Honestly, the hardest thing about Daredevil is not interupting your third autoattack. The dodges become natural.

@silklash.6154

As others said, condi soulbeast is a nice dps class (with power dh).

Here the build with only one shortbow (really easy and nice dps) : http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POQAUlZw+YSMQmJWaXfP3JkC-zRJYmRB/YEPB6UA+OIirGQAso7fssoZF-eThe only things you need to do is flanking the boss and press nearly everythings on cooldown =) (skills 2, 4, f2, f3, 7, 8, 9, 0).N. B. If the party need extra cc take warthog and use f2 to cc)

Some easy builds. Not as effective as meta but mostly facerolls with decent enough damage for entering raids and still likely to beat most peoples at strikes.Power Staff Mastery Daredevil - Steal and spam 2. Doesn't need to dodge and the dps loss isn't too much compared to tryhard. Staff 2 does animation-lock so gotta be careful. Try to flank.Power Sword+Dagger Deadeye - F1, Shadow Flare and auto-attack. Loses to staff mastery DD by about 2k dps, though. Try to flank.Power Greatsword-only reaper - almost as good as adding axe without fear of getting locked in axe if you take too much damage in shroud. Spam 2345 and Well and use Shroud 4 + 8 secs of shroud auto-attacks to keep up Soul Barbs.Power Scepter+Focus-only or GS-only DH - Spam 2, 4, F1, Procession of Blades and spirit sword thing.Power sword+sword renegade - start Impossible Odds/Soulcleave's Summit and spam 245 until energy runs out and then press F1 to swap stance to replenish energy.Kitless Power Hammer Scrapper - Spam 2, 5, F2-5, Shredder Gyro, Medic Gyro and Bulwark Gyro. Not the strongest dps but still decent enough and due to self-barrier, you never go down as long as you're hitting something. Insane utility, too.Power Sword+Axe-only Soulbeast - Spam 4, F1 and F2. Use Sic' Em - Frost Trap - F3 - Axe 5 combo whenever you can. Try to flank.Power Banner Warrior - Not a super-high dps but brings banners and EA. Spam 2345 F1.Power Berserker - Boosted version of previous. 2345+spam F1, heal and Headbutt+Outrage combo.Condi Scourge - Spam everything off-CD, just make sure to always use Blood Is Power+F5 combo for heavy bleeds. Condi shortbow-only soulbeast - Spam utilities, F2, F3 and 245. Try to flank.Condi Shortbow Mallyx+Shiro Renegade - Activate Impossible Odds/Mallyx elite and spam 234 'til out of energy and then press F1.Condi Axe+Torch-only Firebrand - Spam 234, mantras and Sword of Justice. Enter F1 off-CD and use 24512 combo. Use elite to recharge F1 when you run out of pages.

• Like 1

Haven't played soulbeast yet, but what I hear from my fellow guildies is that necro reaper is the easiest rotation there is as there's not much utility.Try out some, check out some video's and play what you like, that will become the easiest for you anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

@Saga.4102 said:Druid healer/boon support - extreamly easy and also satisfying when you heal up the entire raid.It has it's rotation to keep up 25 stacks of might but is also more reaction based when you need to dash out big heals and save people in general.The healing portion is great but what people didn't tell me is that you get volunteered for all kinds of other jobs too. Like Flak Kiting, Hand Kiting, Oil Kiting, Tormented Dead Pusher, Orb Collector, Golem Kiter. Granted some of those are easier than others but some of them are very unforgiving. Some days I wish I wasn't druid locked. haha!

Just wanted to add this in here:

It sure would be awesome if snowcrows or equal would come up with a "lower teir damage, but good for beginner rotation" type set of builds. It would be cool to see some easier to play builds that are in a different category for beginners that will still get the job done. I know that mostly those are about maximum dps, but I think it would be a great service to the community to see something like that to help introduce beginners.

• Like 1

For any new players looking to play the DPS role, I cannot recommend Staff Daredevil enough. It is incredibly easy to learn and has very solid DPS numbers for a lot of different bosses. It's also incredibly easy to gear and to get food for.

Remember, Snow Crows benchmarks are based on the assumption that everything goes perfectly. For the average PuG, that's usually not the case. What really matters for normal DPS runs is: who knows their rotation the best, and who knows when to use their rotation.

Staff DD has a super short and forgiving rotation that has high burst as well. This means that even if you mess up, you can easily recover and your damage won't suffer much at all. In regards to dodges, you usually never have an issue avoiding dmg as you're dodging basically every 5 seconds. If you are learning mechanics or are unsure of timing, you can always delay dodges to ensure you have an extra saved for the boss attack. This usually isn't much of a DPS loss as your dodge does damage and you can immediately start up your rotation again.

• 2 weeks later...

@Xyroxis.2509 said:Haven't played soulbeast yet, but what I hear from my fellow guildies is that necro reaper is the easiest rotation there is as there's not much utility.Yes, this is a common misconception. Unfortunately, it's not as true as some people claim. Power reaper actually has a rotation you need to adhere to. Compare that to easy mode shortbow soulbeast (where you literally can press skills at random when they get off cooldown and still get good results) or easymode staff daredevil (which, as Kitty said, is spamming steal, skill 2, and autoattacking). Compared to those, power reaper requires way more attention, and still achieves not as good results. Although you may indeed die a little bit less.

@Lexi.1398 said:condi fb is useable on all bosses, even power ones, due to it uniquely being 95% burning damage, a condition which has a short enough ramp up time that it's viable as a dps on all raid bosses- both power and condi. theres a lot of skills in the rotation, but it largely boils down to pressing skills off of cooldown, and getting at much sceptre 2 without doing any sceptre autos as you can.

Yeah that part is quite hard, requires a lot of concentration and immaculate skill queuing. And you need to keep your Zealot's Fire timings consistent and only use it when you have 2 charges while never dropping a charge, otherwise gaps open up where scepter autos creep through. Dropping a charge is needless to say, a big dps loss. Its also hard to count axe autos because all 3 hits have the same activation time (0.5 sec) so that part requires a lot of concentration too.

Is it a beginner friendly build? Not really? Like BttH Power Weaver, the rotation is not particularly long and achieving 75% of the benchmark is easy enough I suppose, but the last 25% gets very hard because of how precise you have to be. Hell, I think Weaver is easier to be honest and that never makes it into anyone's list of easy to play builds.

@"Besetment.9187" said:Yeah that part is quite hard, requires a lot of concentration and immaculate skill queuing. And you need to keep your Zealot's Fire timings consistent and only use it when you have 2 charges while never dropping a charge, otherwise gaps open up where scepter autos creep through. Dropping a charge is needless to say, a big dps loss. Its also hard to count axe autos because all 3 hits have the same activation time (0.5 sec) so that part requires a lot of concentration too.

Is it a beginner friendly build? Not really? Like BttH Power Weaver, the rotation is not particularly long and achieving 75% of the benchmark is easy enough I suppose, but the last 25% gets very hard because of how precise you have to be. Hell, I think Weaver is easier to be honest and that never makes it into anyone's list of easy to play builds.

In a discussion about the easiest builds, i would not expect people to achieve that last 25% whether it's power daredevil or condi holo, and getting the first 75% on cfb is very easy. Like i said, you can literally press skills off of cooldown, heck don't even swap to sceptre outside of the opener if you aren't confident, counting autos does not matter on any class to get acceptable dps and it's not like your dps is bad if you don't either. My favourite thing ive ever seen someone say about condi fb rotation is "it FEELS like mashing skills off of cooldown, even though it isn't", which i guess between that and cfb being brokenly overpowered = very average condi firebrands perform excellently with no real rotational knowledge aside "tome 1 4/5 as much as you can" and "torch 4 as much as you can". Ofc, you will be outperformed by people who are counting autos and paying close attention to aftercasts...pretty much reguardless of build.

I think power weaver definitely has an easier rotation, but is harder to play on actual bosses. Between having very little defence (defined as blocks, invulns, stun break, cleanses), being super weak to retal (aka, requires more knowledge of skills) on a small handful of encounters, and its low health pool giving less room to make mistakes for another small handful of mechanics (since health pool only matters for mechanics that won't kill you if failed), compared to cfb which has every imaginable form of active defense as a dps build and having...nowhere really where being a cfb makes life harder (compared to a small handful where being a weaver is hard mode - which while isn't a majority by any means - is more than 0).

• 4 weeks later...

@"Opopanax.1803" said:Just wanted to add this in here:

It sure would be awesome if snowcrows or equal would come up with a "lower teir damage, but good for beginner rotation" type set of builds. It would be cool to see some easier to play builds that are in a different category for beginners that will still get the job done. I know that mostly those are about maximum dps, but I think it would be a great service to the community to see something like that to help introduce beginners.

Here ya go:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:Simple_Raid_Builds

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

Here ya go:

Are they still updating that? I was told a long time ago snowcrows was the place to be now

@Fenom.9457 said:

Here ya go:

Are they still updating that? I was told a long time ago snowcrows was the place to be now

Still updated? Yea. Is SnowCrows better for meta builds? Yes. SnowCrows doesn't have anything discussing alternatives to meta builds that are more new player friendly though.

Need a raid build? Go to SnowCrows.Need a fractal build? Discretize

Metabattle generally has mostly the same stuff, but they have a wider scope of builds as well that are less optimal, but still generally viable.

• 3 weeks later...