Nerf Power Herald - Help me understand

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:Rev “dodged” last patch but was part of the three that got nerfed during 2v2.

It is the condi rev that got nerfed during 2v2 (which is not hard). In fact the power rev has not been nerfed for a long time, even from last year on (the universal coefficient nerf should not count). Every time the outperforming class got nerfed, power revs got benifits from the patch. It now has already stayed in meta for a long time. This is not easy for a class spec other than bunker/healer/roamer(thief). The previous spec sitting on meta for this long is Spell Breaker and it is now fallen. I just want to see if rev can sit even longer than warrior.

@Teb.6980 said:

@Eugchriss.2046 said:Luckily enough, there is nothing specific except infuse light which carries power herald. So even if people want it to be nerfed, they don t know exactly what should be nerfed.

If infused light gets nerfed, defiant stance better as well since they are literally the same skill just about..

Good point. It's rather the whole set. Does warrior have an AOE knockback every 30 seconds? Can warrior evade while attacking, like with sword 2? Do they have ~4 seconds every 15 of evade/block/knockback like with staff? On top of that, herald has a static 3-second total invuln (superior to shield stance) that regens their health too LOL

You should probably inform yourself before typing anything here. Can warrior evade while attacking? Yes, greatsword 3. And rev has it on sword 3, not 2. Also Warding Rift (staff 3) has a blocking duration of 2 seconds and its cooldown got increased from 15 to 20 seconds in the big balance patch. Jesus, people should really try out classes / check the wiki before they start trashtalking them..

@Remilia Scarlet.3205 said:

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:Rev “dodged” last patch but was part of the three that got nerfed during 2v2.

In fact the power rev has not been nerfed for a long time, even from last year on (the universal coefficient nerf should not count).

LOL dude read the february balance patch notes and then tell me more about power rev not having been nerfed in a long time

Good point. It's rather the whole set. Does warrior have an AOE knockback every 30 seconds? >Rampage + bull charge + fc + shield 4 etcCan warrior evade while attacking, like with sword 2? >it's sword 3 btw and warrior has gs3Do they have ~4 seconds every 15 of evade/block/knockback like with staff? >Shield + full counter (9sec cd) btwand glint base heal is 1,8k so if you full heal the rev this is just a l2p issue btw^^^^^^^^^^

I said the same about holo, and it got nerfed. Your wishes will not save you.

As far as my take, given it has access to two port skills and lots of vulnerability, as well as Battle Scars for sustain and Brutality for 75% quickness uptime, it's somewhat overturned for the dmg it can output and how strong it helps in team engagements.

@Xca.9721 said:

In fact the power rev has not been nerfed for a long time, even from last year on (the universal coefficient nerf should not count).

LOL dude read the february balance patch notes and then tell me more about power rev not having been nerfed in a long time

Apparently I knew the patchnote, and my opinion keeps unchanged. Power rev did not get nerfed. U thought it was nerf because u haven't experienced how Anet treat chrono and mirage.

I think one of the problems with Herald is how energy efficient it is compared to the rest of the class.

I'd start by removing energy costs from weapon skills and balance them by cool down, this should free up a bit of energy in general making other elites a bit smoother.

Then I'd adjust facet upkeep costs and add a cost to either the first activation or to use the consume. The problem is doing this in a way which doesn't end up screwing you over and putting you in a position where you have facets up but can't consume or deactivate them.