Do you think dungeon "level requirement" is kind of mislead?

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Vilin.8056" said:Yeah I know the history, which follows another joke that Anet made this adjustment to encourage new players to spread up, use range attack, and stay as far as they could, just to be massively kicked in the next following Caudecus dungeons.

You could kill the Spider Queen while afk

I guess going from one extreme to another is Anet's specialty

That's a 6 years old video, plus the players cleared all of its sub minions before hand on a lvl 80 heal ele.Doesn't work on the post patch Spider Queen.

@Vilin.8056 said:

@Vilin.8056 said:Yeah I know the history, which follows another joke that Anet made this adjustment to encourage new players to spread up, use range attack, and stay as far as they could, just to be massively kicked in the next following Caudecus dungeons.

That's a 6 years old video, plus the players cleared all of its sub minions before hand.Doesn't work on the post patch Spider Queen.

TBH post patch queen is still easy(with 4 lvl 80s), not sure about a group running at level however. I ran AC once or twice with a character at the required level and i probably wont do that again.Cant afk it thankfully, and out of all the dungeon bosses its probably the most interactive.

i don't think that they are misleading in the slightest. i recently leveled several characters to 80 on my second account and with the appropriate gear to my level (for example having level 35 blue/green gear with level 35) and slotted in runes / sigils it was no problem at all to even solo some of the paths from different kind of dungeons. usually i was already halfway through until someone finally descided to "help out that cute lowlevel nooby".

some classes with the right first picked traitline do already burst like mad without problems for their respective level.

what makes low level failing dungeons is what makes them also fail in the late game. having mix and match gear with random stats and random traits. if you actually play with power gear only and have useful traits in which either scale your damage up, let you throw in another aoe field, critchance up or give boons like might (especially those are damn powerful in early game) and fury, then the content is childs play with 5 people.

i had it several times on my leveling spree that i outdpsed people on level 80 in full asceded gear, simply because they suck. even selfbuffing reapers made for solo play.

ofc a completly new player does not have that kind of insight like when to use which skill and what is useful in general. but on the other hand, you are also 5 people in a dungeons and when playing through the first time, there should be no problem at all in learning stuff. i mean thats what we did back at launch. we played those dungeons at their respective level and there was no fancy easy trait system back then and getting all the traits was quite some money investment beforehand. having a single full traitline at level 31 with master traits? that would have been a dream. guide on skill rotations or which ones are good to use? nope, not there. also people running the worst kind of mix and match because no one knew better.

right now there are enough infos, guides and other stuff out there, even for low level stuff. if you think dungeons are not appropriate for their level and they are too hard then sorry, come back later when you are more experienced....thats the message they always had. making tier 1 fractals out of them would just make them even worse then their current state.

@Vilin.8056 said:

@Vilin.8056 said:Yeah I know the history, which follows another joke that Anet made this adjustment to encourage new players to spread up, use range attack, and stay as far as they could, just to be massively kicked in the next following Caudecus dungeons.

That's a 6 years old video, plus the players cleared all of its sub minions before hand on a lvl 80 heal ele.Doesn't work on the post patch Spider Queen.

I know it doesn't work now but the video shows the challenge level (or lack of it) of the Spider Queen back on those days. Then the developers buffed the Spider Queen to be more of a challenge and maybe they overshoot towards the other direction.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

I know it doesn't work now but the video shows the challenge level (or lack of it) of the Spider Queen back on those days. Then the developers buffed the Spider Queen to be more of a challenge and maybe they overshoot towards the other direction.Yes, but topic is how Dungeon misled with their level requirement on low level players, not how a level 80 player can exploit out heal the boss on specific builds in a orchestrated instance where there is no flame turret, no minions.This is supposed to be the first encounter on a level 35 dungeon, post patch served neither training players in battle mechanics for the rest of the encounter, nor balancing challenges for the rest of the dungeon path.