Let's create community professions difficulty scale

Footcrusha.5092

I'm here to suggest creating a community-made post about PvP/PvE/WvW difficulty of all classes. If it serves it's purpose, the abstract of it could be pinned on top of profession forum.

Pardon me if it has been done before, but I have never found such widely aviable (possiby soon-to-be) informative post about difficulty.Please refrain from forum wars here, I believe you can make your own post to vent about 'X has to be nerfed'/'X mechanic is bad'. Here we talk about state there is, not our wishes or animosities. From this reason avoid posting difficulty of profs you haven't played in specific mode.

The format of such list would be of incrasing difficulty as in:PvE: easiest proffesion -> harder proffesion -> another harder proffesion -> .... -> presumably hardest proffesionPvP: easiest proffesion -> harder proffesion -> another harder proffesion -> .... -> presumably hardest proffesionWvW: easiest proffesion -> harder proffesion -> another harder proffesion -> .... -> presumably hardest proffesion

You can also use:XvX: easiest proffesion -> harder proffesion [core] -> harder proffesion [elite spec] -> another harder proffesion -> .... -> presumably hardest proffesion

It will be a sum of subjective opinions to get somewhat objective information on how profession is generally hard or easy to play.This post is effect of my thoughts as new player (3-4 months of play) and partially inspired by Valluns video about thief pvp whining is l2p issue (note it's his opinion, if you choose to discuss do it on his youtube video, where he states this). I see alot of ppl playing builds he showed there and being much more successful than recendly popular d/p high-skill-celling thief (this is also my opinion, because thief showed me how many things I don't see&understand in pvp, I know I need to l2p).

This rating will also help new players chose their first class.I haven't played many profs yet, but here I list what I played to this day.PvP: condi guard -> guard [dh] -> engineer [holo] -> thief [DD]PvE: guard -> thiefWvW: guard -> thief

Sorry for possible bad wording, or spelling mistakes.

@Footcrusha.5092 said:

It will be a sum of subjective opinions to get somewhat objective information on how profession is generally hard or easy to play.The entire premise is subjective. There is no way to gather objective data toward this goal. Also, the forums represent a very small portion of the entire player base, so any data would be inherently biased.

Good luck.

It depends a lot on what skill level you're performing at and what build(s) you're using.

Since, if we don't care about the PvE Snow Crows DPS charts and I mention something like the Perma-Shroud Reaper build where your entire gameplay is 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Then that obviously becomes the easiest class since all you need to do is press a single button (F1) and the game plays itself. But its viability drops off when you go into instanced content where higher DPS as well as utility becomes more necessary.

If the idea is about informing newer players, then it's pretty simple to just recommend the classes that have innate tankiness as opposed to relying on dodges and skills that provide evasion. For example:

• Warrior (High HP, heavy armour)
  • Revenant (Medium HP, heavy armour + easy life siphon)
  • Necromancer (High HP, light armour + Shroud and minions)
  • Guardian (Low HP, heavy armour + Aegis)
  • Ranger (Medium HP, medium armour + pet) for PvE 'cuz you can use a 35k HP bear to tank Champs and if it dies... Swap out to another 35k HP bear to tank it some more while the first one heals

Not as useful with out a skill cap as well. At what point is there diminish returns on investment of the profession?

Like for example, core necromancer is easy to learn but its skill cap has drastic diminish returns as you get better. Two expert players for example a mesmer and necro, the mesmer is going to have a worse time at low skill levels while at high skill levels and the mesmer player quickly surpasses the necromancer player as they can't adapt due to the limited utility they provide.