Balancing the SPVP match systems

Hello,

As much as we all want better classes, and build balance, as much I like to see the PVP team start to look into the SPVP experience as a whole, and not only the balance aspect.Balance cannot stand alone, if the systems around it skewed, and ruins the experience as well. Because of that, I would love to see a few changes.

Remember, it is only thoughts, and ideas.

Here goes:

Duo-queue:This needs to go. This gives a team a too big an advantage, compared to the other team.No, it is not a 5 man pre-made, but it still gives you a significant advantage, which easily enough skews the outcome - Keep Duo-Que and 5 man premades for Tournaments.

Class re-rolls before game start:This should go as well, as this also can give an advantage to the team. You can argue that it can help with the balance, which is true, but it can also skew it further, which is more likely to happen since both teams are able to do it.

SPVP-Rewards:Grinding for gear has always been a big part of MMOs, but that has usually been a PVE-thing.First and formost, all the Ascended, and Leggy weapons, trinkets and Armor, has no use in SPVP. No use at all - Except for on thing. We get to that in a bit.Because of this fact, people who would rather stay in PVE-Mode, are forced to SPVP which hurts the SPVP-Community, and the SPVP Experience. Matches gets skewed further because of this, and you might as well just toss a coin for the result, as some PVE-players don't care about SPVP at all - Afterall they are only there for as long they grind for there item...Move all Leggy gear to PVE, and WvW where they actaully have an use and impact. Then, you can make Reward-tracks with the one thing the Leggys do bring to SPVP. New Skins.Or Reward track with Resc, gold, tokens for skins. One thing is sure. The Grind for Achievements, ascended and leggy gear does not belong in SPVP.

Match-Making Rating:I am not sure where to start, and that is mostly because I am not 100% sure on how it works as it is. However, I do feel that something needs to be done.More often then not, it feels like I am put in matches with people who signed up for SPVP for the first time, and that feeling is the same weather I play Gold or in Silver.Either that comes down to, that there are very few people available for matches at the current time, or people in general, are very very bad.People should not lose points to players who are already brackets or leagues above them, or at least not very many points. Same goes for the other way around, you should not gain 15 points as a Gold player for destroying, a Silver or bronze player. You should get a nice amount for beating players at your same level, and more if they are higher ranked then you.

And then one final thing. I would love to see the 6 rewards icons you can earn during matches go as well, or at least change them into something where the players are encouraged to win on map conditions, instead of farming most rewards icons for them self...

Bots:Bots are a huge problem in SPVP. They are demoralizing to be on team with, and in some cases play against. Getting on a team with bots can be like playing with one arm on your back. And if that is not the case, the bot performs better then any human is able to. Point being, we play SPVP to play against other players, not a different PVE-mode. Fix it.

That was my 2 cents on how to improve the SPVP Experience, and some balancing. Enjoy.

@DinesenDK.5067 said:

Match-Making Rating:I am not sure where to start, and that is mostly because I am not 100% sure on how it works as it is. However, I do feel that something needs to be done.More often then not, it feels like I am put in matches with people who signed up for SPVP for the first time, and that feeling is the same weather I play Gold or in Silver.

Well, that's because silver/gold is the new player skilllevel

@"DinesenDK.5067" said:Duo-queue:Duo-queue is fine. Helpo do some combo, and not make absolutely dominant. Yes, hope due is strong(sometimes). So not use duo setup - be prepare lose then. This is OK.welcome to mmo game.

No, it is not a 5 man pre-madeyou an feel power of 5 premade on tournaments. Sad what we not have some events, then 5 can join on spvp and donimate, but take it as is.

Class re-rolls before game start:This should go as well, as this also can give an advantage to the team.already exist. unplug cable or etc. relog. This is common opration if u open map on another charrt during long morning waiting.

First and formost, all the Ascended, and Leggy weapons, trinkets and Armor, has no use in SPVP. No use at all - Except for on thing.if you don't want - you can not craft buy it. Where is the problem ??

Because of this fact, people who would rather stay in PVE-Mode, are forced to SPVP which hurts the SPVP-Community,hurt ? they come and kill tru spvp players??

some PVE-players don't care about SPVP at allso if "they don't care" they play on lowest rank, and already get reduced pips count, and get less progress. True pvp player alreadu get on platinum + rank increased progress and can't meet "pve players". So this is already solved.

Move all Leggy gear to PVE, and WvW where they actaully have an use and impact.don't need ? don't craft. Still not see problem.

I am not sure where to start, and that is mostly because I am not 100% sure on how it works as it is.you can read it on wiki.

More often then not, it feels like I am put in matches with people who signed up for SPVP for the first time, and that feeling is the same weather I play Gold or in Silver.if you play silver or gold wiht reduced pips count this is only mean that you a not already pvp player. The minimap rank is Platinum

Either that comes down to, that there are very few people available for matches at the current time, or people in general, are very very bad.yes, you play with non skiled pve. Try up you skill and get better rank. Use duo to eliminate -1 chance to get non skied u uyouts team.

should not gain 15 points as a Gold player for destroying, a Silver or bronze player.gold? silver? we talk about spvp? or what??? u make suggestion and play on gold as true spvp????

Bots are a huge problem in SPVP.bots an not problem. Use duo to eliminate -1 bot. Can create report for bot. And relax.

@DinesenDK.5067 said:

Duo-queue:This needs to go. This gives a team a too big an advantage, compared to the other team.No, it is not a 5 man pre-made, but it still gives you a significant advantage, which easily enough skews the outcome - Keep Duo-Que and 5 man premades for Tournaments.

Class re-rolls before game start:This should go as well, as this also can give an advantage to the team. You can argue that it can help with the balance, which is true, but it can also skew it further, which is more likely to happen since both teams are able to do it.

SPVP-Rewards:Grinding for gear has always been a big part of MMOs, but that has usually been a PVE-thing.First and formost, all the Ascended, and Leggy weapons, trinkets and Armor, has no use in SPVP. No use at all - Except for on thing. We get to that in a bit.Because of this fact, people who would rather stay in PVE-Mode, are forced to SPVP which hurts the SPVP-Community, and the SPVP Experience. Matches gets skewed further because of this, and you might as well just toss a coin for the result, as some PVE-players don't care about SPVP at all - Afterall they are only there for as long they grind for there item...Move all Leggy gear to PVE, and WvW where they actaully have an use and impact. Then, you can make Reward-tracks with the one thing the Leggys do bring to SPVP. New Skins.Or Reward track with Resc, gold, tokens for skins. One thing is sure. The Grind for Achievements, ascended and leggy gear does not belong in SPVP.

I disagree with most of these things for a number of reasons.

Duo-QueueFirst, duo-queue is fine. I like playing with friends. Especially in a gamemode that has some sort of stakes unlike unranked. This is a MMO which means it is designed for players to play together. I feel more confident inside ranked knowing I have a teammate I can communicate with more and work along side. Too often I have been paired with bots or players who enjoy fighting 1v5 over and over.

Class RerollingThis comes from the experience of a Thief main. Matchmaking is weird, it will match up with weird compositions compared to the other team. Why should my team be stuck with 2 Thieves, 1 Mesmer, 1 Warrior and something else? I should be given the option to reroll to help achieve victory. That is called tactical play. Just because a player does not want to learn more than one class or reroll is their problem and choice. I should not be punished for rerolling to give my team a better advantage of winning. And since both teams have the ability to do it, it is balance. Quite often its only 1 or 2 players who reroll anyway on each team.

RewardsI get where you are coming from. You don't want PvE players who have no interest of improving their skill level and are only interested in the shiny rewards ruining your experience in matches. I get it but, the player base is already low. If we remove those rewards, the population will be even smaller and silver players will be matched with platinum or above which is frustrating from both sides. Rewards are fine but maybe the way they are implemented into sPvP needs to change. I like the option to play PvP and get ascended and legendary gear which I can then take into WvW if I wish.

I think the overall solution is for the developers to give players an intensive to improve their skill level and implement some much needed love into PvP content. We need some new maps and maybe a new gamemode. Just need some fresh air to revitalize the population!

Duo-QueueFirst, duo-queue is fine. I like playing with friends. Especially in a gamemode that has some sort of stakes unlike unranked. This is a MMO which means it is designed for players to play together. I feel more confident inside ranked knowing I have a teammate I can communicate with more and work along side. Too often I have been paired with bots or players who enjoy fighting 1v5 over and over.

premise, I am not referring to unrankedDuo-queue is the bigghest cancer that a player start meeting in gold3 and above.It's literally the only annoying thing currently,the class swapping/unbalanced classes are nothing in comparison.Would be really cool,population permitting,to split to 2 different playng mode:solo-queue and premade-1-5 queue,so you "know" what you're going to expect.Anyway all the speeches around this specific topic are mostly futile and debatable, accusations as justifications (playing with friends? if were more than one would be credible).Just to talk ,giving the same game condition to everyone is the only right way.

One last positive thing about solo-queue-only , excluding the potential duo coordination and various combos:-it would really allow a more balanced gameplay, not having Glicko2 to do strange balance between very different MMR of players who join together (and therefore smurf accounts/carry and similar,who purposely abuse the system to climb the rankings)

DuoQ would be better if the option to team with people was reserved for its own separate ranked Arena + Leaderboard.

People can't always do AT's or even queue with a team, so just having the option to be able to SoloQ and be matched only against other SoloQs would be great. Even if SoloQ completely dies out like people say it will, that really won't matter at all. There is no real consequence from that happening that doesn't contradict the people advocating for Merged DuoQ.

Plus playing in a team matters more and feels better when you progress and are ranked as a team. Right now the excuse seems to bounce between wanting to play with friends and having more meaningful teamplay, but even if you queue with someone else you're still ranked only as an individual.

Class re-rolling is just a plague. People cite the most extreme and unlikely cases as their evidence for why it's good. The bad certainly outweighs the very occasional good that comes from it.Counterpicks aren't even very well defined in this game. Changing small parts of builds can make managing certain matchups a breeze and it's not like the option to change builds or to multiclass would be taken away. It's why the setup phase exists.