Power is not dead, but...

It's not dead. Power builds 'r still viable across the board if you're a good player. Just, condi builds across the board reap rewards more easily and effortlessly. This combined with increased sustain vs power builds makes winning duels without being +1'd as power extremely tedious and unlikely - unless the skill gap is large.

@Tayga.3192 but this also applies to their condi parts. so might is not really factor, because t gives the same buff to both. although some power builds take more advantage from it. rev is propably the only that gets more condi dmg when having might iirc.

Might is not supposed to be stacked at 25 by everyone.The concept is that a pure DPS build will rely on external sources of boons to get even higher in DPS, while hybrid offset their poor baseline by self boon when alone and not much improving themselves in teams but improving other pure DPS by providing the boons.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Tayga.3192" said:9 out of 12 classes in metabattle's "meta" and "great" sections are power.5/9 can't go above 10 might without team's help.

Lol last updated half a year ago or more

26th April actually.

Although if Metabattle isn't your thing, then Gods of PvP also only has Necro and Mesmer using Condi builds.

@Alin.2468 said:conditions obtained through combosu wot m8?

Aside from the old condi Reaper builds after they changed Deathly Chill from making Chill do damage to inflicting Bleed on Chill. And you had to use Shroud 4 in Shroud 5 to generate Chill bolts to inflict a bunch of Bleeding before it was nerfed, I can't remember a single build on any class that relied to combos to generate conditions.

power has been meta since day 1. funny how a small balance of condi and power makes all power players upset, because they now have to consider taking condi cleanse on top of stunbreak. power also has easier ways of buffing its dmg, while most condi builds rely on procs from traits to do additional condi stacks and applications.

It ius true that in last overall dmg nerf condi has taken a hit too, because the condis don't have additonal stacks, but last longer instead. so the ramp up time for condi builds is substantially higher than before patch.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Sometimes I feel like I play a different game than half the people on this forum. Am I crazy? It doesn't feel like a condi meta to me. I encounter far more power builds. What is going on here?

Condi builds tend to be more successful at lower levels where people merely copy/paste builds and don't actually learn their class...making it easy for condi burst to trash them around

Condi is broken, both the spike, and applicability of condi is too high, 2 cleanses, and 2 heals isn't enough.Great sword guardian isn't pvp viable, it can kill bad players, and power damage has the same viability.Anet isn't going to give you a refund, and if it doesn't hit their pocket they doesn't care.