requst for the 3rd elite spec

BadSanta.6527

dear arenet staff , i hope your all well at wierd times like this .ihave only one requst , for the next espec please let anouther dev to be incharge. both elite soulbeast and druid feels not belonge to the class and kind of wierd. dont get me wrong ireno is great but when it comes to ranger i feel very disappointment and iknow its not just me.im really afraid that the next expac will be the last nail in the ranger coffin with evrey classs wil get an even cooler elite while all we get is kicks in exhange for our pet? ilost my faith in ireno please please please hear me out

current half traits can be/should be more re thinkable, and you think will be addeded one more trait row, and rebroken after next "changes in class/trais" ???forget about new usless elite spec. We have 5 biulds meta from 27 variations. Make same 5 meta from 36/48/64 have zero value.
I get portal on thief without any elite spec.. So main changes can come without any expansion.

@"lare.5129" said:current half traits can be/should be more re thinkable, and you think will be addeded one more trait row, and rebroken after next "changes in class/trais" ???forget about new usless elite spec. We have 5 biulds meta from 27 variations. Make same 5 meta from 36/48/64 have zero value.

I get portal on thief without any elite spec.. So main changes can come without any expansion.

I agree but still that thinking that next epac will be given every class elite and for us well icant call both druid and soulbeast elite well ranger will stay far far from behaind

@BadSanta.6527 said:I agree but still that thinking that next epac will be given every class elite and for usAt first I don't understand why some people see any tie between exp and new elite .. That can be new common some fly/move skill, some new digging skill no matter for that class and etc .. May be some new additional resistance attribute system and etc.Anet can impress me. And I am sure that new elites not impress me and normal players. Now ranger have 50% useless/obsolete traits, some slack in skills vision, so any new line or trait will fade target from old rework. So will hope we will get some atnoher path for expand, but not half working trait line and bored possibility use some additional weapon.

@lare.5129 said:

@BadSanta.6527 said:I agree but still that thinking that next epac will be given every class elite and for usAt first I don't understand why some people see any tie between exp and new elite .. That can be new common some fly/move skill, some new digging skill no matter for that class and etc .. May be some new additional resistance attribute system and etc.Anet can impress me. And I am sure that new elites not impress me and normal players. Now ranger have 50% useless/obsolete traits, some slack in skills vision, so any new line or trait will fade target from old rework. So will hope we will get some atnoher path for expand, but not half working trait line and bored possibility use some additional weapon.

i dont get it why people dont think we will get more elite spec , to be honst we most likely to get rather then not., base on expriesne on both expanstion + its help raise the sales .

@BadSanta.6527 said:

@"lare.5129" said:current half traits can be/should be more re thinkable, and you think will be addeded one more trait row, and rebroken after next "changes in class/trais" ???forget about new usless elite spec. We have 5 biulds meta from 27 variations. Make same 5 meta from 36/48/64 have zero value.

I agree but still that thinking that next epac will be given every class elite and for us well icant call both druid and soulbeast elite well ranger will stay far far from behaind

I get your drift but a new spec will not fix ranger. We will have a meme spec with over-the-top skills which quickly will be nerfed to the oblivion (same as it happened to drid and soulbeast) and ranger will still be useless where it matters (competitive modes).

I would like them to fix what we have now:

• fix all the weird bug and bad interactions core skills and traits have with the specs.
  • Rework the traitlines. We have some unidimensional ones like Markmanship or Bestamastery, other are weird and useless like Nature magic and Smirimisk . So ranger only has one build in competitive modes.
  • Rework all the pets. So they can offer value to the Druid, to the Ranger and to the soulbeast. All of them.
  • Rework the utility skills. Ranger has the stabilities in 60s CD... Even the soulbeast which is supposed to be able to enter in melee more often. Not without stability we don't.
  • Rework some weapons. Some weapons are so badly design they aren't used anywhere.

And then yes, let's talk about next specs. Ranger hasn't got any of the much needed reworks during it's all life span while other classes like revenant or mesmer are already on their 3rd.

@anduriell.6280 said:

I get your drift but a new spec will not fix ranger. We will have a meme spec with over-the-top skills which quickly will be nerfed to the oblivion (same as it happened to drid and soulbeast) and ranger will still be useless where it matters (competitive modes).

I would like them to fix what we have now:
  • fix all the weird bug and bad interactions core skills and traits have with the specs.
  • Rework the traitlines. We have some unidimensional ones like Markmanship or Bestamastery, other are weird and useless like Nature magic and Smirimisk . So ranger only has one build in competitive modes.
  • Rework all the pets. So they can offer value to the Druid, to the Ranger and to the soulbeast. All of them.
  • Rework the utility skills. Ranger has the stabilities in 60s CD... Even the soulbeast which is supposed to be able to enter in melee more often. Not without stability we don't.
  • Rework some weapons. Some weapons are so badly design they aren't used anywhere.

And then yes, let's talk about next specs. Ranger hasn't got any of the much needed reworks during it's all life span while other classes like revenant or mesmer are already on their 3rd.

I feel you , it is annoying that they made bad work on the elite and then in order to cover all the flows in the class they op and then nerf to the ground . But i absolutely cant call druid ranger elite spec and soulbeast the work it is not in the level for game like that

@BadSanta.6527 said:

If you "can't call druid/soulbeast ranger elites", then what elite would you expect for ranger for it to count as one? What would be YOUR idea?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

If you "can't call druid/soulbeast ranger elites", then what elite would you expect for ranger for it to count as one? What would be YOUR idea?

Ofcurse icant , druid was desigent for raids only , yeha you can play it well in pvp but it dosent change the fact that its was for raids and raids only ( majority of the player dont to raids) comon astral force is carp , glyps only one was "worth it" unti the nerf, and lets not talk about staff auto,.,,, ithink its a shameand soulbeast only one gimmeick the merga and skil f3 in kind of something

@BadSanta.6527 said:

Ofcurse icant , druid was desigent for raids only , yeha you can play it well in pvp but it dosent change the fact that its was for raids and raids only ( majority of the player dont to raids) comon astral force is carp , glyps only one was "worth it" unti the nerf, and lets not talk about staff auto,.,,, ithink its a shameand soulbeast only one gimmeick the merga and skil f3 in kind of something

Druid was not made solely for raids.It is a support spec focused on healing. Which can also get used in other content like WvW, fractals, etc.

The thing is that the big majority doesn't want to use a healer spec. Most people still consider dps to be the only real playstyle in PvE outside of raids. With that mindset, Anet would have to create nothing but damage dealer e-specs in the future, which would be terribly boring. Having variety is nice.

@Kodama.6453 said:

Druid was not made solely for raids.It is a support spec focused on healing. Which can also get used in other content like WvW, fractals, etc.

The thing is that the big majority doesn't
want
to use a healer spec. Most people still consider dps to be the only real playstyle in PvE outside of raids. With that mindset, Anet would have to create nothing but damage dealer e-specs in the future, which would be terribly boring. Having variety is nice.

again you prove my point that it is raids only , if the demand for "healing" spec is raids only... and there is bid diffrent between support and healing. it was at first op becuse of its support that never ment to be and now look at it

@BadSanta.6527 said:

It seems you didn't understand the question. I never asked why you don't consider them elites. It's irrelevant to me, because I disagree with that opinion regardless. I'm not looking for justification and I don't plan to change your mind about that, because what's the point.

The question was:"If you "can't call druid/soulbeast ranger elites", then what elite would you expect for ranger for it to count as one? What would be YOUR idea?"

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

It seems you didn't understand the question. I never asked why you don't consider them elites. It's irrelevant to me, because I disagree with that opinion regardless. I'm not looking for justification and I don't plan to change your mind about that, because what's the point.

The question was:"If you "can't call druid/soulbeast ranger elites", then
what elite would you expect for ranger for it to count as one? What would be YOUR idea?
"

Simple , something that will change my play style .. that what is elite all about. Iwish elite like necro reaper and scurage i think both play there roll perfectly. Also dragon hunters

@BadSanta.6527 said:

what elite would you expect for ranger for it to count as one? What would be YOUR idea?
"

Simple , something that will change my play style .. that what is elite all about. Iwish elite like necro reaper and scurage i think both play there roll perfectly. Also dragon hunters

Ok, but do you have anything specific in mind? Because currently all this thread is, is just throwing mud in someone's general direction. It's not constructive at all, you share your opinion about disliking especs and then provide nothing to change that situation before the release of the 3rd one. As it is, it serves no real purpose.

• Confused 1

@BadSanta.6527 said:

"

Wait, and you think druid and soulbeast don't accomplish this?

Druid literally provides a playstyle that ranger was totally locked out from: group support and healing. Before, there have been no effective healer options for rangers. Also the whole celestial avatar form is a new mechanic for rangers, which didn't have access to transforms which require to build up a ressource before.I don't see how you can claim that druid provides no change in playstyle....

@Kodama.6453 said:

"

Wait, and you think druid and soulbeast don't accomplish this?

Druid literally provides a playstyle that ranger was totally locked out from: group support and healing. Before, there have been no effective healer options for rangers. Also the whole celestial avatar form is a new mechanic for rangers, which didn't have access to transforms which require to build up a ressource before.I don't see how you can claim that druid provides no change in playstyle....

No, in one of the previous posts in this thread I wrote:

I'm not here to convince him he's incorrect, because not only I don't think he'll be able to accept any arguments, I also don't think it's really important here. For the sake of not going back-and-forth with him for the next 2 pages, which will be just repeating the same thing anyways, I think it's better to assume he's correct even if he's not and understand why he created this thread in the first place.If he wanted to throw mud just for the sake of it? Well, that's just pointless and stupid.If he wanted to help devs in one way or another? Then currently he is NOT doing that, providing examples for the RANGER SPECS (because listing other classes' specs doesn't do anything here) he would like to see would actually be more meaningful.For now it seems he doesn't know what he wants, but is just throwing mud. At that point, I'm not sure why this thread even exists. Might as well make a personal diary and write it there.

Edit: whoops, I got a notification, because there was my post quoted inside his quoted post. Now I see you're not responding to me, but to him. My bad, but I'm leaving this regardless for some clarity I guess. :flushed:

• Confused 1