Anet can you please change these things on Ranger for quality of life purposes. (PoF Pets/Spirits)

Strider.7849

I should start this with the reason I only listed Path of Fire pets, and that's because HoT and Pre-Hot pets that need fixing might be too much work and I think this might be faster changes:

Juvenile Fanged Iboga: I would love to see this pet go full ranged attacks. It has great aoe and gives damage that the Ranger doesn't have access to (confusion). However, more often then not the Iboga will spit at range, then start running towards the target and die in a couple seconds. PoF introduced a lot of nice pets but lack any "ranged" ones.

Juvenile Sand Lion: The F2 skill could use a recharge reduction. At 20 seconds I would definitely start using this pet more and not be pidgeon holed into smokescale/tiger/electric wyvern/bristleback.

Juvenile Rock Gazelle: The pet begins a charging animation and shoots across the map. It returns by the time I'm done killing the enemy in PvE. In PvP with signet of renewal when I get condi bombed by a scourge on point or mirage from stealth, the pet is still prancing back from it's journey. There's a very short window of time you to cleanse when against these classes if you get hit.

Re-enable spirits following the player.

@Ariurotl.3718 said:What you're asking for are called buffs. They're not quality of life changes, please learn what the term actually means in this context. QoL changes only make your experience in the game more convenient without making your characters stronger (or weaker, for that matter).

The one with the sandlion is a buff request yes. But moving spirits, iboga being pure ranged and rockgazelle not producing abandoment issues are QoL.

I fully agree with the need for spirit mobility.I WvW and PvP you can't predict what your opponents will do and the fights are far to mobile for immobile spirits.The whole concept becomes useless if the fighting is always moving out of range.I would even except a smaller field of effect if spirits could follow the battle. Another issue would be path of scars.The ground targeting is ridiculous and is near impossible to execute unless the target is standing completely still.That should be returned to direct targeting again (even reducing to one player targeted would be an acceptable trade off ) so as to be in balance with other pulls from other classes.

• 2 years later...

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Ariurotl.3718 said:What you're asking for are called
buffs
. They're not quality of life changes, please learn what the term actually means in this context. QoL changes only make
your experience in the game more convenient
without making your characters stronger (or weaker, for that matter).

The one with the sandlion is a buff request yes. But moving spirits, iboga being pure ranged and rockgazelle not producing abandoment issues are QoL.

Making something that has historically been melee attacking at range without any other changes is definitely a buff, not a QoL change.

Rock Gazelle not running off trying to find the end of the world I can agree with, since it would be kinda a bug fix. It shouldn't behaviour like this in the first place. Would it make it the pet better and therefore also kinda be a buff? Yes, but I can agree with this change in general.

Ariurotl is still correct that these changes are not really QoL changes. This term doesn't apply here.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Ariurotl.3718 said:What you're asking for are called
buffs
. They're not quality of life changes, please learn what the term actually means in this context. QoL changes only make
your experience in the game more convenient
without making your characters stronger (or weaker, for that matter).

Making something that has historically been melee attacking at range without any other changes is definitely a buff, not a QoL change.

Rock Gazelle not running off trying to find the end of the world I can agree with, since it would be kinda a bug fix. It shouldn't behaviour like this in the first place. Would it make it the pet better and therefore also kinda be a buff? Yes, but I can agree with this change in general.

Ariurotl is still correct that these changes are not really QoL changes. This term doesn't apply here.

You're replying to a necro'd thread from 3 years ago.

With that being said, iboga spits at range, pulls at range with its F2, but runs slowly into melee as the squishiest pet and dies. You can reduce the damage far below the melee damage, it would still be a quality of life improvement to not have to micro a glass cannon pet like that.

The deer/spirits all QoL - self explanatory.

The lion is a buff, I put it in this thread rather than writing 2 seperate ones, one of which just for that. Just wanted it to be able to compete with the most used pets of that time.

Overall, yourself and a couple others just joined this thread to argue semantics rather than having anything constructive to post. I wrote QoL changes for most of the things in here, but you seem tunnel visioned into the sand lion. Learn to see the forest through the trees bud.

@MajinSoul.4512 said:This thread is from 2017 and the Gazelle still behaves this way which is kind of sad. If this was a bug that resulted in an unintended dps increase, you can be sure this would have been fixed right away but alas ...

Unfortunately yeah, I was thinking that when I got the notification. There's been plenty of nerfs to this pet since but not one attempt to fix it. It makes me feel that issues that are within our core pets, like outdated/weak skills, inability to hit moving targets (drakes) and a host of other issues may never be fixed or addressed. I wrote several pet threads before but I don't think I'll be doing anymore. Kind of just have to hope that all future pets released are done well and will survive the test of time.