Please remove rune of speed

You chop damage down on the mobile classes, and give plenty of compensation to the "less mobile" classes and then they use this rune.

+300 fericity, perma quicness, and ability to build might.....doesn't need a perma superspeed.

Like, honestly, do you really think this is fair?

Doesn't matter.

It is not fair.

You move fast or you hit hard; stick to your own philosphy.

Remove this or give backstab a 5.0 coefficient like photonic blasiting module.

First they came for the amulets, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that amulet.

Then they came for the runes, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that rune.

Then they came for the sigils, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that sigil.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

"Anet..people are using interesting options to make builds I personally don't like so please remove them...I don't care about the opportunity cost they are making to do so I just want them gone so I don't have to worry about them. Also...buff my main ..it's weak. "

You need to put more thought into your nerf threads since they really lack and substance besides I don't like it so nerf it or remove it.

Rune of speed is interesting since, not only does it not have any offensive stats, but it also causes you to want to have as much swiftness as possible so you start building around it since as soon as swiftness is gone the rune essentially does absolutely nothing for you.

I think this is not a bad idea, I'd like to see less mobility runes in order to increase the disparity between roamer classes and static classes. Of course dmg/heals/cc need to be adjusted. But it would be fun to see again the low mobility classes which are more powerful being outrotated and people would need to think more. But maybe it is just my personal taste.

@montecristo.1324 said:I think this is not a bad idea, I'd like to see less mobility runes in order to increase the disparity between roamer classes and static classes. Of course dmg/heals/cc need to be adjusted. But it would be fun to see again the low mobility classes which are more powerful being outrotated and people would need to think more. But maybe it is just my personal taste.

Counter argument: We shouldn't have roamer/static classes, instead we should have classes that are more fitting for roamer/static builds.

Imagine it like this: Currently you can have a hybrid (roamerish but has teamfight potential) reaper. It isn't a pure roamer like thief is, but it's a different way of playing necro.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@montecristo.1324 said:I think this is not a bad idea, I'd like to see less mobility runes in order to increase the disparity between roamer classes and static classes. Of course dmg/heals/cc need to be adjusted. But it would be fun to see again the low mobility classes which are more powerful being outrotated and people would need to think more. But maybe it is just my personal taste.

Counter argument: We shouldn't have roamer/static classes, instead we should have classes that are more fitting for roamer/static builds.

Imagine it like this: Currently you can have a hybrid (roamerish but has teamfight potential) reaper. It isn't a pure roamer like thief is, but it's a different way of playing necro.

I totally don't like what you described, again is personal taste but reaper flavour is melee destruction, big AOE DPS and I don't like the idea of this being as mobile as a sneaky thief or a ranger.If the next Necro spec is something with high mobility, something like a ghost spec, then I'd love to see necro roam.I think every class should have a roamer spec/setup but runes are giving this opportunity to every spec even the ones that are not supposed to roam.It is just my opinion tbh, I enjoy the game and if they keep these kind of runes I still happy, is just a personal taste

If they aren't that good and don't have a major impact on the game in places where it really matters, then can we get a weapon swap sigil that applies 9 sec of swiftness (9 sec cd) that works in and out of combat? Not every class can build for or has access to swiftness in a viable way and I'd certainly like to be able to play with more options like these runes if they aren't going to be removed!

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Erazik.7059" said:please remove crab fear from the forum

The devs have a few profession specific runes, and they really hurt the game.

They are not fair, and the intention is clear that they give a clear advantage.

Why are so many reapers running this rune if it is so useless?

Because it lets you move faster and necro is slow and reaper is melee. The rune allows you to offset some inherent weakness by sacrifice and investment into swiftness.

The rune isn't useless but it allows for a build defining choice. You're giving up a pretty large chunk of damage for more conditional mobility.

There are a lot of runes that are stronger on some classes than others and some that are better for some types of builds than other and that's perfectly fine.

The more of your posts I read the more you come across as a "it's not fair if I don't like it or its used against me but it's fair if I can use it" kind of person.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Why are so many reapers running this rune if it is so useless?Most of your damage is tied to shroud.Reaper shroud is melee.Unlike say a Warrior or Rev you have a time limit on how long you will have access to your melee damage.You generally do not have condi cleanse while in reaper shroud(Death Magic reaper doesn't very well work, I tried) so there is no way to get rid of cripple or chill if you get those on you.Runes of Speed makes you go fast and sort of counters cripple. This heightens the chances of you hitting an enemy instead of flailing around uselessly out of range until shroud runs out. But I actually agree with you. Runes of Speed could be removed and this problem would be best solved by buffing Relentless Pursuit so it has a functionality similar to what Speed Runes give you.

I don't generally play Reaper unless I'm really bored though. Because even with those runes you will be doing a lot of useless flailing against most lads in Plat 3 and higher since they play around it. That's really not fun.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Personal insults because you know how profession specific this rune is.

Even the changes to rune of speed came so close with changes to reapers onslaught.

I like how people pretend this is not superspeed when in combat.Reaper's Onslaught does not grant Swiftness. And Reaper's Onslaught is a trait which the whole Reaper spec is balanced around (which sucks as you are forced into that trait when playing Reaper).

Besides that: your nerf threads are unhealthy for the game. They have no substance and lead to useless discussions about things that are not broken.

Btw.: There is a rune that grants Superspeed when you do a leap finisher. You should put that on your list for your next thread because Reapers can do leap finishers... or you could just get good at the game.