Best 1v1 profession/specialization?

@Strider.7849 said:All professions are capable in the current meta, despite what some people say (in WvW at least). There's no key moves in this game that are the be all end all, I think that's a WoW thing.

Well some builds clearly shine, like condi rev. Obviously it doesn't mean you can just faceroll your keyboard and beat anything with this build, but close.

@Samug.6512 said:

@Strider.7849 said:All professions are capable in the current meta, despite what some people say (in WvW at least). There's no key moves in this game that are the be all end all, I think that's a WoW thing.

Well some builds clearly shine, like condi rev. Obviously it doesn't mean you can just faceroll your keyboard and beat anything with this build, but close.

Strong yes, but I wouldn't say it's the best. It's counterable by builds that high CC and decent mobilty/range - as it only has axe port + mallyx leap. The sword 3 port is kind of unreliable in my opinion unless they are already in almost melee range.

It's strongest range to be in is close/melee range and only has two stunbreaks. Things might be different in PvP, I'm not sure I don't play spvp (it's boring), but from an outsider looking in, I don't know what all the fuss is about with people saying revenants are OP.

@schloumou.3982 said:Today i learned only 3 gapclosers and only 2 stunbreaks is a weakness. Sad core engi noises.

Depends how you build it, but rifle 5 is almost equal in distance to mallyx leap. Rocket boots, can be trained as well for another gap closer, elixir S - stealth disengage/engage and stun break/invul, elixir gun has a tool belt stun break and area denial/short leap which can be used to gap close with about-face keybind... I can go on with more. Not saying it's got it all, but rev doesn't have the same options since it's locked into preset skills based on your legends chosen.

WvW pov:SS Tier: Core Thief ( unlimited movement + stealth ) you can't catch em up but he can kill you in a very short time.S tier: Holo, Weaver, dagger spellbreaker, Core Ranger, core necroS Tier / A Tier +: Firebrand, Dragonhunter, reaper, dead eye, dare devil, power rev, condi rev, melee tank ranger, core warrior, druid, beastmasterA Tier: condi mesmer, power mirage, Tempest, Burn Guard, core mesmer, scourge, core ele, core engi,b Tier: /c tier: /

Ranger.

A well played Ranger will never die in a 1v1.

Core Ranger and Druid right now are exceptionally tough to kill in a 1v1 (even in pvp after their recent nerfs), Soulbeast less so, but are still very capable of surviving and outsustaining.

I'll mention Thief too because yu can't force them to stay and fight and they can always wear yu down slowly till they get a kill.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:WvW pov:SS Tier: Core Thief ( unlimited movement + stealth ) you can't catch em up but he can kill you in a very short time.S tier: Holo, Weaver, dagger spellbreaker, Core Ranger, core necroS Tier / A Tier +: Firebrand, Dragonhunter, reaper, dead eye, dare devil, power rev, condi rev, melee tank ranger, core warrior, druid, beastmasterA Tier: condi mesmer, power mirage, Tempest, Burn Guard, core mesmer, scourge, core ele, core engi,b Tier: /c tier: /

why is core necromancer above reaper? Esp since death shroud now loses 4% per sec.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:WvW pov:SS Tier: Core Thief ( unlimited movement + stealth ) you can't catch em up but he can kill you in a very short time.S tier: Holo, Weaver, dagger spellbreaker, Core Ranger, core necroS Tier / A Tier +: Firebrand, Dragonhunter, reaper, dead eye, dare devil, power rev, condi rev, melee tank ranger, core warrior, druid, beastmasterA Tier: condi mesmer, power mirage, Tempest, Burn Guard, core mesmer, scourge, core ele, core engi,b Tier: /c tier: /

Lol you mentioned almost all classes are good.

@Roche.7491 said:

Lol you mentioned almost all classes are good.Why lol?All classes are good or better.

@Yasai.3549 said:Ranger.

A well played Ranger will never die in a 1v1.

Core Ranger and Druid right now are exceptionally tough to kill in a 1v1 (even in pvp after their recent nerfs), Soulbeast less so, but are still very capable of surviving and outsustaining.

I'll mention Thief too because yu can't force them to stay and fight and they can always wear yu down slowly till they get a kill.

A well played Weaver is also unkillable.

Prepatch I would say either Mirage or Daredevil. Post-patch Mirage is still strong but I would say Daredevil has the edge. Still, with the current meta of nerfed damage if they crash against a bunker Ele or Rager is almost impossible to score the kill.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

Lol you mentioned almost all classes are good.Why lol?All classes are good or better.

It’s confusing to choose for new players as you mentioned everyone. Just choose one or two.

@Roche.7491 said:

It’s confusing to choose for new players as you mentioned everyone. Just choose one or two.

okey :)in short: all classes are playable and new players should choose what they have fun and what they are good in.

dont play thief when you die in 1 second because you cant play full class canon.dont play weaver when you dont know your rotation....:/

edit: okey the very easy waygo to metabattle -> choose some mainstream build -> play the same build as every other -> think you are good ... -> lose against a no mainstream build -> log out.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

okey :)in short: all classes are playable and new players should choose what they have fun and what they are good in.

dont play thief when you die in 1 second because you cant play full class canon.dont play weaver when you dont know your rotation....:/

edit: okey the very easy waygo to metabattle -> choose some mainstream build -> play the same build as every other -> think you are good ... -> lose against a no mainstream build -> log out.

TC is looking at a worthy class he would like to invest his precious time and master. Most of us doesn't have time to create each class and try in pvp. Moreover we don't want to invest character slots for it.

To TC: I suggest thief. Thieves are hard and takes a lot of time to master but once you mastered it you practically have all the assets you need to beat any class 1v1 due to your flexibility, evasion & versatility. Moreover, you are best at capturing points and escaping lethal.