Expansion Predictions

When Guild Wars 2 first launched, it was expected that the core game and each expansion would allow the player to slay each of the Elder Dragons. The Core game had us fight against Zhaitan, but unlike the original GW, they did not have secondary professions, although they did add a gang of weapons and underwater combat. Heart of Thorns had us up against Mordremoth, added elite specializations to adjust to the lack of secondary professions, added a gliding mastery system to the game, and a new profession. Path of Fire did not have us going after another Elder Dragon, although that battle happened in living word 4 where we fought Kralkatorrik, but we gained another elite specialization. More importantly, we have mounts, which most players through we'd never get in a GW franchise.
So now... we slain 3 of 6 Elder Dragons, I think what's next to come is... the next 3 dragons and another 3 elites.

After doing some searching and putting my own logic and interest in the mix. I think I came across some great ideas for the next elites and possibly, some other expansion ideas.Let look at what we have and could have, shall we...

Warrior-1) Berserker with a Torch, Rage skills and Berserker mode which gives new Berserker Bursts abilities.2) Spell Breaker with dual Daggers, Meditations, and Full Counters mechanic that absorbs and counter attacks surrounding foes.3) Warlord with Melee Staff, hired Recruits, and Marks to aid allies on the battlefield.4) Champion with a main hand Shield, Punishment abilities that weakens or leaves foes vulnerable, and Protection mechanic, gives a barrier and tethers to allies, to absorb damage.*5) Ravager with dual Pistols, Traps, and Ravage Burst mechanic which provides more of an area effect damage.

Guardian-1) Dragonhunter with Long Bows, Traps, and the ability turn their Virtues into Physical Constructs.2) Firebrands with a main hand Axe, Mantras, and changes their Virtues in to Tomes of several spells.3) Archon with an off hand Sword, glyphs, and the ability to attune to a Virtue at a time.4) Summoner with a War Horn, Summon mythical creatures for aid, and convert Virtues into Virtuous Pets*5) Mystic with main hand Focus, Arcane Spells, and Virtuous Burst abilities.

Revenant-1) Hearld with a Shield, conjuring Dragon abilities, and able to tap into the Dragon Legend to buff them and their allies.2) Renegade with Short Bow, able to summon spiritual combatants, and harness a Legendary Warrior's ability to command ancient forces and charging your allies for battle.3) Overlord with dual Scepters, able to summon minions from the mist, and Over Charge their connection to their attune legend.4) Mist Walker with dual Pistols, the ability to use the mist offensive and defensively, and Merge Legend abilities.*5) Rift Slayer with a Great Sword, and able to cast dimensional spells, and the timely ability to open or close a dimensional gate which exceeds their abilities.

Ranger1) Druid with a Staff, glyphs, and the ability to turn into a Celestial Avatar2) Soulbeast with a main hand Dagger, combat stances, and the ability to take in the spirit of their pet granting them animalistic abilities.3) Shaman with a off hand Focus, summoning Totems that buff them and their allies, and having the ability to transform into their pet, having all of their pets' abilities.4) Warden with an off hand Shield, summoning herds and commanding nature to do their bidding, along with controlling 2 pets at the same time.*5) Wanderer with a Hammer, having shouts to stifle their foes, and can summon random pets for a brief moment of time.

Engineer1) Scrapper with a Hammer, having mechanical Gyros that place wells at their destruction, and a personal gyro that revive an ally or finish a foe.2) Holosmith with a main hand Sword, the ability to conjure hard light, and the ability to Exceed their normal light abilities before they overheat.3) Machinist- with a main hand Mace, they can create gear for them and their allies, and their new mechanic allows them to use their gears to assemble into a Battle Mech.4) Technomancer with a Great Sword, and Physical Cybrotronics abilities, and Mana that alters their Cybrotronics.*5) Med Tech with an off hand Focus, Preparation skills, along with Biomatrix mechanic for buffing them and their allies.

Thief1) Daredevil with a Melee Staff, Physical Skills for attacking foes, and offensive and defensive Dodge abilities.2) Deadeye with a Rifle, cantrips for manipulating foes, and a Deadeye Mark and Malice mechanic to cause extra damage to marked targets.3) Inquisitor with a Torch, Survival Skills to allude foes or buff abilities, and an Intuition mechanic that uses the initiative as a bonus to combat.4) Reaver with dual Maces, summoning their Thieves Guild to aid in combat, and their Steal abilities a Counter in combat.*5) Shadow Mage with an off hand Focus, Arcane Shadow spells, and can summon a Shadow Thief to steal from a distance.

Elementalist1) Tempest with a War Horn and Shouts to command the weather and elements, and the ability to Overcharge their attunements, cause mass devastation in their wake.2) Weaver with a main hand sword, combat Stances to manipulate the elements, and the ability to control two separate elements at the same time.3) Magus with a main hand Focus, able to cast Consecration Spells, and the ability to Sub-attune, granting the benefits of other elements, while no longer able to swap attunements.4) Rune Master with a Long Bow, able to cast Elemental Wells, and Mark the ground with elemental symbols when they attune, buffing allies and damaging foes.*5) Arcanist with an off hand Scepter, the ability use Mantras, and attune to a 5th Element "the Arcane"

Mesmer1) Chronomancer with a Shield, Wells to control time, and a new mechanic Continuum Split, so they can go back in time.2) Mirage with a main hand Axe, Deception spells, and a Mirage Cloak that allows them to evade attacks without even moving.3) Enchanter with a Short Bow, enchanting Shouts, with their Shatter Skills having new abilities, making their clones Enchantments, buffing the allies close by instead of damaging foes.4) Psionic with a main hand Pistol, Sabotage skills work like Cantrips, and they have only have one Clone at a time but can be treated as 3 clones in 1.*5) Conjurer with dual Daggers, that can Summon illusionary beasts that later turns to clones, and conjure 5 clones instead of 3, but the shatter ability only effects foes around the caster.

Necromancer1) Reaper with Great Sword, Shouts that frighten their opponents, and a Reaper Shroud for close combat.2) Scourge with a Torch, Punishment abilities that torment and corrupt, and summons Shades to damaging foes close by.3) Diabolist with a Hammer, able to cast Tricks that damage foes, and can transform into a Demon Shroud.4) Death Stalker with a Rifle, Traps, and Stalking Spirits mechanics that can revive an ally or finish a foe.*5) Warlock with a off hand Shield, Glyphs, and a new mechanic that turns their life force into a Burst depending on their main hand weapon.

As far as other mechanics to the game, I'm hoping that more underwater exploration comes, on water combat. More races, like Tengu and Largos. More Ranger Pets like Wisps, Crocodiles, and Ferrets.

I highly doubt there will be another 3 Elite specs per class.. im thinking 2 at the absolute most though I expect the next set of specs with the next expansion will be the last time we get both new Elite Specs and an expansion in Gw2.That's just my prediciton though, I do believe Cantha will be the last expansion of Gw2.. but if it's not the 4th expansion definitely will be.

As for the Dragons.. well Anet definitely showed us that they are not afraid to kill them off in the living world.. something that to this day I do not thing is a good decision even though Kralkatorrik was done so superbly well by my book.I think these guys being the main antagonists of this game are wasted as living world big bads.. they should be reserved for expansions imo but that's just me.

I'm not sure the direction will go for Cantha but I expect a Dragon story.. a lot of people are expecting the Sea Dragon to finally make a show and Cantha would be a fine location to slay it.. The partially restored Jade Sea would make for a fine location to fight it imo.

But atm we're dealing with Jormag.. and I don't think Jormag's story will be ending soon either.Primordus or at least his magic has also made a return lately with the Stone summit so Anet could be hinting that he could be this mysterious "threat on the horizon" that Jormag warned of.

It would make sense to have a Jormag/Primordus storyline rather than either with the Sea Dragon since we know their magics conflict and Baltahzar already tried to kill them both in the past by using their magic against each other..If anything would have pit the two against each other as enemies or threats it would have been that little event that significantly hurt them both and put them back to sleep.

That said, Primordus I believe will definitely be the last of the Elder Dragons to fall or stories we'll likely tackle.. and I think that Jormag could play a part in that fight to.So I expect the Icebrood Saga will end with us either reluctantly allying with Jormag/calling a truse with it or Jormag will flee and resurface later during the Primordus story in which we will kill them both in the same arc.

That could free up Sea Dragon and Cantha but we've very little reason to be going there atm.. in fact absolutely no reason to even mention Cantha in game right now.It's going to be interesting to see how current events with Bangar and Jormag tie into what we do know about the next expansion.Then again there's potentially a whole other season/saga of living world to come before we see that Canthan expansion so anything could happen in that time.

@"Teratus.2859" said:I highly doubt there will be another 3 Elite specs per class.. im thinking 2 at the absolute most though I expect the next set of specs with the next expansion will be the last time we get both new Elite Specs and an expansion in Gw2.That's just my prediciton though, I do believe Cantha will be the last expansion of Gw2.. but if it's not the 4th expansion definitely will be.

As for the Dragons.. well Anet definitely showed us that they are not afraid to kill them off in the living world.. something that to this day I do not thing is a good decision even though Kralkatorrik was done so superbly well by my book.I think these guys being the main antagonists of this game are wasted as living world big bads.. they should be reserved for expansions imo but that's just me.

I'm not sure the direction will go for Cantha but I expect a Dragon story.. a lot of people are expecting the Sea Dragon to finally make a show and Cantha would be a fine location to slay it.. The partially restored Jade Sea would make for a fine location to fight it imo.

But atm we're dealing with Jormag.. and I don't think Jormag's story will be ending soon either.Primordus or at least his magic has also made a return lately with the Stone summit so Anet could be hinting that he could be this mysterious "threat on the horizon" that Jormag warned of.

It would make sense to have a Jormag/Primordus storyline rather than either with the Sea Dragon since we know their magics conflict and Baltahzar already tried to kill them both in the past by using their magic against each other..If anything would have pit the two against each other as enemies or threats it would have been that little event that significantly hurt them both and put them back to sleep.

That said, Primordus I believe will definitely be the last of the Elder Dragons to fall or stories we'll likely tackle.. and I think that Jormag could play a part in that fight to.So I expect the Icebrood Saga will end with us either reluctantly allying with Jormag/calling a truse with it or Jormag will flee and resurface later during the Primordus story in which we will kill them both in the same arc.

That could free up Sea Dragon and Cantha but we've very little reason to be going there atm.. in fact absolutely no reason to even mention Cantha in game right now.It's going to be interesting to see how current events with Bangar and Jormag tie into what we do know about the next expansion.Then again there's potentially a whole other season/saga of living world to come before we see that Canthan expansion so anything could happen in that time.

There's also the possiblity that Anet may pull the rug and surprise us by making our journey to Cantha start from the North not the South.. rather than sail South from Elona we persue Jormag North and reach Cantha from the never before seen South instead and Jormag ends up being the Dragon we kill in Cantha not the Sea Dragon.

I was thinking the same thing, but I also think there is slim chance a 5th elite specializations would come based on what content and story direction they take.

I wish there was a option in the Main cities/outdoor PvP , where half the people are transform into critters and the other half hunt them (teleport skills are disabled) . The critters will try to survive and find mashrooms to grow up in size (slowly) and when fully sized ,they will be the ones hunting the other people .And it happens in the same time as the WvWvW/PvE events in 26th of this month . So either try to hunt the younglings and then do the Warmap events (in 30 min) or do the events fast and as an endboss the younglings with grow up for the final battle

@Noir.8561 said:I wish there was a option in the Main cities/outdoor PvP , where half the people are transform into critters and the other half hunt them (teleport skills are disabled) . The critters will try to survive and find mashrooms to grow up in size (slowly) and when fully sized ,they will be the ones hunting the other people .And it happens in the same time as the WvWvW/PvE events in 26th of this month . So either try to hunt the younglings and then do the Warmap events (in 30 min) or do the events fast and as an endboss the younglings with grow up for the final battle

That’s a pretty random and awesome idea! You’d probably also enjoy southsun survival if you haven’t tried it before

@"VocalThought.9835" said:Elementalist1) Tempest with a War Horn and Shouts to command the weather and elements, and the ability to Overcharge their attunements, cause mass devastation in their wake.2) Weaver with a main hand sword, combat Stances to manipulate the elements, and the ability to control two separate elements at the same time.3) Magus with a main hand Focus, able to cast Consecration Spells, and the ability to Sub-attune, granting the benefits of other elements, while no longer able to swap attunements.4) Rune Master with a Long Bow, able to cast Elemental Wells, and Mark the ground with elemental symbols when they attune, buffing allies and damaging foes.*5) Arcanist with an off hand Scepter, the ability use Mantras, and attune to a 5th Element "the Arcane"

Not really keen on using an off hand as a main hand, or a Scepter as an off-hand and Elementalists already have access to a bow with the Conjure Frost Bow skill. So my personal pick for next weapon is Rifle, a Long Range fast damage (not area of effect /over time like Staff) weapon. If one of the main attacks "feel" like Prime Light Beam of Holosmith then even better.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"VocalThought.9835" said:Elementalist1) Tempest with a War Horn and Shouts to command the weather and elements, and the ability to Overcharge their attunements, cause mass devastation in their wake.2) Weaver with a main hand sword, combat Stances to manipulate the elements, and the ability to control two separate elements at the same time.
3) Magus with a main hand Focus, able to cast Consecration Spells, and the ability to Sub-attune, granting the benefits of other elements, while no longer able to swap attunements.
4) Rune Master with a Long Bow, able to cast Elemental Wells, and Mark the ground with elemental symbols when they attune, buffing allies and damaging foes.*5) Arcanist with an off hand Scepter, the ability use Mantras, and attune to a 5th Element "the Arcane"

Not really keen on using an off hand as a main hand, or a Scepter as an off-hand and Elementalists already have access to a bow with the Conjure Frost Bow skill. So my personal pick for next weapon is Rifle, a Long Range fast damage (not area of effect /over time like Staff) weapon. If one of the main attacks "feel" like Prime Light Beam of Holosmith then even better.

Yeah, that is definitely outside of my idea. I think a lot of people like the idea of a Mage Archer. But a Elementalist with a rifle... I can't see it, but I'm not gonna knock it either.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"VocalThought.9835" said:Elementalist1) Tempest with a War Horn and Shouts to command the weather and elements, and the ability to Overcharge their attunements, cause mass devastation in their wake.2) Weaver with a main hand sword, combat Stances to manipulate the elements, and the ability to control two separate elements at the same time.
3) Magus with a main hand Focus, able to cast Consecration Spells, and the ability to Sub-attune, granting the benefits of other elements, while no longer able to swap attunements.
4) Rune Master with a Long Bow, able to cast Elemental Wells, and Mark the ground with elemental symbols when they attune, buffing allies and damaging foes.*5) Arcanist with an off hand Scepter, the ability use Mantras, and attune to a 5th Element "the Arcane"

I feel like Long Bow would be a great option. It's not like it has to have the same skills. In fact, when you're attuned to Water your weapon skills don't have to be ice at all, so your not using a Frost Bow, you using a bow with Arrows based on your attunement. I can think of plenty of water abilities bow skills.

I personally don't see the fascination that an elementalist would have for a rifle. It's not tied to any lore, gw or other wise. I think all of the elites I created are much more fitting. Like main hand focus and off hand scepter. They stick wit the mage or spell casting them. Elementalist having the most spells in the game clearly shows that they're the ultimate spell caster. But that's just me.

I speculate that we gonna see some more STATE_SERVER_WAIT action when thr expac drops.

In terms of other features, i say renewed focus to pvp with faction based content, open sea and island exploration and maybe naval combat.

As for elite specs idc so long as guard and mesmer get land spears or land spear and longbow respectively.

@zealex.9410 said:I speculate that we gonna see some more STATE_SERVER_WAIT action when thr expac drops.

In terms of other features, i say renewed focus to pvp with faction based content, open sea and island exploration and maybe naval combat.

As for elite specs idc so long as mesmer and guard get land spears or land spear and longbow respectively.

I don't know if they're gonna change their current weapon system with having aquatic weapons on land. I personally don't see a need for that, BTW, Guardian already has longbow, respectively speaking.

At your own request :)

All the suggestion about putting a main hand only in off hand or off hand only in main hand are so unlikely I make a general statement for it.It's also important that core mechanics can't be altered too much or it would break all the traits related to core mechanics.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Revenant-3) Overlord with dual Scepters, able to summon minions from the mist, and Over Charge their connection to their attune legend.4) Mist Walker with dual Pistols, the ability to use the mist offensive and defensively, and Merge Legend abilities.*5) Rift Slayer with a Great Sword, and able to cast dimensional spells, and the timely ability to open or close a dimensional gate.

Overlord summon is too close to Renegade summon. Unless they change Renegade summon to be "immaterial" and just fancy looking AoE like Holosmith (with a nerfed duration in PvP for balance). Longbow would fit and be a realistic weapon. Revenant have so few weapons anyway.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Ranger3) Shaman with a off hand Focus, summoning Totems that buff them and their allies, and having the ability to merge into their pet, having all of their pets' abilities.4) Warden with an off hand Shield, summoning herds and commanding nature to do their bidding, along with controlling 2 pets at the same time.*5) Wanderer with a Hammer, having shouts to stifle their foes, and can summon random pets for a brief moment of time.

Shaman totems already exists, they're spirits. And the merge already exists in Soulbeast.What could be is a 1 Pet elite that can "boost" the Pet with a skill replacing pet swap.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Engineer3) Machinist- with a main hand Mace, they can create gear for them and their allies, and their new mechanic allows them to use their gears to assemble into a Battle Mech.4) Technomancer with a Great Sword, and Physical Cybrotronics abilities, and Mana that alters their Cybrotronics.*5) Med Tech with an off hand Focus, Preparation skills, along with Biomatrix mechanic for buffing them and their allies.

What does cybrotronics or biomatrix even is ? Sounds like technobabble without definition.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Thief3) Inquisitor with a Torch, Survival Skills to allude foes or buff abilities, and an Intuition mechanic that uses the initiative as a bones to combat.4) Reaver with dual Maces, summoning their Thieves Guild to aid in combat, and their Steal abilities a Counter in combat.*5) Shadow Mage with an off hand Focus, Arcane Shadow spells, and can summon a Shadow Thief to steal from a distance.

A torch would more likely goes with an Indiana Jones vibe ! Grave robbing ancient tombs with a torch to lit your way in.Axes rather maces. Mace are too heavy for a thief IMO.Shadow Mage would feel better from getting a Scepter with a trusty dagger or pistol as offhand just in case.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Elementalist3) Magus with a main hand Focus, able to cast Consecration Spells, and the ability to Sub-attune, granting the benefits of other elements, while no longer able to swap attunements.4) Rune Master with a Long Bow, able to cast Elemental Wells, and Mark the ground with elemental symbols when they attune, buffing allies and damaging foes.*5) Arcanist with an off hand Scepter, the ability use Mantras, and attune to a 5th Element "the Arcane"

There could be an elite that have you stay in your element for 10 full seconds (less with Arcane) before being allowed to switch, with a boost to each element so they all have decent DPS. Fire would get a side bonus instead of DPS has it already has DPS.Weapons they could get for their elites : Pistols, Axes, Longbow, Shortbow.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Mesmer3) Enchanter with a Short Bow, enchanting Shouts, with their Shatter Skills having new abilities, making their clones Enchantments, buffing the allies close by instead of damaging foes.4) Psionic with a main hand Pistol, Sabotage skills work like Cantrips, and they have only have one Clone at a time but can be treated as 3 clones in 1.*5) Conjurer with dual Daggers, that can Summon illusionary beasts that later turns to clones, and conjure 5 clones instead of 3, but the shatter ability only effects foes around the caster.

Even the clones could look like beasts on Conjurer.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Necromancer3) Diabolist with a Hammer, able to cast Tricks that damage foes, and can transform into a Demon Shroud.4) Death Stalker with a Rifle, Traps, and Stalking Spirits mechanics that can revive an ally or finish a foe.*5) Warlock with a off hand Shield, Glyphs, and a new mechanic that turns their life force into a Burst depending on their main hand weapon.

Reviving is already available to core necro, so it wouldn't be useful to have more of it.Death Stalker look like reskin Ranger.You don't explain what would be Demon Shroud.An other shroudless spec who turn LF into more damage.With no boon available from the new elite and better base damage.So when they're in a team buffing it, their damage are made competitively close to the top.Longbow shooting dark or bone arrows would be nice looking. More than a rifle.

@Kulvar.1239 said:At your own request :)

All the suggestion about putting a main hand only in off hand or off hand only in main hand are so unlikely I make a general statement for it.

You do know that Scepter is the only main hand weapon. I really don't see how hard it would be to make it dual wield. And making a off hand weapon dual wield is a far less stretch than making aquatic weapons for on land use. If daggers can do it so can a focus.

It's also important that core mechanics can't be altered too much or it would break all the traits related to core mechanics.

You do know that's what the elites profession mechanics are for. Anything that is currently in the game for one profession can be done with another. They've done it with Necro and Engineer this far.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Revenant-
3) Overlord with dual Scepters, able to summon minions from the mist, and Over Charge their connection to their attune legend.
4) Mist Walker with dual Pistols, the ability to use the mist offensive and defensively, and Merge Legend abilities.*5) Rift Slayer with a Great Sword, and able to cast dimensional spells, and the timely ability to open or close a dimensional gate.

Overlord summon is too close to Renegade summon. Unless they change Renegade summon to be "immaterial" and just fancy looking AoE like Holosmith (with a nerfed duration in PvP for balance). Longbow would fit and be a realistic weapon. Revenant have so few weapons anyway.

Actually Renegade Spirits are more like Ranger Spirits, Overlord would be more like Necromancer's minions. My Rift Slayer would be more in line with Holosmith where the Dimension Gate opening would boost their skills, but they would have to close the gate or take damage.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Ranger
3) Shaman with a off hand Focus, summoning Totems that buff them and their allies, and having the ability to merge into their pet, having all of their pets' abilities.
4) Warden with an off hand Shield, summoning herds and commanding nature to do their bidding, along with controlling 2 pets at the same time.*5) Wanderer with a Hammer, having shouts to stifle their foes, and can summon random pets for a brief moment of time.

Shaman totems already exists, they're spirits. And the merge already exists in Soulbeast.What could be is a 1 Pet elite that can "boost" the Pet with a skill replacing pet swap.

Shaman Totems would be way different than Ranger Spirits I didn't put it in this post, but the totem would boost the transformation durations while in its radius. And unlike Soulbeast, where you stay a person and take on some pet abilities, here you become the pet and have more animal abilities while transformed.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Engineer
3) Machinist- with a main hand Mace, they can create gear for them and their allies, and their new mechanic allows them to use their gears to assemble into a Battle Mech.
4) Technomancer with a Great Sword, and Physical Cybrotronics abilities, and Mana that alters their Cybrotronics.*5) Med Tech with an off hand Focus, Preparation skills, along with Biomatrix mechanic for buffing them and their allies.

What does cybrotronics or biomatrix even is ? Sounds like technobabble without definition.

Lol... I'm sorry, but both of those is a real things but one, although has been in Scifi for decades, I played around with the spelling. Cyber or Cybrotronics is the using computer and robotics to do tasks. Biomatrix is the use of technology medicine.

3) Inquisitor with a Torch, Survival Skills to allude foes or buff abilities, and an Intuition mechanic that uses the initiative as a bones to combat.
4) Reaver with dual Maces, summoning their Thieves Guild to aid in combat, and their Steal abilities a Counter in combat.*5) Shadow Mage with an off hand Focus, Arcane Shadow spells, and can summon a Shadow Thief to steal from a distance.

A torch would more likely goes with an Indiana Jones vibe ! Grave robbing ancient tombs with a torch to lit your way in.I'm glad that thought came to mind. Another would be an old fashion medieval detective.Axes rather maces. Mace are too heavy for a thief IMO.I like maces because it reminds me of the old medieval thugs with their blackjacks or the bruiser type. Or you can think of Marvel's Daredevil. Axes aren't bad either, but I would love to see maces use by thief the way Axes are used by Rangers.Shadow Mage would feel better from getting a Scepter with a trusty dagger or pistol as offhand just in case.

I can see that, but I think Focus off hand is more fitting, especially if you want Thieves to have a main hand Sword. Sword and focus is more appealing than Scepter and Dagger or Pistol.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Elementalist

There could be an elite that have you stay in your element for 10 full seconds (less with Arcane) before being allowed to switch, with a boost to each element so they all have decent DPS. Fire would get a side bonus instead of DPS has it already has DPS.Weapons they could get for their elites : Pistols, Axes, Longbow, Shortbow.

I think pistols are a terrible idea for an Elementalist.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Mesmer
3) Enchanter with a Short Bow, enchanting Shouts, with their Shatter Skills having new abilities, making their clones Enchantments, buffing the allies close by instead of damaging foes.
4) Psionic with a main hand Pistol, Sabotage skills work like Cantrips, and they have only have one Clone at a time but can be treated as 3 clones in 1.*5) Conjurer with dual Daggers, that can Summon illusionary beasts that later turns to clones, and conjure 5 clones instead of 3, but the shatter ability only effects foes around the caster.

Even the clones could look like beasts on Conjurer.

Yeah, I was just going with the current idea they have with Phantasms, but I think summoning Illusions of something that's not the player would be cooler.

@VocalThought.9835 said:Necromancer
3) Diabolist with a Hammer, able to cast Tricks that damage foes, and can transform into a Demon Shroud.
4) Death Stalker with a Rifle, Traps, and Stalking Spirits mechanics that can revive an ally or finish a foe.*5) Warlock with a off hand Shield, Glyphs, and a new mechanic that turns their life force into a Burst depending on their main hand weapon.

Reviving is already available to core necro, so it wouldn't be useful to have more of it.Your right, I was thinking more so about having a distant finisher like Scrappers. Maybe I could put more thought into that mechanic.Death Stalker look like reskin Ranger.I would say so. The Necro version of Ranger.You don't explain what would be Demon Shroud.I didn't explain too much simply because I have an idea, but not a full concept. I read another post where some mentioned the idea of having a Demon over your shoulder, almost like revenant's legends talking to ya. I would say I have more of a visual idea than a mechanical one. Maybe you can help flush it out.An other shroudless spec who turn LF into more damage.With no boon available from the new elite and better base damage.So when they're in a team buffing it, their damage are made competitively close to the top.Longbow shooting dark or bone arrows would be nice looking. More than a rifle.I was initially thinking Longbow, but after looking at my ideas I had for the other scholar professions, I thought having a slower range weapon would be creaper, plus it's was a toss up between Mesmer and Necro. I felt that Mesmer getting short Bow with the Enchanter vibe would be better and gave Necro rifle because I can see them pulling it off. I'm thinking Ghost Rider from Marvel's Comics, shooting hellfire or skulls out the barrel.I really appreciated your feedback back.??

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@zealex.9410 said:I speculate that we gonna see some more STATE_SERVER_WAIT action when thr expac drops.

As for elite specs idc so long as mesmer and guard get land spears or land spear and longbow respectively.

I don't know if they're gonna change their current weapon system with having aquatic weapons on land. I personally don't see a need for that, BTW, Guardian already has longbow, respectively speaking.

oops, fixed the order.

For elementalist, I could get behind some kind of spellslinger elite. Grant them the ability to dual wield pistols, their mechanic could be something like when you attune to an element you also charge a shell with an element. Charge up two shells and you can buff your next ability with an added effect or grants you a new ability linked to F5 depending on if the shells are the same element (fire+fire), opposing elements (fire+water) or any other(fire+air/earth). Could be the weapons specialize in moving between mid range and close range with mobility and traps.

(Spoiler!)

I do like the hint in the storyline "hidden arcana" when you are waiting outside while the magister teaches class. She lists the elder dragons and says their research shows there is an as of yet unconfirmed elder dragon of the deep oceans.

I would very much like water content of all varieties as I live in the desert IRL lol.

Boats, underwater mounts, fishing, all of it.

@Skiravor.1257 said:I would very much like water content of all varieties as I live in the desert IRL lol.Boats, underwater mounts, fishing, all of it.

Actually underwater is the worst part of content. Noone likes Aquatic Ruins fractal, for example. Except you, may be.3-dimesional combat is something not comfortable with mouse+keyboard setup.It is good to have underwater for diversity, but making it the main content? No, pls.I would accept ABOVEwater, islands, ships, etc. But not UNDERwater

• 1 month later...

@"Skiravor.1257" said:(Spoiler!)

I do like the hint in the storyline "hidden arcana" when you are waiting outside while the magister teaches class. She lists the elder dragons and says their research shows there is an as of yet unconfirmed elder dragon of the deep oceans.

I would very much like water content of all varieties as I live in the desert IRL lol.

Boats, underwater mounts, fishing, all of it.

I really hope they add more water content and new races.