Bug: Tower Down [Merged]

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bug still exists as of 2/12/2020... took me an hour to get through but this works - start the instance, don't talk to Tonn. Clear every monster ESPECIALLY THE ONES STUCK IN THE BASE OF THE TOWERS, then talk to tonn and follow through to completion.

Reason for bug (I think) - there are some monsters that spawn inside of the base of the tower that you can't see. If the tower explodes before they are killed Tonn will not move from tower 2.

Cheers :)

• 1 month later...

March 23rd 2020, bug persists. Rather than try the lengthy solution of killing everything first, I tried the method first posted by Roshtaak.3129:Started the dialog with Tonn, immediately ran through all bats, spiders, bugs and Risen until reaching first base. (I had to Benny Hill a few Risen in circles round the base of the tower before Tonn appeared, but appear he did and dutifully blew it up.Still ignoring all the Risen and/or Krait, I ran straight to the second tower. Tonn appeared almost instantaneously this time. I left him setting the charges and laughing at his own jokes while I ran the gauntlet back along the beach and through the caves.I then tried to avoid combat on the last slope, getting to the third tower, (failing miserably) but noticed as I got closer to the tower that Tonn had re-appeared again and was trying out new material (it was still bad, he should definitely stick to demolitions.) As soon as the last tower was down, the last phase triggered and three minutes later when the last wave (concluding with the pair of Krait from the water) was cleared, Tonn finally got serious and the scenario was complete! At. Long. Last.Roughly five minutes in all...

i know a way to do it but they really should fix it though: Before talking to Tonn at the start of instance go kill skelks and bats, clear both ways of risen and towers of course, after that talk to Tonn and don't wait for dolyak, go to 1st place, kill risen in return, than go to 2nd place, don't let kraits go near 4th tower when defending beach and that's it :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm stuck on this exact thing. Tonn came with me to Towers 1 & 2 and then stayed at tower 2 for no reason. I've tried everything I can think of to get him to follow me but he simply won't come to tower 3. I've cleared the entire mission map of enemies and he's just standing idly at tower 2. This is absurd--I can see that this thread goes all the way back to 2018. It's April 2020! The exact same problem is persisting and I can't progress in my character's story. Very disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also stuck on this bug. I bought this game when it first came out and I bought the expansions last month.I just don't understand how a game breaking bug can persist like this for over 2 years after being reported...

EDIT: I just tried Taikanaru.5746's method of killing every mob I could fin in the cave and at the 3 sites before talking to Tann the first time and it worked for me to get through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I get that there is a specific 'way' to complete the quest. But a questbreaking bug being in the game for so long and the solution being 'well, there's a way around the break if you look it up online' instead of patching it is an awfully lazy way of dealing with the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed this yesterday, took 12 attempts, not sure if i did anything different but on the last attempt i did not clear all the mobs just let the scene unfold as normal BUT i stayed with Tonn all the time (switched to range attacks with riffle only - im a scrapper), stuck to him like glue and only moved once each set of mobs were dead.

Be safe

I ran into this same bug so what I did is cleared the entire map first so everything was dead. Then I talked to Tonn, then ran to the 1st tower, once he started his bomb dialog I ran to the 2nd, and the same thing, then the 3rd and it worked like a charm. No issue.

I didn't try just speed running the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tower so it might work as well.

• 2 months later...

Wow.. why won't the developers not fix this bug? I was doing the quest and Tonn stopped approaching the FIRST TOWER for me. All I could do is "Greet."Story quest is not even that quick and it is so hard to play the same quest because of BUG for so many times. Me and my gf are seriously considering of not playing this anymore if we will have to suffer the same for upcoming quests too.I was utterly disappointed that ArenaNet did not fix the bug but just told the players to follow a guide to finish the quest.It would be great if this was to be fixed asap

For what it's worth to those who still have issues with this instance;

I can clear this instance 100% of the time by employing this tactic. Run AHEAD of Tonn and the group, idle at the first tower til Tonn says it's about to blow, then head to the second one and do the same. Then, instead of doubling back into the caves, run around the lake's edge to the third tower. DON'T KILL ANYTHING until the 3rd tower. It clears it 100% of the time and is a lot faster than how you're "supposed" to run the instance. I've found killing anything before the third tower WILL bug it.

Others have ways that work for them, this one works for me every single time. I've done personal story on about 60+ characters so far, all of them clearing this instance with this tactic.