Keybinds by Zefrost - THE best controller configuration using steam

Ruufio.1496

These were designed using an Xbox 360 controller but I would imagine they should work for any identical controller.This is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/LWhcef1

Search in steam configs for "Keybinds By Zefrost"https://imgur.com/Nqvw1OjYou MUST use the keybinds in the image provided or this will not work.

If anyone has any issues, please let me know. I playtested as much as I could and intentionally tried to break the keybinds as well. I managed to break some things and fix those issues. I have not had any problems in a long while but it may be possible that I missed something. I've spent a huge chunk of time (100+ hours) perfecting these keybinds. Anyone interested in using push to talk: if you use a hold push then binding push to talk to shift and holding left stick click should work. If you use a toggle press then you'll have to unbind about face in game and use left stick click. Anyone that knows what they're doing can possibly try a different bind.

For reference:

Right TriggerLeft Click / Skill 1

Left Trigger (Hold)RSclick=Special ActionRSleft=Skill 2RSdown=Skill 3RSright=Skill 4RSup=Skill 5You can also activate a turbo left moue click by first holding right trigger and then holding left trigger. This is handy for cleaning bags. (This does not give any unfair advantage) Also, letting go of left trigger will cause right trigger (left click) to no longer be active so be wary of that if auto attacking.

Left Bumper (Hold)RSclick=Profession skill 1RSleft=Profession skill 2RSdown=Profession skill 3RSright=Profession skill 4RSup=Profession skill 5

Right Bumper (Hold)RSclick=Heal skillRSleft=Utility skill 1RSdown=Utility skill 2RSright=Utility skill 3RSup=Elite skill

Left Bumper + Right Bumper(Press)Toggle Action Camera

X(Press)Interact / Mount Ability 2

A(Press)Jump / Swim Up(HoldLSclick)Swim Down

B(Press)Dodge / Mount Ability 1

Y(Press)Weapon Swap(Hold)Stow Weapon(HoldLSclick)Pet ToggleThe Y button also defaults everything so if anything messes up for some reason (it shouldn't) just press Y.

DPad Left(Press)Previous Target(Hold)Take Target

DPad Right(Press)Next Target(Hold)Call Target

DPad UpScroll Up / Zoom In

DPad DownScroll Down / Zoom Out

Left Stick (Movement)(Press)About Face(Hold)Snapground TargettingHold is also Shift. Allows you to ping map and link items.

Right Stick (Camera)(Press)Right Click(Hold)Look BehindHold is also Alt. Allows you to place personal waypoint and split stacks.

Left Stick + Right StickHold left click then right click = Auto Run

Start(Press)Enter(Hold)User Interface (moving left stick)(2xPressHold)Mount Menu (moving left stick)

Select(Press)Escape(Hold)Squad Markers (moving right stick)(2xPressHold)Spare Radial (moving right stick)If you know what you're doing, you can add anything you want into the spare radial menu.

Everything to do with the keybinds is intentional (unless it messes up somehow). For example, vertical mouse movement is less sensitive so that ground target skills do not become impossible to place manually. Left bumper and right bumper become deactivated after activating a skill with a slight camera pause so that the camera doesn't veer off in any direction. This does not happen with left trigger because those keybinds have skills that require being continually pressed (trebuchet movement for example). Shift (left stick click) is instant because it was possible to do so. Alt (right stick click) has a slight delay before activating because it causes problems otherwise. Radial menus linger a little while after activating so that you do not interrupt auto run accidentally.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Llethander.3972 said:This is pretty darn awesome. Glad I stumbled across it. Gonna take a while to get used to it but really enjoying it.

Glad someone found it :)

I may make a video and edit the steam post or something. I feel like I can possibly make things a little easier to understand from a glance so that no one passes by. I've been becoming less active but it would be a shame to let the keybinds die considering how many hours I put into them. You really wont find better keybinds. If anything is causing issues let me know. Enjoy. :)

• 11 months later...

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Llethander.3972 said:This is pretty darn awesome. Glad I stumbled across it. Gonna take a while to get used to it but really enjoying it.

Glad someone found it :)

I may make a video and edit the steam post or something. I feel like I can possibly make things a little easier to understand from a glance so that no one passes by. I've been becoming less active but it would be a shame to let the keybinds die considering how many hours I put into them. You really wont find better keybinds. If anything is causing issues let me know. Enjoy. :)

From what I've used of it, still holds up great even a year later. Sometimes I find myself having to refer to this page because I can't remember a particular bind but that's usually only because I've got a terrible memory, haha.

• 4 months later...

Might be a long shot but would you be willing to re-upload your configuration to Steam? Really having trouble trying to do it myself with a PS4 controller. Thought it would be cool to play this on a controller.

Edit: For anyone interested, I've uploaded my own keybinds to Steam using OP's layout as a base.

Been playing on a controller since October 2020, it's an absolute blast!

Edited by Erratic.3196
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 9/22/2020 at 10:09 AM, Erratic.3196 said:

Might be a long shot but would you be willing to re-upload your configuration to Steam? Really having trouble trying to do it myself with a PS4 controller. Thought it would be cool to play this on a controller.

Edit: For anyone interested, I've uploaded my own keybinds to Steam using OP's layout as a base.

Been playing on a controller since October 2020, it's an absolute blast!

Hey man I was just wondering how I'm able to access it? I've tried browsing controller configs but it won't let me unfortunately.

Is there anyway you're able to link it? 🙂