Weaver or Tempest

if you are new to elite specs, I suggest you to start with Tempest, its simple, you just overload element.Weaver is a bit different, its a bit more complicated than core and tempest, since you use a main element and secondary element and it can be confusing sometimes.

Weaver has a more difficult playstyle than tempest. Depending on content you are doing, there's advantages for either of them. Fresh air tempest is capable of high cleave AoE with Overload air ; heal tempest is one of the highest raw healing classes, whereas weaver is capable of more consistent melee range cleave.

For WvW and PvP it's a similar situation where tempest is preferred for support and weaver (sword in particular for PvP) is preferred for damage.

Just in case op didn't know this... I'd suggest fully unlocking your first elite in pof, as hero challenges are soloable there. To unlock the second elite, then go to the hot maps. If you can find HP trains in the party finder, then go for hot first, as those maps have so many hero challenges you could max out both elites with them alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing tempest heal now with Harrier stats, yet I don't do any dmg. (500-1k dps)Is Tempest worth for bit of dps? It takes me hours to kill a veteran and if I trade for more dps I'm dead instantly.I'm rather new to Elementalist, yet can heal very good now. I don't see where you get your dps out of this spec though

In openworld I like tempest with a mix of marauder&marshal, precision and power infusions, pack or fireworks runes, dagger/wh with accuracy and energy, fire, earth traits.ORweaver, fire/air, full marauder, pack runes, accuracy and energy, sword/daggerDepending on mood. Both work (for me)In wvw, it is either full marauder, fire/air staff weaver or full minstrel heal/cleanse tempest.

@Xyroxis.2509 said:I'm playing tempest heal now with Harrier stats, yet I don't do any dmg. (500-1k dps)Is Tempest worth for bit of dps? It takes me hours to kill a veteran and if I trade for more dps I'm dead instantly.I'm rather new to Elementalist, yet can heal very good now. I don't see where you get your dps out of this spec though

You ont get dps with healing set, simple as that. You play berserker or viper and you get your damage, just like with every other class or elite spec (except druid since it's fully focused on supporting).

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:In openworld I like tempest with a mix of marauder&marshal, precision and power infusions, pack or fireworks runes, dagger/wh with accuracy and energy, fire, earth traits.

I wouldnt suggest using earth spec for any power build on ele, it's too focused on conditions and some defense (that you can get elsewhere) making it worthless. Fresh air on power tempest is just too good (and whole air spec on any power ele).

I agree with the rest :+1:

@steki.1478 said:

@Xyroxis.2509 said:I'm playing tempest heal now with Harrier stats, yet I don't do any dmg. (500-1k dps)Is Tempest worth for bit of dps? It takes me hours to kill a veteran and if I trade for more dps I'm dead instantly.I'm rather new to Elementalist, yet can heal very good now. I don't see where you get your dps out of this spec though

You ont get dps with healing set, simple as that. You play berserker or viper and you get your damage, just like with every other class or elite spec (except druid since it's fully focused on supporting).

I have tried with a berserker set (ascended, build and gear from snowcrows) and had a very hard time getting even to 10-15k with a tempest build. I'm wondering if weaver is the only viable dps spec for Ele

@steki.1478 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:In openworld I like tempest with a mix of marauder&marshal, precision and power infusions, pack or fireworks runes, dagger/wh with accuracy and energy, fire, earth traits.

I wouldnt suggest using earth spec for any power build on ele, it's too focused on conditions and some defense (that you can get elsewhere) making it worthless. Fresh air on power tempest is just too good (and whole air spec on any power ele).

I agree with the rest :+1:

it is something I am trying at the moment - and it works. FOR ME. It might not work for others and that is fine. And yes, fresh air tempest on a power build is really, really nice. But sometimes I do not want really really nice, I want to try out stuff ;)

@Xyroxis.2509 said:

I have tried with a berserker set (ascended, build and gear from snowcrows) and had a very hard time getting even to 10-15k with a tempest build. I'm wondering if weaver is the only viable dps spec for Ele

I may not have been doing it right, but I was never able to do that kind of damage on tempest in open world outside of larger groups. On weaver I can solo even tough champions while dealing that kind of damage. Tempest seems more like a group-oriented spec in whatever it does, but I was pretty new when I played it. I might have been doing it wrong.

@Xyroxis.2509 said:

10-15k with what setup? On golem with buffs/debuffs? Solo in open world? What build and rotations?

Both tempest and weaver are strong dps options. Weaver just has higher potential dps, but tempest still has its moments where it's better (which is unorganized/bad groups due to range, protection, stability and stun breaks, as well as some small sustain with water spec).

• 2 years later...

For me personally, Tempest and Weaver are pretty much on a pedestal. Tempest is definitely easier to play and Weaver is harder but both of them do around an equal amount of damage. I personally use Condi built for both of them. Perhaps you might want to look into that?

2 hours ago, The Ghost.3087 said:

For me personally, Tempest and Weaver are pretty much on a pedestal. Tempest is definitely easier to play and Weaver is harder but both of them do around an equal amount of damage. I personally use Condi built for both of them. Perhaps you might want to look into that?

Easy there, bud.  This ain't the necro forum...

• Haha 1

Marshall stats feel so great on Tempest. Its crazy its never mentioned in “Guides”. I personally run my ascended trinkets all celestial so I only need one for all the builds. Not meta-optimal for power weaver T4 fractals but still works.

The big issue with Marshall is that you must be an active healer. Dont sit on Water attunement, but change between all 4, overload and move to the next one. Return to water for heals. You will do very solid damage, while also healing really nicely. The third trait I use is arcane but can be changed for Earth or Fire no problem.

This build works great for solo content as well.

Edited by William.3871

On 6/20/2022 at 9:14 AM, William.3871 said:

Marshall stats feel so great on Tempest. Its crazy its never mentioned in “Guides”. I personally run my ascended trinkets all celestial so I only need one for all the builds. Not meta-optimal for power weaver T4 fractals but still works.

The big issue with Marshall is that you must be an active healer. Dont sit on Water attunement, but change between all 4, overload and move to the next one. Return to water for heals. You will do very solid damage, while also healing really nicely. The third trait I use is arcane but can be changed for Earth or Fire no problem.

This build works great for solo content as well.

Marshal? Is that a good build for Tempest? More info please, and I would like a link to check it if it is. Totally agree with you on the switching between elements. However, I believe that healing isn't that great though on Tempest that is. Unless you use the overload.

On 6/20/2022 at 8:58 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Easy there, bud.  This ain't the necro forum...

What do you mean? I don't get it.

1 hour ago, The Ghost.3087 said:

Marshal? Is that a good build for Tempest? More info please, and I would like a link to check it if it is. Totally agree with you on the switching between elements. However, I believe that healing isn't that great though on Tempest that is. Unless you use the overload.

What do you mean? I don't get it.

You brought a 2 year old thread back from the dead. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1