Revert Deflecting Shot to 0.28 seconds.

Tiale.2430

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:It doesn't need to be .25s but .75 is so stupid when you look at engi rifle 4 or ranger lb 4 which both have .5s cast times.

Not only does it have a slow projectile which is easy enough to react to, it's also an AIMED skill. Its already easy enough to counter strafe auto lock projectiles. Avoiding an aimed skill with a .75s cast time and slow projectile is so easy that it literally happens naturally without thought because people never walk in straight predictable paths long enough.

Lower cast time, .5s, maybe faster projectile. Very easy fix

pbs and overcharged are also single target, they dont destroy projectiles and dont blind

And yet no good player would willingly choose DS over PBS or OS if they had the choice. None of those benefits are relevant when the skill is so hilariously easy to avoid in the first place.

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:It doesn't need to be .25s but .75 is so stupid when you look at engi rifle 4 or ranger lb 4 which both have .5s cast times.

Not only does it have a slow projectile which is easy enough to react to, it's also an AIMED skill. Its already easy enough to counter strafe auto lock projectiles. Avoiding an aimed skill with a .75s cast time and slow projectile is so easy that it literally happens naturally without thought because people never walk in straight predictable paths long enough.

pbs and overcharged are also single target, they dont destroy projectiles and dont blind

And yet no good player would willingly choose DS over PBS or OS if they had the choice. None of those benefits are relevant when the skill is so hilariously easy to avoid in the first place.

and if you brink the speed and casttime to pbs/overcharged it will be better version of those skills lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

and if you brink the speed and casttime to pbs/overcharged it will be better version of those skills lol

Yeah because back when DS had comparable/worst better cast time to Overcharged Shot/Point Blank Shot it was such a huge issue right? Do you remember ALL those people complaining about Deflecting Shot and DH Longbow? /sarcasm

DS being manually aimed IS the counter balance. The fact that you can avoid it by counter strafing and not having to waste a dodge IS the counterbalance. None of those things change with my proposals.

Also find it hilarious that you're so afraid of DS being potentially better than PBS. It's not like 4/5 or even 5/5 of ranger LB skills are already superior to DH LB skills lol

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:

Yeah because back when DS had comparable/
worst
better cast time to Overcharged Shot/Point Blank Shot it was such a huge issue right? Do you remember ALL those people complaining about Deflecting Shot and DH Longbow? /sarcasm

DS being manually aimed IS the counter balance. The fact that you can avoid it by counter strafing and not having to waste a dodge IS the counterbalance. None of those things change with my proposals.

Also find it hilarious that you're so afraid of DS being potentially better than PBS. It's not like 4/5 or even 5/5 of ranger LB skills are already superior to DH LB skills lol

being strafable didnt stop balance team from nerfing staff ambush, why would they take exceptions to guard? dont answer that, I know why would they do that.DS being manually aimed is an ADVANTAGE not the other way around.Buffing class with one of the best winrates in the games 4Head, what do you give up for the buff mate?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Yeah because back when DS had comparable/
worst
better cast time to Overcharged Shot/Point Blank Shot it was such a huge issue right? Do you remember ALL those people complaining about Deflecting Shot and DH Longbow? /sarcasm

being strafable didnt stop balance team from nerfing staff ambush, why would they take exceptions to guard? dont answer that, I know why would they do that.They shouldn't do an exception. Staff nerf is equally stupid.

DS being manually aimed is an ADVANTAGE not the other way around.No, it really isn't. It's a necessity because of slow projectile but relative to PBS/OS it is far from an advantage. I shouldn't need to explain how having your targetting decided before the cast versus skills that track throughout the cast is a disadvantage against fluctuating and unpredictable movement, especially when combined with a larger cast time.

Buffing class with one of the best winrates in the games 4Head, what do you give up for the buff mate?If you are going to try and cite cmc's comments as proof of DH opness then at least be honest and try to provide context. You are paraphrasing cmc who specifically suggested that winrate is NOT always relevant. He used the example of DH as being proof of this as it has a high winrate but almost universally agreed to be NOT OP. If the only thing you got out of that was "DH OVERPERFORMING" then you are doing some big mental gymnastics bud

Like others said, DS its a ground target skill that has a small chance to hit in all situations like Point Blank. The blind is something that is not useful that can be removed. The Damage and Damage % when destroy projectiles were removed too.

Its just the casting time and travel speed was a bit of too much nerf, I could give up the blind for this casting time so easy.

I'll not argue about make it hit only 1 target and remove the ground target, because this would make it so easy.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Tiale.2430" said:The gameplay of this skill has dropped considerably. Please return the casting value and projectile speed to recover the gameplay along with the combos/interrupts.

CMC that skills like that have to have counter play hence why their wind ups are very very likely to stay where they are.

Instant CC or CC that sits at or barely above human reaction time shouldn't be a thing.

Both ranger and engi have ranged instant CC (also Dead Eye). Where is the counter play there? Should not engi rifle CC and ranger bow CC also have 0.75 cast time plus travel time? And before someone says "AOE" it rarely ever hits more than 1 person. And if that is the reason, I would be happy that DS become single target and instant, just like ranger bow.

I do not know which is it, CMC does know what the kitten he is doing or making arbitrary changes that are biased. I do not see a third option.You are quite right these skills should get the touch some cast time, better animation, since all shots look the same. I remember one patch where they put cc skills on 3/4 cast time, but they forgot some and then they forgot they did that and why they did that and now we have some classes with baseline 3/4 cast time cc on melee and others instant range cc.Arenanet consistently inconsistent.

DS wasn't a problem pre-patch, it had maybe 10% chance to hit, now less at close range but ok for trolling downed body in team fight, being fast cast didn't help pre-patch as I've seen DH's miss my downed body, and I've achieved the same, now the skill is so slow the enemies are usually 180 degrees the other direction before the skill fires, but skill for skill longbow loses in range/cast time/damage to ranger longbow, besides rangers more/better/passive toughness invulns, 10x more unblockables, access to quickness, oh and a pet somewhere in that mess, power DH is a dead spec, we may as well all play condi firebrand with condi on CC, more party heals, party quickness, more party blocks, and more condi spam.

@avey.4201 said:DS wasn't a problem pre-patch, it had maybe 10% chance to hit, now less at close range but ok for trolling downed body in team fight, being fast cast didn't help pre-patch as I've seen DH's miss my downed body, and I've achieved the same, now the skill is so slow the enemies are usually 180 degrees the other direction before the skill fires, but skill for skill longbow loses in range/cast time/damage to ranger longbow, besides rangers more/better/passive toughness invulns, 10x more unblockables, access to quickness, oh and a pet somewhere in that mess, power DH is a dead spec, we may as well all play condi firebrand with condi on CC, more party heals, party quickness, more party blocks, and more condi spam.

Meanwhile I still land 90% of my DS with increased casttime. DH definetly isn't dead, it has Higher burst dmg then prepatch, just less sustained dmg.

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest I am quite happy to not face the "old deflecting shot" anymore. Unblockable CC that blinds you, destroys your projectiles, can be fired backwards and nearly undodgeable (due to low cast time and nearly invisible animation) was annoying as hell.

But there is no doubt this skill has been brought to a nearly useless state, and something has to be done. I think it would be a nice thing if it was "autoguided" and, instead of pushing back, it was pulling ennemies. That would increase the fluidity and reduce the "clunkiness" of dh, whose longbow hardly combines with other weapons.