[Suggestion] Spellhunter Elite Specialization

JohnWater.5760

Spellhunter Elite Specialization

"After studying in different regions of Tyria and Elona, the elementalist got to know new cultures and adapted to new ways of living. They have acquired knowledge to channel elemental avatars and become stronger, but for that they need to focus on just one element. With a longbow in hand, their new profession mechanic allows them to accumulate elemental force to become a elemental avatar."This mechanic is a mixture of Berserker and Druid.

Elite spec mechanic:

AvatarAll avatars use a staff with unique skins,Each avatar has a different role and a passive ability that can be activated by a trait, such as pulsing boons for Reaper's Shroud.these abilities are discrebed bellow.There are glyph skills on utilities just to fill it.

Fire - Sunlight Avatar

"Living somewhere in the desert and studying at the Kormir library, they learned how to convert their power into healing power then channeling their fire into sacred light for healing, being a lightbringer. When facing enemies, Lightbringers are the hottest sunlight that purges evil while in front of allies, they are kindest light of dawn that brings hope."Reference

9WhXgTI.jpg

Role: HealerAbilty: Convert Power into Healing Power

1. Light of SmitingFires light's spheres at the target.

2. Flame StrikeThe Sacred flames fall from above, rapidly healing allies and then blasting foes in the area. Deal more damage to burning foes.(Animation similiar to the Guardian Staff 2.)

3. Angel's AidFlies to the target location healing and applying swiftness to nearby allies.(Animation similiar to the Dragon Hunter F2.)

4. Holy PrismFires a beam of light that scatters to strike a clump of targets. It deals damage and radiates healing for nearby allies.(Animation similiar to the Druid Staff's Auto-Attack. The beam will spread after 1/2 sec)

5. Light PulseThe divine light pulses and blinds nearby foes, applies Light Aura and heals allies.(Animation similiar to the Revenant Staff 4.)

Water - Frost Avatar

"Living in Far Shiverpeaks and studying at the Eye of the North, they learned how to use the cold as main power, being a Frostweaver.Cold is the enemie of commoners but most loyalfriend of a Frostweaver. Ice and Frost are not only their weapon but also their shield."Reference

kZP8pgB.jpg

Role: DpsAbilty: Receive +200 Power and +200 Vitality

1. Frozen SphereFires at the target three times. Applies Vunerabilty.(Animation similiar to the Guardian Staff's Auto-Attack.)

2. IcicleCharge up energy, creating a powerful Icicle that pierces through enemies.

3. Ring of FrostBlast the targeted area, It deals damage and immobilize foes.

4. FrostboltLaunches a frostbolt at the foe, chilling foe.

5. Ice SpikeBestowns the essence of frost to summon an Ice Spike at the target location, chilling and dealing damage to nearby foes.

Air - Gale Avatar

"Living with and helping the Zephyrites at the Dry Top, they learned more about the air magic stored in crystals, now they can focus entirely on air magic and be an airbender.After the start of a battle, airbenders often swiftly summon the power of wild spirits, then unleash a series of wild, consecutive strikes to destroy the enemy"Reference

93w2zj3.jpg

Role: DpsAbilty: Enhanced dogde. Evade attacks and hurl damaging air blades, dealing multiple damage to enemies

1. Seed of WindSend out a Air bullet that damages foes.(The projectil has an animation similiar to the Death Shroud's Auto-Attack.)

2. GaleCall forth the streght of the wind and strike the foe.(The projectil has an animation similiar to the Elementalist Scepter 3.)

3. Wind WalkBecomes stealthy, gains swiftness, the next attack deals critical damage.

4. Tornado ShockSummons a tornado at the location, it deals damage and pull nearby foes.(Animation similiar to the Earth Glyph Storm but fast and works like Mesmer Focus 4.

5. Ring of TempestSummons a electric field that deals damage and applies swiftness and fury to allies.

Earth - Mountain Avatar

"Living in the village of Atholma in Sandswept Isles, they learned how to endure yourself and become a Earth Walker. They accumulated lots of experience through hunting with the Olmakhan. They specialize in close-quarter fights and are particularly good at unexpected encounters."Reference

rqnm6Qz.jpg

Role: TankAbilty: Gain a huge toughness and barrier based on damage

1. Staff StrikeStrike your enemies with your staff applying bleed.(Animation similiar to the Revenant Staff's Auto-Attack.)

2. Cliff ThrustHurls the strength of the cliffs to strike the foe and applies bleed.(Animation similiar to the Daredevil Staff 4 and an effect like Elementalist Dagger Auto-Attack.)

3. Savage WhirlwindWhirl your staff around, striking nearby enemies and blocking projectiles.(Animation similiar to the Revenant Staff 3.)

4. Shattering SwipeSmash the Staff in front of you dealing damage to the target and nearby foes receives half damage. Applies Bleed.(Animation similiar to the Daredevil Staff 2 and an effect like Elementalist Dagger 2.)

5. Stone ChainLaunch a chain at your target and at foes around your target. When the chain connects with a foe, it slows and taunts them. You take less damage from taunted foes.(Animation similiar to the Revenant Dwarf Skill.)

Weapon skills:

Fire Attunement

• Flame Arrow - Fire an arrow that bounces between nearby foes and deals increased damage to burning enemies.
  • 2 - Shot creating a powerful attack which impacts an area blasting enemies.

• 3 - Fire a spread of five burning arrows in an evasive retreat. Gain Vigor when it hits an enemy.

• 4 - Fire a slow, arcing arrow which explodes on impact and pulse heat waves to burn targets.

• 5 - Fire a flaming shot into the ground that creates a fire field.

Water Attunement

• Frost Arrow - Release an arrow that shatters upon striking, inflicting vulnerability on nearby foes.
  • 2 - Charge up energy, creating a powerful attack which impacts an area chilling enemies.

• 3 - Damage foes with a spread of icy arrows that cause vulnerability.

• 4 - Leap away from your foe and blast the area.

• 5 - Barrage the target area with a hail of arrows that chill foes and heal allies.

Air Attunement

• Sparkling Arrow - Fire an arrow which can bounce to the enemies behind your target
  • 2 - Fire multiple arrows at your foe. Arrow can bounce to the enemies behind your target, making them vulnerable if an arrow hits a second target.

• 3 - Stun your foe with an arrow. Gain fury when it hits an enemy.

• 4 - Push back your foe with a point-blank shot. The closer they are, the farther it pushes them back.

• 5 - Fire a lightning shot into the ground that creates a trail of lightning destruction.

Earth Attunement

• Hard Arrow - Fire an arrow which can pierces enemies.
  • 2 - Charge up energy, creating a powerful attack which pierces through enemies. Inflict 5 stacks of Bleed.

• 3 - Daze your foe with a stone arrow. Gain Protection when it hits an enemy.

• 4 - Immobilize your foe with a debilitating zone by firing a volley of stones arrows at an area.

• 5 - Barrage the target area with a hail of arrows that bleeds.

Traitline:

Minor:

• Gain access to traps, You can become a elemental avatar based on your attunement once you gain enough elemental force. Generate elemental force by damaging foes.

• Striking a foe with conditions increases their condition duration.

• Gain expertise based on a portion of your condition damage.

Adept:

• Lose a condition when you enter Avatar and every few seconds while you remain in Avatar.

• Gain increased condition damage, double effect if using a Longbow. When entering combat your first attack cripples.

• Gain pulsating boons based on your attunement while in Elemental Avatar. (Vigor, Retaliation, Swiftness or Protection)

Major:

• When your health drops below the threshold envelop yourself in a Spike Armor. Gain heal and retaliation.

• Boons and conditions caused by traps last longer. Traps recharge faster and offensive ones cause cripple.

• Deal increased damage while in Avatar mode. Deal bonus damage based on your distance to the enemy. (5% / 10%)

Grandmaster:

• Chill deals damage over time.

• Strike around you when entering Avatar. Active a passive effect for each attunement while in Avatar.

• Grant an aura based on your attunement when you critically hit an enemy.

Utility skills:

Traps gives boons to you when triggered.

Water TrapPlace a trap that grants regeneration and cures conditions on allies. (Regeneration)

Stone TrapLay a trap that creates a ring of stones that punishes enemies that attempt to cross their threshold. (Vigor)

Blaze TrapSet a trap that pulses burn on foes when triggered. (Might)

Frost TrapSet a trap that immobilize and chills foes. (Retaliation)

Wind TrapSet a trap that applies Vulnerability and Floats foes. (Fury)

Thunder TrapLay a trap that deals continuos damage. (Quickness)

I will leave it up to Anet to fill in the numbers to balancing it all out.Any critics are welcome within reason, i want to tweak it to fit the game more but i do want to keep it in line of the concept.

Hey John, I really love the effort put into this. I particularly love the flipping of support/damage between fire and water attunements which is something I've been craving for years now. The concept of avatars is a really awesome one - i'd love to be able to channel some of the Djinn magic that we've come to see.

I really like the idea of focusing in 1 element for an amount of time, and I appreciate the dedication you put in this.It reminds me of conjure weapons but enhanced, if this becomes a new spec, I feel that conjure weapons will become obsolet.If the glyphs moved to arcane, what about arcane skills? They will be moving to air?The glyphs will have the same effects as the actual elemental glyphs but enhanced or it will have different effects while in different attunement?

It's a really good idea for elementalist! Good Job!

@FrozenEve.6875 said:Hey John, I really love the effort put into this...

Thank you,Yes, I know some ppl likes flipping between support and damage, that's why I putted a Lightbringer concept for Fire Avatar, so you still can flip support/damage.I'd love some Djinn concept too, but I thought it wouldn’t be something usual, since the expansion they’ve included was PoF.

@len.7809 said:I really like the idea of focusing in 1 element for an amount of time, and I appreciate the dedication you put in this.Thank you S2

It reminds me of conjure weapons but enhanced, if this becomes a new spec, I feel that conjure weapons will become obsolet.Don't think so, mainly the Hammer which has a very good CC and if so, there is two others Elite Specialization which you can use them. (Not counting with Core)

If the glyphs moved to arcane, what about arcane skills? They will be moving to air?No no, arcane and glyphs should be in Arcane, glyphs are useful for any element, they have a big CD but it gets off with the trait. For example, my Elementalist is Earth Condi I use 3 glyphs skills with a huge CD because I don’t have the air traitline.

If the glyphs moved to arcane, what about arcane skills? They will be moving to air?No no, arcane and glyphs should be in Arcane, glyphs are useful for any element, they have a big CD but it gets off with the trait. For example, my Elementalist is Earth Condi I use 3 glyphs skills with a huge CD because I don’t have the air traitline.

Signets = EarthCantrips = WaterConjure = FireArcane and Glyphs = Arcanethen what about Air ? It gets new op trait? e.e

The glyphs will have the same effects as the actual elemental glyphs but enhanced or it will have different effects while in different attunement?The glyphs will be enhanced while in Avatar.For example, Glyphs of Storm will last 2s longerThe same ability but improved in duration or damage.I didn't understand it very well, because the glyphs are already different for each element.

forget about what I said the "in different attunements", I suddenly forgot who ele's glyphs works xd

• 1 month later...

@len.7809 said:

Signets = EarthCantrips = WaterConjure = FireArcane and Glyphs = Arcanethen what about Air ? It gets new op trait? e.eChange names? Perfect!Since glyphs works with every attunement, they change stats, it should be in a trait line where every attunement can take something.Arcane already have a lot of traits that changes skills based on your attunement, the same thing as glyphs does.