Big Decision Time: Dagger or Axe? - Soul Beast Condi

extremexhero.9178

I am about 100 fractal relics from getting ascended wep, I have everything I need to get it and change to vipers except for fractals, been almost 5 days now since patch. What everyone else think? Personally I am liking stances to help out in group content so I would much rather take axe for range and rid myself of traps once and for all but I still want to put out good dps. So it is time to weigh the pros and cons; for all our sakes.

Taking Axe over dagger gives us Projectile Combo, Range, Might, longer bleed on 2nd skill, no auto chain, winter's bite(love it).

Taking Dagger over axe gives us leap(400...), quickness, poison(a lot more access), vulnerability, less likely to miss beast mode skills because of range

solo gameplay - daggerorganized group gameplay - axein general they are fairly even.the dagger can pull ahead if you actually take your time to go through the 1 chain without interrupting it for other skillshowever axe is still tossing out projectile finishers and with the amount of fire fields in organised settings it pulls ahead

edit: before the herp derps who don't understand math people start to rant againyou need to pull off 3 full dagger 1 chains - without interrupting said chains - between two double arcs to break even with axe mainhand on condition damage ticks - everything above is a bonus

@Sedlina.1097 said:solo gameplay - daggerorganized group gameplay - axein general they are fairly even.the dagger can pull ahead if you actually take your time to go through the 1 chain without interrupting it for other skillshowever axe is still tossing out projectile finishers and with the amount of fire fields in organised settings it pulls ahead

edit: before the kitten derps who don't understand math people start to rant againyou need to pull off 3 full dagger 1 chains - without interrupting said chains - between two double arcs to break even with axe mainhand on condition damage ticks - everything above is a bonus

prove it then. All the benchmarks claim dagger got them better numbers. beat them using axe. And before you mention combo fields I should inform you that Condi southeast has perma fire field while on x/torch from bonfire.

What's your secondary weapon set?

I actually run both sets, using D/T and A/D to cover both melee and mid range, or even melee with axe

Also don't forget that in Beastmode, you're the one applying Weakness on using Winter's Bite!

Really hope will consider changing Worldy Impact from leap to Blast, it'll add so much utility with torch's Bonfire

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:What's your secondary weapon set?

I actually run both sets, using D/T and A/D to cover both melee and mid range, or even melee with axe

Also don't forget that in Beastmode, you're the one applying Weakness on using Winter's Bite!

Really hope will consider changing Worldy Impact from leap to Blast, it'll add so much utility with torch's Bonfire

Shortbow. It gives you complementary range and the only thing you get from axe mainhand is splitblade as the other two skills are power damage skills.

@Zenith.7301 said:

Shortbow. It gives you complementary range and the only thing you get from axe mainhand is splitblade as the other two skills are power damage skills.

Remember, winter's bite also applies 3 stacks of bleeds!

But I get your point - I'd go D/T and SB then!

Dagger MH offers good utility vs Axe, especially if might is not an issue (shouldn't be)

This. Plus with Honed Axes and Ambidexterity, you get a CD reduction on every skill. Same goes for D/A-A/T set.

Although, the leap on the Dagger and Worldly impact will provide you with Fire Aura which is going to give you might and apply burns if you are being struck, so it may be just as good as perma 3 might.

Organised groups stack fire field alright, random pug groups usually just throw Light Fields around, so let's not count finishers here :).Not using shortbow is a real missed opportunity, Torch is the best condi weapon we have but SB is the 2nd best.Especially now with Soulbeast, SB#4 allowing yourself to do the bleeding instead of your pet, and the procs from Poison Volley in combination with Predator's Cunnning

Already had a shortbow and torch, got the dagger, put the 33% boon duration so I get16/15 seconds of quickness if I can leap> primalcry > leap. Also from poison field leap we apply weakness so taking dagger loses the projectile combo, might stacks, and chill to gain quickness, vulnerability, and leap. Played with it a bit and I think I am liking it.

• 2 years later...

If u have two elementalist with yourself, torch is out the question, Axe+Dagger+ Shortbow so you can have utilized both styles, melee range and range. Everything else at current state is garbage or unrealistical crap in my eyes. It matters also what you have with you, it never hurts to have some extra weapons in your bags.