NA 'Ruthless Legends'

Dreddo.9865

Made an acc in NA and had some PvP games along with some tourneys. Met some 'Ruthless Legends' that were dying like instantly didn't even know what button to press. Sorry if that sounds offensive but I am really curious how such people got the title.

@Koen.1327 said:this is a title from seasons ago there is many reasons to take a break and come back rustysounds like jealousy to meI could post some video because I know I may sound salty or 'jealous' but this is against the forum rules. And it wasn't just one but I have met two already. ^^

@rng.1024 said:Some people receive their titles on the back of a broken build. You can do it too, just play the FoTM. Of course they will struggle once it gets nerfed.

This.

There were a few seasons, mainly during PoF launch, where just about anyone could get top 250 despite nonexistent mechanical skill as long as they were willing to play some braindead spam build.

Release scourge is a very good example. If you went mid and pressed buttons you were automatically plat II.

Pre-nerf post-phantasm buff Chronobunker was another one. If you stood on point and pressed buttons you automatically won the point.

Probably returning players whose builds got hardcore shafted by the balance patch.

I met one of these guys too, their game sense is there, but they were taking stupid risks and overextending really really hard trying to perform some archaic skill combo.

Alot of these were Warriors and Mesmers, which isn't surprising since these two Professions got hurt the most when considering personal performance.

@Dreddo.9865 said:Made an acc in NA and had some PvP games along with some tourneys. Met some 'Ruthless Legends' that were dying like instantly didn't even know what button to press. Sorry if that sounds offensive but I am really curious how such people got the title.

My guess would be that they might have gotten the titles by playing mostly off-hour games where the skill level of players are lower.I myself have played most of my games during off-hours and despite being a relative noob at the mode, I'm sitting at ~1580 rating.Based on the current rankings, this should be enough to get me a top 250 title in NAIf I get lucky in my last few games and squeeze into Plat 2, I might even get into the top 26-100 rank which would be the equivalent of the Ruthless Legend title.

I assume you are EU so if you played during your normal EU prime hours in NA, you would be matched against mostly off-hour players where the competition is a lot weaker.Try playing during NA prime hours and the Ruthless Legends you meet will really be Ruthless Legends.

It is most likely people who took a break and came back. I got my Primordial Legend title during season 1. On the team leaderboard we were rank 6. That was a very bursty 1 shot meta. After that I took a 3 year break and came back. My class is completely changed and doesn’t play the same. So now I’m relearning the mode and learning a whole new class. So I went from a rank 6 team to struggling to stay top 250, while I relearn.

@Koen.1327 said:this is a title from seasons ago there is many reasons to take a break and come back rustysounds like jealousy to me

^ That's pretty much the sum of it.

If you don't play every season and maintain current knowledge of each patching and its meta, it can be greatly confusing to return after like a 12 month break and see that everything you once understood about spvp has completely changed.

That or @Dreddo.9865 was experiencing people's alt accounts that had ruthless legend, throwing for main accounts. Yeah, that happens a lot as well.