Fractal Weapon Cost

So I recently started to work for the fractal ascended gear and I noticed all the Fractal Research Paper (FRP) costs. I think it's cool that for the armor 4 pieces cost 12, 1 costs 16, and the last piece is 24. The stronger the piece of gear is the higher the cost, but I also noticed that every weapon is 24 pages. Am I the only one that thinks that the weapons should be like armor and change costs a bit? Like 2 handed weapons provide 2 Agony Resistance (AR) slots and are stronger can stay 24 FRP, but 1 handed weapons should only cost 12 FRP since they aren't as strong and only provide 1 AR slot. So for two 1 handed weapons it would cost the same amount as one 2 handed weapon.

Example on why I think this is reasonable...Say someone uses 2 sets of 1 handed weapons (Would need 96 FRP) and someone else uses two different 2 handed weapons (Would need 48 FRP). The person with 2 sets of 1 handed weapons would literally have to double the amount of daily grinds needed to get the stuff they wanted compared to the person who used two different 2 handed weapons.

Does anyone else have the same opinion or know the reason why this was done in this way just so I could understand?

You shouldn't be buying ascended weapons from fractal merchant anyway it is very expensive unless you got some spare grandmaster shards from pvp reward tracks and don't need your fractal relics. Unless you need a specific rare stat (like harrier, diviner or smth) AND you don't need fractaal relics at all you should rather craft your weapons. And after all the research pages are kinda irrelevant, they are not used anywhere else (with the exception of some achievments), normally best thing to do with those is to craft trash journals and sell em. In my opinion the irrelevance of those journals is the reason of bizzare prices. Nobody uses them or if they do, they don't mind as they got tons of spare research pages. To resume: yeah you are right that the prices are illogical, but it is not a big deal.