New Players -- Come Here!

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Most probably don't even know there is a forum or are FTP accounts and can't access the forums.

They'll probably disappear in a couple of weeks when this blows over.

Some of them will undoubtedly disappear. Others will stay. People have nothing to do so they try the game and for some people this game clicks. Sure they won't be around as much, but there are new people in my guild I'm fairly certain will be long term. This is particularly true if veteran players actually welcome them and help them understand the game, because on many levels it's different from other MMOs out there.

When you invest time in people, some people will stay...in my experience anyway.

A few of my friends have started playing because of the pandemic and I'm not expecting them all to stay but there's at least 1 I think will be around long-term. (Interestingly one of the ones who started out on a free account because she didn't want to commit to anything too quickly, not the one who bought both expansions and a bunch of gems on day 1.)

But as far as I know none of them have even looked at the forum yet. I think there's a specific type of person who wants to on a forum talking about things they enjoy doing, and for most other people it's only something to use when they have a specific question or problem and can't find an answer anywhere else.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Most probably don't even know there is a forum or are FTP accounts and can't access the forums.

They'll probably disappear in a couple of weeks when this blows over.Nope and nope.

Joined 1 week and 2 days ago, got 80 a day ago. Just finished my story, bought all dlc + living seasons available. Love the game! Time for the next story :D

@Headhunter.4796 said:

They'll probably disappear in a couple of weeks when this blows over.Nope and nope.

Joined 1 week and 2 days ago, got 80 a day ago. Just finished my story, bought all dlc + living seasons available. Love the game! Time for the next story :D

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck!

The Wiki (link above) is a great resource for all thing GW2.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck!

The Wiki (link above) is a great resource for all thing GW2.

Thanks! Yeah I’m in a superfriendly guild where veterans explain me so many things. Every morning we kill a world boss together with good loot and they gave me a tour through the guild hall and all. It’s so big and overwhelming. Glad I found this diamond, had no idea it was there! The f2p and gem store made me skip it entirely at first: glad I gave it another chance.

Apart from SWTOR I think GW2 is the best MMO that is able to deliver a story in my experience so far :)

OK. I'm here. Wut now? :)

Left several years ago after finally killing that bitch Scarlet. Came back for a month or two for Thorns, stalled on the last dragon of the story and finally bailed again. Just got the expansion on sale again (yes, I'm a sucker for 50% off deals).

So.... what the hell am I doing here. Did I do the right thing re-upping now? Whats good to do these days? I liked story and PVE stuffs mostly. Any classes strong with great sword anymore? That was my fave.

Just returning after toying about with other games. Not much experience but have enjoyed the game so much in the last few weeks that I bought it and then used the boost to level 80 so I could unlock mounts and gliders. I'm having a blast with my... 5 characters to date. :)I'm still a noob, and have not done any of the PvP or other features.Almost at the end of season 1 of the personal story... although I did jump around a bit to unlock gliders and mounts, as mentioned above.I've not tried my hand at crafting... any recommendations for crafting starting guide?See you in Tyria!

Hello, I'm new!

Was introduced to the game and was on F2P until I hit around lvl 40-50 ish and have been enjoying myself so far, so I got the expansion last Thursday! Looking forward to hitting lvl 80 so I can unlock some gliders & mounts. Aiming to get Nightfang when I can (looks so cool!!)

Due to my family (read: kids) taking up more of my time I ended up not getting GW2 at launch but was a long time GW1 player. I am currently leveling a Mesmer (favorite class from GW1) and will start a Ranger soon. Any other advice on which professions to level and learn about?

Hi. I'm new. I was F2P for a day and jumped on the xpac sale early last week. I needed something besides work to keep me occupied during the lockdown. My guildie recommended the game to me who has been playing for years. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't always have time for something like this. As of this post, I have all mounts aside from the flying mounts and have been bouncing from HoT to PoF and back to level up masteries in general. For my first character, I chose what according to my friend is: "the most useless class in the game because it isn't as needed nor sought after as other classes for most, if not all, situations." The irony is: engineers are very useful in real life and dare I say "Essential." He used the class as his main character for a long time but switched to others as of late so he was able to tell me about a few of its quirks.

I like playing the engineer because it's fun and goofy. I would also like to add that it's beefy because I've already been in situations where I see people dropping like flies (world bosses, legendary bounties, full-scale map meta battles, etc.) who clearly have very good gear and are using the most essential classes in-game.

I picked the right class for me and am happy with it.