please can we get 2v2 arenas back

If you want to duo then keep it seperate I cannot stand 2v2 at all. No chance am I queuing into a bot solo and having to carry it against a duo like all my matches seem to be in conquest. My team all solo and double duo on the enemy side. Great match making anet!

@Daishi.6027 said:

@Kulvar.1239 said:No. The game would be utterly destroyed if it had to be balanced around team of 2 characters.

In what situation where 2v2 fights are made to be fair and balanced; does it break 5v5 conquest?

Because unless they make entirely different classes for each game mode, balancing for one has an echoing influence on the balance of other game modes.Being able to have different effect stack/effect duration/power coefficient/skill cost/skill cooldown has its limit.You can't balance the core of the class.

@Daishi.6027 said:

@Kulvar.1239 said:No. The game would be utterly destroyed if it had to be balanced around team of 2 characters.

In what situation where 2v2 fights are made to be fair and balanced; does it break 5v5 conquest?I mean there's nothing wrong with 2v2 existing. It's just that it can not and must in any way or form ever be allowed to affect balance decisions. Those decisions must be made with nothing but Conquest and the 5v5 format in mind for as long as that is the main game mode of PvP.

This does mean that there are going to be broken and imbalanced builds and comps for 2v2, and short of another skill split they will not be fixed and should not be fixed due to the off chance that they may affect 5v5 balance.

@Aktium.9506 said:

In what situation where 2v2 fights are made to be fair and balanced; does it break 5v5 conquest?I mean there's nothing wrong with 2v2 existing. It's just that it can not and must in any way or form ever be allowed to affect balance decisions. Those decisions must be made with nothing but Conquest and the 5v5 format in mind for as long as that is the main game mode of PvP.

This does mean that there are going to be broken and imbalanced builds and comps for 2v2, and short of another skill split they will not be fixed and should not be fixed due to the off chance that they may affect 5v5 balance.

I agree with this, this is why i find 2v2 just so dam boring, its dominated by 2-3 classes and it will be the same during this upcoming mini season to. Which means as it goes on less and less interest will be shown and almost everyone will be pleading for the 5v5 season to begin once again.

2v2 is the way to go! Atleast you can do something if you are a skilled player.Conquest is just so boring in this broken meta.Conquest stopped being fun right around pof came.Please make a separate queue, so we don’t always have to wait till the end of a boring conquest season.2v2 is a individual pvp skill check, 5v5 is just a rotation check. 5v5 doesn’t show you are skilled in pvp, it just shows you can rotate.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

In what situation where 2v2 fights are made to be fair and balanced; does it break 5v5 conquest?

Because unless they make entirely different classes for each game mode, balancing for one has an echoing influence on the balance of other game modes.Being able to have different effect stack/effect duration/power coefficient/skill cost/skill cooldown has its limit.You can't balance the core of the class.

I get that it has an echo; that’s kind of my point. But that doesn’t quite answer my question?

Do you have a specific example that can help clarify your point?

I’d argue 2v2 balance could give us really solid fair and balanced 5v5 conquest. If something over performs in 5v5 conquest because of more players, and build synergy it seems relatively simple to scale team application; and long term, the small scale matchups are a lot more in line with each other. Where as if something underperforms in 5v5 and over performs 2v2 you get a dead game mode.

I agree with you when you're saying the game is not balanced around 2v2 since 5v5 is the tournament mode, but tbh I didn't see this huge lack of balance in the last pvp season: clearly some classes have some advantage (necro and mesmer are definitely good examples) but they're not invincible and once you get to know them, how their mechanics work, if you play it right you can still win the game. Now, regardless the fairness of the arena matchup tho, I really enjoy 2v2 deathmatches and I don't see a reason for them to be taken away since 5v5 conquests would still be the unranked and tournament mode.