What is the priority for returning player? (starting fresh) need directions.

Gone before HoT, had a 80 Warrior in decent gear at that time.. maxed out some crafting, completed a good portion of open world. World boss and gathering was my daily routine, until I stopped the grind due to lack of personal goals (completed the look I wanted).

My question is, what should be my short term goals to get myself back on track? I used the 80 boost to get the mount.

What should I include in my daily routine to get some gear and loot? Obviously I have tons of content waiting for me, I plan to do them slowly except i don't want to miss out on some of the one time only per day rewards.

Going to play a Reaper, how should I gear up to finish HoT?

Other than the regular Daily Quest, should I finish the other dailies? are they worth doing?

Any ongoing time limited event? not sure if the Adventure Box Fest is about, should I touch it?

In what order should I be spending my game time on first? in a efficient manner..

Thanks

Reaper plays well with a berzerker gear. Greatsword, Axe, Warhorn are staple. Focus works too instead of Warhorn.Other daily quests are worth it if you need the map currency. Fractals dailies are nice money making at high level.Super Adventure Box became a yearly event, like Wintersday, Mad King, New Year, Four Winds Bazaar, ...How to prioritize depends on your goals. Do you want to make a legendary ? Do you want to raid ? Do you want to do T4 fractals ? Do you want to PvP Do you want to WvW ? Are you an achievement hunter ?Unlocking masteries is still a nice priority as it makes you life easier as you get them.

@Kulvar.1239 said:Reaper plays well with a berzerker gear. Greatsword, Axe, Warhorn are staple. Focus works too instead of Warhorn.Other daily quests are worth it if you need the map currency. Fractals dailies are nice money making at high level.Super Adventure Box became a yearly event, like Wintersday, Mad King, New Year, Four Winds Bazaar, ...How to prioritize depends on your goals. Do you want to make a legendary ? Do you want to raid ? Do you want to do T4 fractals ? Do you want to PvP Do you want to WvW ? Are you an achievement hunter ?Unlocking masteries is still a nice priority as it makes you life easier as you get them.

For now, I just want to upgrade my gear (from 80 boost gear) and get back to decent power level.. and I do not know how to get there, too many things to do in game.. What is the best way to farm the Zerker gear, there are manys way to obtain the set...

Like if there are things that are limited to once per day that have great reward... obviously need to be easy enough with my bad gear.

@synyster.9708 said:

@Kulvar.1239 said:Reaper plays well with a berzerker gear. Greatsword, Axe, Warhorn are staple. Focus works too instead of Warhorn.Other daily quests are worth it if you need the map currency. Fractals dailies are nice money making at high level.Super Adventure Box became a yearly event, like Wintersday, Mad King, New Year, Four Winds Bazaar, ...How to prioritize depends on your goals. Do you want to make a legendary ? Do you want to raid ? Do you want to do T4 fractals ? Do you want to PvP Do you want to WvW ? Are you an achievement hunter ?Unlocking masteries is still a nice priority as it makes you life easier as you get them.

For now, I just want to upgrade my gear (from 80 boost gear) and get back to decent power level.. and I do not know how to get there, too many things to do in game.. What is the best way to farm the Zerker gear, there are manys way to obtain the set...

Like if there are things that are limited to once per day that have great reward... obviously need to be easy enough with my bad gear.

To be honest, I don't bother farming 80 exotic zerk gear. I just buy the cheap weapon and armor from the trading post. It's around 2 gold / item and you get to play with the second best gear available instantly.

For trinkets, I spent laurels to buy ascended zerk trinkets a long time ago and just reuse them.But you can also farm Living World seasons 3 & 4 map currencies and buy ascended items with selectable stats. Or do WvW.

Back item is the trickiest, but it has the less impact so who cares for now ? Back in the days, I made a zerk Mawdrey.You can also buy back items with LWS3 and LWS4 map currencies.

From there, you can start working on making ascended weapons and armor through crafting.If you want to prepare in advance, you would need a level 500 crafting professions and make daily crafts from ectos.You can also buy them from WvW.

The number priority is still going to be personal goals. Without those you are just going to be bored with it very quickly and everything else is going to be irrelevant after that.

I am just making a lot of legendaries. After that? In theory I could be making gold for the sake of having gold but we'll see. However I am in no danger of completing those any time soon. Even with the shortest possible time it is going to around 6 months for one set but 1 year would be more realistic due to timegating and stuff from WvW. Probably another 180+ days for PvP set. So that right there is already 1.5 years accounted for.

@"Kulvar.1239" said:Back item is the trickiest, but it has the less impact so who cares for now ? Back in the days, I made a zerk Mawdrey.You can also buy back items with LWS3 and LWS4 map currencies.

You can easily buy a stat selectable exotic back item on the TP. They are the various "lucky great ..." back items. You can also buy a rare one and upgrade it to exotic which can be a few gold cheaper. It is also possible to craft them although they max out at lv78 but the crafted ones has the advantage of having an infusion slot. That would make it possible to start clearing all t1 fractals and start acquiring other ascended gear through fractals.

@Khisanth.2948 said:The number priority is still going to be personal goals. Without those you are just going to be bored with it very quickly and everything else is going to be irrelevant after that.

Yea I totally get it, its just that I kinda want every right now and do not know what I should aim for...

I plan is to grind gold to unlock all the Living World, which I don't have any... that + mount skins would be a hell of a grind (Finally a reason to grind)..

One of my biggest problem is choosing what to do first, right now im struggling to find short term goals that would make me money. My play time consist of trying out some new content, doing bunch of random events in HoT one day, do some Dry Top the next... And I have no idea what I'm accomplishing other than getting random loots... right now have 1k Airship parts that I don't know what I should spend on, its hard to know if I'm making progress.

Alot of the gold making guide out there aren't targeted at new players, and require heavy investment like home instances..

I don't need the best gold per hour farm, I just need to know what Im content able to do as a fresh 80 to make decent gold per hour.. so I can start gearing up my power reaper and not stuck with the condi boosted gear im in...

@synyster.9708 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:The number priority is still going to be personal goals. Without those you are just going to be bored with it very quickly and everything else is going to be irrelevant after that.

Yea I totally get it, its just that I kinda want every right now and do not know what I should aim for...

I plan is to grind gold to unlock all the Living World, which I don't have any... that + mount skins would be a hell of a grind (Finally a reason to grind)..

One of my biggest problem is choosing what to do first, right now im struggling to find short term goals that would make me money. My play time consist of trying out some new content, doing bunch of random events in HoT one day, do some Dry Top the next... And I have no idea what I'm accomplishing other than getting random loots... right now have 1k Airship parts that I don't know what I should spend on, its hard to know if I'm making progress.

Alot of the gold making guide out there aren't targeted at new players, and require heavy investment like home instances..

I don't need the best gold per hour farm, I just need to know what Im content able to do as a fresh 80 to make decent gold per hour.. so I can start gearing up my power reaper and not stuck with the condi boosted gear im in...

Fractal (t4+recs or just one of those) gives a fairly decent and steady g/day.

All mount skins with gold is going to be hefty. There are currenctly 197 skins.Although if you are actually going for all of them then that gives a slightly advantage in that you can buy the adoption licenses which is a bit cheaper than the select ones.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone#Acquisition is still okay. Just do which ever fits with your schedule but be aware some of the associated events might be unpopular.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Ley-Line_Anomaly gives a mystic coin + 50s junk items which is worth around 2g together

Airship parts are useful for buying exotic armor that lets you select stats based on which expansion you own. So you select core+(owned expansion) stats. For a power reaper simply buying from the TP isn't too bad either if you go for the Zhed armor set https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tp/search?name=zhed

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/25971-Maw-of-the-Damned is nice for a berserker axe since it includes a superior sigil of force. The sigil alone is actually more expensive than the axehttps://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/26874-Kodanroar covers the axe

and you have the Reaper's Greatsword when you start unlocking reaper traits

in between everything else it would be a good idea to work on the masteries, especially Pact Commander for autoloot. That will require some achievements to be completed in addition to all the communing ones so that should keep you pretty busy for a while.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:

Fractal (t4+recs or just one of those) gives a fairly decent and steady g/day.

All mount skins with gold is going to be hefty. There are currenctly 197 skins.Although if you are actually going for all of them then that gives a slightly advantage in that you can buy the adoption licenses which is a bit cheaper than the select ones.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone#Acquisition is still okay. Just do which ever fits with your schedule but be aware some of the associated events might be unpopular.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Ley-Line_Anomaly gives a mystic coin + 50s junk items which is worth around 2g together

Airship parts are useful for buying exotic armor that lets you select stats based on which expansion you own. So you select core+(owned expansion) stats. For a power reaper simply buying from the TP isn't too bad either if you go for the Zhed armor set https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tp/search?name=zhed

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/25971-Maw-of-the-Damned is nice for a berserker axe since it includes a superior sigil of force. The sigil alone is actually more expensive than the axehttps://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/26874-Kodanroar covers the axe

and you have the Reaper's Greatsword when you start unlocking reaper traits

in between everything else it would be a good idea to work on the masteries, especially Pact Commander for autoloot. That will require some achievements to be completed in addition to all the communing ones so that should keep you pretty busy for a while.

I wish I'm that greedy on skins, wouldn't have quit the first time. 1 for each mount type is a more realistic goal.

I do noticed the unpopular event, wasted quite a bit of time and silver going around looking for active events.. Is there a way to see how many people in the zone, a way to look for nearby groups, or people generally don't join group and go solo?

Did the Amalgamated Gemstone chest from VB and CO today. Lots of people at Ley-Line Anomaly. Finally a successful SW full run with enough people.

Any other once per day event, or stuff I should be doing?

And should I put Sigil (what type) onto the Reaper GS? is that going to be my main weapon until I get Ascended?

Do you recommend selling all the loot at the TP? would I earn more selling the Unid Bags rather than salvage it myself?

Really appreciate your advice, saved me from many hours looking up guides that might not even give me the answer I want..

@"synyster.9708" said:I do noticed the unpopular event, wasted quite a bit of time and silver going around looking for active events.. Is there a way to see how many people in the zone, a way to look for nearby groups, or people generally don't join group and go solo?

Did the Amalgamated Gemstone chest from VB and CO today. Lots of people at Ley-Line Anomaly. Finally a successful SW full run with enough people.

Any other once per day event, or stuff I should be doing?

There is also Tequatl which is another 1+gAt reset I typically do VB -> Timberline Falls -> TD -> ABSome people also squeeze in a Forged with Fire before VB but for that you'll need to have a character parked in VB at Matriarch otherwise you probably wouldn't be able to arrive in time after Forged with FireYou can also try squeezing in Doomlore between TD and AB but that will require skipping the loot behind the wall in TD and the chest that pops up after the timer counts down. The item of interest from Doomlore is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ash_Legion_Key

The pinata event in Crystal Oasis is also very popular. Also gives an AG and has a tiny chance of dropping the pricey Confetti Infusion

Edit: Forgot the Doppleganger event from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Path_to_Ascension

And should I put Sigil (what type) onto the Reaper GS? is that going to be my main weapon until I get Ascended?

Ideally superior sigil of force + superior sigil of impact but you can also use one of the slaying sigils instead of impact which is much cheaper. If using impact you'll want to be on the GS(either in or out of shroud) whenever an enemy with a breakbar is stunned to take advantage of the +7% damage

Do you recommend selling all the loot at the TP? would I earn more selling the Unid Bags rather than salvage it myself?

most recommendations I've seen is to identify first because that has a chance of giving a higher tier than the unid, as an extreme example I got a precursor from a blue unid

Really appreciate your advice, saved me from many hours looking up guides that might not even give me the answer I want..

You could also consider doing some strikes. Usually pretty easy finding people doing the 3 easy ones(Shiverpeak Pass, Fraenir, claw and voice/bears/kodan/voice/people list this one a bunch of ways). The loot isn't especially amazing but the prophet shards from them can be used to buy ascended weapons and armor. You will want to have your essence masteries leveled for these since most have phases where you'll need to use the special action skill from essence masteries. The strikes also give a decent chunk of karma and exp per completion if you are in need of that.

From my own personal experience (returned in January after 2 years away)

Start by getting mounts first and upgrading them (Raptor and Springer are a must, makes things so much easier and faster all over Tyria; Skimmer and Gryffon are a nice bonus to have, too. Everything else can wait).

Depending on the content you wish to play (PvE, WvW, etc), it wouldn't hurt to join a guild that can help you with the newer builds.

Dailies, other than the regular daily, are, for me personally, not worth it so I never focus on them.

You can get Ascended trinkets with Winterberry farming in Bitterfrost Frontier (google it). Stats are selectable for each trinket.

I finished HoT story + bonus things with a condi minion master necromancer. The damage wasn't as much as with other builds or classes, but it was sustainable and I could even solo champions without ever falling below 50% HP.

I did Adventure Box only for the sake of unlocking the bauble node in my home instance. Basically, you need to collect 32 bauble bubbles and trade them in at a vendor. You can then mine 3x 8 baubles in your home intance every day, and trading 250 baubles at a vendor can net you 1 bauble bubble. Again, it's not needed, but my personal goal is to unlock as many goodies in my home instance as I can.

tl;dr: Start by unlocking and upgrading the Raptor and Springer mounts to make life easier for you, then just play however you want.