What is even the point of playing power mesmer?

Lincolnbeard.1735

@viquing.8254 said:Yeah just wait to mesmers not being represented in At at all, it's just started recently with no mesmers in final and semi, maybe when the class proportion will be the lowest in the game like it was in vanilla with engi, we will get fun gameplay.

JK we already had our fun, we won't be relevant for the remaining lifespan of the game.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Want better burst? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain damage? thief, engie, ranger.Want better mobility? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain? Thief, engie, rangerWant better cc? thief, engie, ranger.

Point is, power mesmer is currently useless trash.

Just admit you screwed up and buff mesmer already.Revert critical infusion, mirror blade, mind wrack and all phantasms.

What's the point in playing condition mesmer for that matter? It's not doing that much better.

During a TeaTime CMC popped into Twitch chat and mentioned that the main plan for PvP mesmer across the board is for it to be like necromancer minions in that they are a thing you can run if you really want but they're not supposed to good in a way that incentivizes them being widely run like a normal profession like before. The current state of Chronomancer isn't an accident or oversight, it's part of their philosophy. Mesmer and Mirage are on their way there. He also mentioned they are planning on nerfing the duration of Portal Entre down to 15 seconds and the cooldown on Signet of Illusions up to 300 seconds. Both those changes are currently in the pipeline but he wasn't sure when they'd go live.

Mesmer isn't meant to be good and it's only going to get worse. This is intentional.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Want better burst? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain damage? thief, engie, ranger.Want better mobility? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain? Thief, engie, rangerWant better cc? thief, engie, ranger.

Just admit you screwed up and buff mesmer already.Revert critical infusion, mirror blade, mind wrack and all phantasms.

What's the point in playing condition mesmer for that matter? It's not doing that much better.

During a TeaTime CMC popped into Twitch chat and mentioned that the main plan for PvP mesmer across the board is for it to be like necromancer minions in that they are a thing you can run if you really want but they're not supposed to good in a way that incentivizes them being widely run like a normal profession like before. The current state of Chronomancer isn't an accident or oversight, it's part of their philosophy. Mesmer and Mirage are on their way there. He also mentioned they are planning on nerfing the duration of Portal Entre down to 15 seconds and the cooldown on Signet of Illusions up to 300 seconds. Both those changes are currently in the pipeline but he wasn't sure when they'd go live.

Mesmer isn't meant to be good and it's only going to get worse. This is intentional.

Holy kitten.So it's not just bad balance, it's done on purpose to destroy the profession.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

wait I though you were being sarcastic, are they seriously putting soi on 300s? XDDDDDD

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

wait I though you were being sarcastic, are they seriously putting soi on 300s? XDDDDDD

Yes.

I mean ... I can understand having reasons behind gutting Portal and Signet of Illusions as they are currently designed ... but ... but ... but ... Being unwilling to balance Mesmer + elite specs in a way that they can be ran alongside and competitive with other professions ...? This does not ... compute?

If Mesmer + elite spec mechanics are THAT broken from a competitive stand point that the whole profession will not be supported, what do? Are we supposed to ask for a complete and extensive rework of the whole profession? Should we request a new/different skill designer than the one who normally handles Mesmer? I don't have any faith in a reasonable time frame for those kinds of changes.

Just ... flabbergasted.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

calling bs/troll unless you post proof

Just look at the bastardization of traits, weapons, and e-specs as a whole. Irenio or Cal said that they want staff to be a utility weapon but they nerfed the condition output and kept it as is. They neutered the Duelist's Discipline trait which really makes pistol a utility weapon on two skills.

But hey, CMC plays an Ele and they somehow slid under the radar for "cc's don't do damage update" making them bananas in pvp.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If true, that's shocking.

So there really is no incentive, no deep plan and no desire to make this game (not even just mesmer, but the game in general) into something that makes sense from class building, variety and depth of challenge.

/shrug, I guess it's casual LW, Festivals and occasional dip into wvw for a laugh, because expansion or no, I haven't got any hope in terms of class design philosophy.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Link plz? Though I don't typically trust potential trolls in chat; I'd want to hear it said in an official capacity, and have it owned up to if this is the case.Though given the state of mesmer, and mirage in particular, I would not be all that surprised.

That said: if this is true, where none of that is out of context, and that is the intended design; Would be well deserved to catch the KungFlu and it's swift karate chop to the lung.

@Allarius.5670 said:

If Mesmer + elite spec mechanics are THAT broken from a competitive stand point that the whole profession will not be supported, what do? Are we supposed to ask for a complete and extensive rework of the whole profession? Should we request a new/different skill designer than the one who normally handles Mesmer? I don't have any faith in a reasonable time frame for those kinds of changes.

Quit the game and stop giving them money. I log in about once every 2 weeks to talk to guildmates and do a short daily, and that's about it.

@Daishi.6027 said:What? All medium armors being objectively better than power mes? It’s almost like I’ve been saying that since release.

But the bads in pvp cried their way to victory.Karl has always been biased against the class.Top players were calling it OP even though mes mains played thief in major tournies pre hot.Bunch of other crazy double standards over the years I’m to freaking tired of re-hashing to cite here.Now a thief got hired to do balance so it’s even more worthless, and even Condi thief is safer than condi mirage.

So now I’m paying subs for FFXIV at the behest of my irl friends amidst the lock down, and haven’t completed masteries in Icebrood, cuz A-net doesn’t deserve my money, time, or effort.

Prior to the damage cuts the only nerfs that were justified for power was Evasive mirror and mirage cloak duration. At the very least jaunts and vigor should have been restored.

I came back to GW2 after playing XIV for three years. They stuff Anet does over here? They do it too. Only they're much less creative with their content, recycle so much stuff all the time, and the game is basically designed to inhibit your progression so you stay subbed for as long as possible.

@Daishi.6027 said:

Link plz? Though I don't typically trust potential trolls in chat; I'd want to hear it said in an official capacity, and have it owned up to if this is the case.Though given the state of mesmer, and mirage in particular, I would not be all that surprised.

That said:
if this is true,
where none of that is out of context, and that is the intended design; Would be well deserved to catch the KungFlu and it's swift karate chop to the lung.

Don't have the link and frankly don't care to go digging. It was a stream with TeaPot playing PvP and CMC hopped in and said a few things and answered a few questions sometime around either a week to a week and a half before I made that initial post.

It's true. If it wasn't my post here and in the SPvP forum would have been moderated and removed.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

That said:
if this is true,
where none of that is out of context, and that is the intended design; Would be well deserved to catch the KungFlu and it's swift karate chop to the lung.

Don't have the link and frankly don't care to go digging. It was a stream with TeaPot playing PvP and CMC hopped in and said a few things and answered a few questions sometime around either a week to a week and a half before I made that initial post.

It's true. If it wasn't my post here and in the SPvP forum would have been moderated and removed.

I believe it's true and I understand you don't want to dig, freaking 3hours videos. I don't even know why people watch these in the first place, if it was discussing about something... but seeing a guy playing for 3hours...

And why the kitten do devs use these channels to talk about stuff instead of official forums?

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:I was expecting a hard mechanical nerf to mriages in the future, but making illusions be like necromancer minions... doesn't make sense. The way that they're created and managed is completely different. I.E. necromancers don't have weapon skills that make minions on every single weapon they have.

Perhaps I'm reading that the wrong way but what I got was not like they want illusions to be like minions but they want mesmer to be like a minion master necro in the sense that it sucks.You can run it and have fun but it is awful.Like "we can't be bothered to balance mesmer so we'll leave it in an awful state".

@mortrialus.3062 said:

That said:
if this is true,

faaaakeee

Being a power mesmer main since shatters original inception, with easily 10k mesmer games. It’s truly safe to assume the classes you mentioned are garbage in comparison unless the player is actually good. Assuming you(whoever) has the quick reactions to mesmer and can find the mesmer in all the chaos before you die. Then you may fine.. Mesmers whole theme is to confuse you whilst stopping you from using abilities and punishing you for doing so when I specifically told you not to. Innately, if the Mesmer is good, the mesmer should have shut down any of those classes from sustaining. Thus ending the fight there. But There are things that prevent a good mesmer from doing so, so yes, some of which are basically little to no counterplay things.. which just make a prolonged fight until they have no choice but to succumb.Mesmers to the feeble minded, create confusing clones, their mobility paired with huge rotational bursts make up for lack of sustain. That can be interrupted more often than not.Mesmers do need some love, in the right areas. But when played correctly and actually shattering. Mesmer is quite strong at toying with their enemies before just brutally ending the fight.

The balance for mesmer is 100% atrocious. I mean wtf is the point of desperate Decoy? You get stealth! Cool. no blind, no evade nothing. Damn near every other class has somehting that gives them at least 1 lifesaver on passive traits, we get a stealth. At least put a blind or stun break on it. Hell its not even worth running, becasue any player that is in melee mode will continue swinging as soon as you hit stealth, or any condi on you that bombs you will just continue ticking, or if your stunned, it doesnt matter becasue you will still be cc'ed by the time the stealth ends. Not to mention every other class has reveals on it which makes it a pointless skill. Like at least make it work like Decoy maybe? idk im toxic AF becasue they made my class unplayable in pvp.

Now im left roaming in WVW in full glass cannon setup, running 3 stealth skills on Core mesmer with every single point speced into damage, because without that kitten does no damage. Stealth up, try an nuke, fail 90% of the time because every ranger runs lesser stone signet passive, every warrior runs the invulnerable pasive (forget the name) thiefs all run free dodge passive, and so you hvae to tp and run away and try again once cooldowns are up. Theres no point in trying to take straight fights in pvp as a mesmer. All your burst is loaded into greatsword spike damge, and its the easiest thing to play against as long as you dont blow cooldowns. Meanwhile most other classes can nuke and sustain through that shit no problem.

And no, im not crying because "get Gudt". I know im not a top player, but for the love of god why are we forced to play extra hard for mediocre results. A braineded Condi mirage, or a brainded warrior can still output Decent damage and sustain, and while I could beat such players in duels as mesmer I have to work retardedly hard to get the same results. Versus me just swapping off my main to a ranger and feeling borderline unbeatable to the average joe running around.

PS: Give us a power Dual Dagger Mesmer Elite spec next. get rid of clone all together and make daggers a mid range power damge tree.

Don't bother, there is plehora of people in this forum, usually on PvP section, telling you mesmer is op if playing rigth, even if there is there is hardly someone to play it right.Mean why did even people state that mesmer has good mobility in a world where even some nec builds can catch them.

@Blood Lord.5687 said:Being a power mesmer main since shatters original inception, with easily 10k mesmer games. It’s truly safe to assume the classes you mentioned are garbage in comparison unless the player is actually good. Assuming you(whoever) has the quick reactions to mesmer and can find the mesmer in all the chaos before you die. Then you may fine.. Mesmers whole theme is to confuse you whilst stopping you from using abilities and punishing you for doing so when I specifically told you not to. Innately, if the Mesmer is good, the mesmer should have shut down any of those classes from sustaining. Thus ending the fight there. But There are things that prevent a good mesmer from doing so, so yes, some of which are basically little to no counterplay things.. which just make a prolonged fight until they have no choice but to succumb.Mesmers to the feeble minded, create confusing clones, their mobility paired with huge rotational bursts make up for lack of sustain. That can be interrupted more often than not.Mesmers do need some love, in the right areas. But when played correctly and actually shattering. Mesmer is quite strong at toying with their enemies before just brutally ending the fight.

That might be the reason there are 0 people playing power mesmer at high level and it's been this way since what 1year? Before that there was one player playing power mesmer.

No, mesmer is not strong if played right when you can play the previous mentioned professions and do much better with 1/4 the effort.