"Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable."

Alyster.9470

You know what's funny? If you're using an Overload, you need to either cancel or dodge out of it to use Obsidian Flesh. Counter-productive gameplay.

OF should be a stun-breaker, too, and it should at least override the current skill that's being used. As of this moment, the skill is just clunky and inefficient. I had no problems using it before these nerfs, because I was able to use everything else at the same time. Nobody complained. Obsidian Flesh is on a 50-second CD, for God's sake.

It makes me wonder if Distortion will ever get this mechanic, as well, or is this some form of Elementalist torture/punishment?

• Like 1

I'm honestly convinced that they made it a channel instead of a transform as an easy lazy way to fix the minions dying bug and not for any balance reasons.

Being able to stow to end early/use instant cast utilities during Obsidian Flesh is in no way more valuable than being able to use Obsidian Flesh while stunned or to res/stomp, huge nerf that just removes a hype proactive play-making potential. Don't know why they felt the need to do this 2ND nerf.

You already had to click F to stomp before you could invuln, unlike Elixir S or Distortion being free to interact while invulnerable. Hopefully they bring the other invulns inline to this new design choice, since everyone seems to want all classes to be the same and not unique :)

• Like 1

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:This change was unnecessary in PvP.

Being untouchable while being able to deal damage for free with no restrictions for a few seconds against some one who does not have the same ability....... yeah it was an unnecessary change alright...

so - what about mirages and their attacks while evade? Invul - and attacking at the same time? or stealthed thieves? You can't attack you can't see (exception: you are really lucky and that thief really dumb). But they can unload a full stack of malice into you?

• Like 1

They really messed up when they put multiple melee specs (dagger and sword) on the squishiest professions and relied on overloading evades onto weaver for its form of survivability, as opposed to toughness, damage reduction, or providing an in-and-out gameply like the thief. The overloard of all those sword skills with evades, twist of fate, mist form, and so on all made it so the addition of obsidian flesh was overpowered. This is mostly problematic in pvp when you basically create an untouchable class with massive healing and a bunch of stunbreaks. Of course in pve it made sense because being hit once or twice is usually close to death for an ele since they have no health or armor. But, in pvp you just get a high damage, hard to kill spec. The obvious solution and one that would reqwuire the most work would be to look at weaver and "rework" the broken aspects, or you could just make one really strong skill, that broke the camels back, and nerf it hard.

I don't think obsidian flesh is overpowered with anything besides a weaver with a sword, because generally eles don't have a lot of direct defense. It worked really well with scepter ele and was a good fit.

• Like 1

@"ScottBroChill.3254" said:They really messed up when they put multiple melee specs (dagger and sword) on the squishiest professions and relied on overloading evades onto weaver for its form of survivability, as opposed to toughness, damage reduction, or providing an in-and-out gameply like the thief. The overloard of all those sword skills with evades, twist of fate, mist form, and so on all made it so the addition of obsidian flesh was overpowered. This is mostly problematic in pvp when you basically create an untouchable class with massive healing and a bunch of stunbreaks. Of course in pve it made sense because being hit once or twice is usually close to death for an ele since they have no health or armor. But, in pvp you just get a high damage, hard to kill spec. The obvious solution and one that would reqwuire the most work would be to look at weaver and "rework" the broken aspects, or you could just make one really strong skill, that broke the camels back, and nerf it hard.

I don't think obsidian flesh is overpowered with anything besides a weaver with a sword, because generally eles don't have a lot of direct defense. It worked really well with scepter ele and was a good fit.

There's certainly nothing remotely overpowered about obsidian flesh now. Honestly, I'd just drop it and replace it with something useful if they want to restrict it so heavily. At least let me use it to cover stomps since cleave is useless now!

• Like 2

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:This change was unnecessary in PvP.

Being untouchable while being able to deal damage for free with no restrictions for a few seconds against some one who does not have the same ability....... yeah it was an unnecessary change alright...

so - what about mirages and their attacks while evade? Invul - and attacking at the same time? or stealthed thieves? You can't attack you can't see (exception: you are really lucky and that thief really dumb). But they can unload a full stack of malice into you?

You ignore all the traits that got attacks when dodging. Currently engi, ele ,warrior ,guardian, necro, thief got similiar traits. And IH is a grandmaster trait. why do you want to see it as a minor? That's like make stone shield from a crit every 10 sec only instead of unlimited duration.

• 1 month later...