Less Information API-key

gloflop.3510

I am writing from the perspective of a WvW player. The API-key is there used to verify whether an account is on a certain world or not. However, the basic API-key is providing far more information. E.g. it also contains my characters or a list of guildes I am in. I personally do not like when too much about me is spread. As an example, why shall the names of my characters be known? Needed is only one information: My home world.

That would be your choice.The people who have chosen to pick account, character, guilds and even progression, if they choose to look at wvw rank.A normal verify bot can only require an account, such as GW2bot.In the end of the day, some people are hungry for your API key - So my suggestion is: Make a fresh alt account. Hard to do anything with a fresh one.

If I create an API-key, I have to check the box "account" and this box provides in my eyes already more information than needed. E.g. why does anyone need to know in which guild I am in? So, sadly, I do not have the choice. If I want to provide an API-key to show that the account is on a particular server, I have to show in which guilds I am in. Anet does not allow me to hide the latter information.

• 4 months later...