Open Letter to ArenaNet regarding Server Latency

TheSun.4321

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANet please address this issue! Your player base is your biggest marketer. If we - players who play primarily WvW on the game - enjoy it, we make our friends to come play with us too. We advertise it on the internet, we post videos to youtube, stream it, and tell our epic battle stories at bar meetings. Right now it is not enjoyable! It's not fun to die to condis because your cleanse skills didn't work! So much depth to the game, so many builds, strategies, environments, big brain plays... None can be actualized because the latency issue doesn't allow it! Please work on this, please!

Let's be real: Anet don't care about WvW. They only care about gem store skins. You don't lose half your staff and get restructured by your parent company because you care about satisfying your customers and infusing innovation into your game. Anet will just keep putting out gem store skins and boring AF PvE stories because that's where the money is at. It's a move to ensure they die just a little bit more slowly than they otherwise would have and can milk the whales for the last of their money before dropping and running completely.

I'd love to see WvW get an actual content update/Decent servers that don't lag 24/7, but Anet don't care. You won't get a response on the forums and you'll never see Anet do anything else with WvW other than tweaking stats. I'd be surprised if they even have programmers anymore.

I'm waiting for Anet to go bankrupt and GW2 to die so some awesome lads can make a private server and actually give the people what they want.

In closing:Anet killed WvW: Change my mind.

Performance and lag issues have always been bad during server three-ways but nowhere near as bad as they have grown lately. It is almost comical whenever you have two blobs on top of eachother and people simply aren't dying because no skills are going off.

I think many here don't understand that there isn't much Anet can really do here, let me quote from a post i replied to on another thread-

@Bandwagon.4512 said:

Ever snce Anet moved to the AWS servers(part of their move to cut costs and 'improve' performance), there has been multiple people/sources who have told me that the way they run the servers are out of Anet's hands. Case in point, ever since Covid-19 struck, Amazon web servers have been prioritizing server load and maintaining speeds, pings/lags were given lower priority. Hence, i don't see any resolution to lags in the short to medium term, since it's really out of Anet's hands. I guess, we got to live with this new normal since Anet is just one of the many customers AWS has, albeit one of the smaller compared to others.

Absolutely agree with everything that is written in this post, I hope that WvsW can get an update soon and be improved.I play mainly in this mode and it is one of the things that keeps me attached to the game after 8 years, is a unique game mode, optimizing it will not only improve the situation for regular players but will also attract new ones.

The performance issues in WvW has a huge impact to being able to enjoy the game mode.

We've heard many different theories on why it occurs over the years but it is worse than ever now. Some of these theories range from the increased demand that condition builds place on the servers to all the sparkle kitties (players that use all the shinies at once for erm... fashion purposes), to the map changes, to reduced horsepower on the tier of service we currently have in AWS, to the "Wuhan" related increase in player load.

Regardless of the reason the performance issues need to be addressed.