Quickening Thirst does NOT WORK in some Story instances.

Humor.5763

Hello all,

This should probably, and will most likely get moved to the Necro forums, but I figured the general discussion is where the majority of people would see it, thus, I'm posting it here.

So quickening thirst on the Necromancer in some Solo/Story instances does not function as it's meant to. I purely use this trait, to move 25% faster while using, and or at the very least carrying a dagger, as I value my mobility almost above all else.

I've noticed in more than one story scenario, that this trait in particular just won't activate, and for the most part, I'm kept a normal walking speed, and or, the game thinks I'm in "Combat" non stop.

I've just finished "The Battle Of Fort Trinity" again, and the skill was working just fine before entering Trinity, out of fun, I was trying to kill all the giants (9 of them), which I did, maybe I would have gotten a neat achievement.... Nope. point is, the speed enhancement was woking perfectly fine, and this skill even stays active while i'm IN COMBAT, thus combat mode only puts me into a "Regular" walking/running speed, where as upon entering Fort Trinity for this mission, the speed boost was never activated once, I walked/ran normally, and whenever I entered combat mode, I lost 25% speed.

I figured this must just be maybe because the Fort was all up in smoke, thinking it was miasma, but, there is no debuff on me, no damage was being taken, my minions were always by my side, near absolutely no monsters, in no way or form was I in combat mode. I even checked by healing allies in, and out of combat mode, healing them fully (resurrecting), while outside of combat mode, and half as much while in combat mode.

I'm someone who enjoys speedy classes, and I tend to use them over powerhouses in this game, so when I noticed even a 25% speed decrease after being quick for so long, it's actually irritating.

I'm not sure if this was intended or not, and maybe not too many people notice this throughout Story instances, but I do, and it's annoying.

Just something I thought I'd share, since I've noticed this on BOTH my Necro/Reaper, and Rev/Renegade classes.

@Anchoku.8142 said:Try swapping in Signet of the Locust and see if you get that 25% increase.

Although I have not played that content in a while, I do recall being stuck in combat even when not on some occasions.Trying to swap a utility skill is generally a good check whether the charcter is in combat (which would slow down the character).

When in combat, you simply can't and the triangles above the utility bar are not visible.

@KrHome.1920 said:The speed buff is not related to wearing a dagger anymore (it used to be). It is active as long as you are above 75% health.

Still does not change the fact of the matter, it doesn't work properly in some story instances.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Anchoku.8142" said:Try swapping in Signet of the Locust and see if you get that 25% increase.

Although I have not played that content in a while,
I do recall being stuck in combat even when not on some occasions
.Trying to swap a utility skill is generally a good check whether the charcter is in combat (which would slow down the character).

When in combat, you simply can't and the triangles above the utility bar are not visible.

I don't know why I would try that. I've already tested it when reviving the dead Npc's, both in, and out of combat as mentioned. Out of combat, I've healed them the maximum amount per "Tick", whilst in combat, I healed very minor. The running speed while in combat was still 25% slower, but out of combat was 25% slower than the running speed I should have been at out of combat.

@Humor.5763 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:The speed buff is not related to wearing a dagger anymore (it used to be). It is active as long as you are above 75% health.

Still does not change the fact of the matter, it doesn't work properly in some story instances.

@"Anchoku.8142" said:Try swapping in Signet of the Locust and see if you get that 25% increase.

.Trying to swap a utility skill is generally a good check whether the charcter is in combat (which would slow down the character).

I don't know why I would try that. I've already tested it when reviving the dead Npc's, both in, and out of combat as mentioned. Out of combat, I've healed them the maximum amount per "Tick", whilst in combat, I healed very minor. The running speed while in combat was still 25% slower, but out of combat was 25% slower than the running speed I should have been at out of combat.Well since you did not even know how the trait works, there is a risk that your observations are wrong. That's why I suggested further validation.

Feel free to submit a ticket in the bug report section:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/bugs%3A-game-forum-website

The devs are checking these reports. But this does not mean that everything gets fixed immediately. One of my reports got fixed within 2 weeks, another one I wrote more than half a year ago is not fixed until today.

@KrHome.1920 said:

I don't know why I would try that. I've already tested it when reviving the dead Npc's, both in, and out of combat as mentioned. Out of combat, I've healed them the maximum amount per "Tick", whilst in combat, I healed very minor. The running speed while in combat was still 25% slower, but out of combat was 25% slower than the running speed I should have been at out of combat.Well since you did not even know how the trait works, there is a risk that your observations are wrong. That's why I suggested further validation.

Feel free to submit a ticket in the bug report section:

The devs are checking these reports. But this does not mean that everything gets fixed immediately. One of my reports got fixed within 2 weeks, another one I wrote more than half a year ago is not fixed until today.

The heck are you talking about? The trait CLEARLY Says "Move 25% faster while wielding at least one dagger." Both in game, AND the Wiki. I know very well how this trait is supposed to work, and it does not.

Further more, having the exact same thing happen on my Renegade during story instances, proves, it's not just one character, or class that has this issue.

I'm in no way suggesting it's a massive problem that needs to be fixed ASAP, I'm simply stating, it's annoying, and very much noticeable to people who are used to having character with quick mobility skills/traits.

I'm about to do the story yet again on an Engineer, and I'm guessing the same thing, in the same story scenario's is going to occur, yet again.

@Humor.5763 said:

The heck are you talking about? The trait CLEARLY Says "Move 25% faster while wielding at least one dagger." Both in game, AND the Wiki. I know very well how this trait is supposed to work, and it does not.

hw91bBC.png

Quickening Thirst hasn't caused you to move faster whilst wielding a dagger since 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

@Lahmia.2193 said:

hw91bBC.png

Quickening Thirst hasn't caused you to move faster whilst wielding a dagger since 2018.

when righteous idignation meets the facts, a lol-moment is born.