Super Adventure Festival 2020

Laevateinn.6289

Putting aside Worlds 3 and 4, there are a couple of things that I'd like to see in the short term (hopefully by next year or the one after that);

First off, I'd like to see the purple/black colored SAB weapons (Lord Vanquish set) if possible.

The second thing I'd want is a set of SAB armor to go with our weapons. Kinda like the hologram helm from Dragon Bash but more blocky.

Thank you for your time :)

I can answer the questions given in the opening post a bit better - now that I have played SAB a lot:

Favorite level is W2Z1. The raft section is boring though. It is short compared to W2Z2/3 and has more entertaining mechanics than world 1. (The logs and lots of crocodiles and turtles - that already appeared in W1Z3.) Also the nice beautiful mood. (Not too dark.)

W1Z3 was too dark. (One part of Z2 in World 1 as well near the beginning.) I don't like the snowy setting (looking boring) in the Z3 of World 2. Setting-wise the W1Z2 was nice as well. Too long though and especially the octopus and glove boss guy were boring when doing it repeatedly (full run no shortcuts - like in tribulation).

Weekly vendor I'm fine with stocking up on exchange vouchers and the boxes with legendary shards. Not going for any legendaries yet. But I like to stock up here. Easiest festival to do so cause you can farm lots of currency and not many other use after unlocking most minis and skins and stuff.

In the future I'd want the SAB to stay permanently. (Especially if there are more worlds to be released.) To balance it and keep the festival still interesting: Make the tribulation tokens available permanently + playing "for fun". But all other rewards (skin drops, baubles) only available during the festival. Also maybe the latest world (if W3 gets added) in the first few years after release (or at least first year) only during festival.

I think the consortium guy trying to talk to Moto about the SAB hints at an option for us to get it for our home instance in the future maybe? Could also require world-wide unlocks (purchases) where you'd need to finish all achievements + tribulation once to unlock the world for your permanent home instance SAB.

I am comparing SAB to other festivals here: So (I returned 2019 after a break from 2013-2019) far I have played all major festivals at least once now. Most have content that can easily be done at the first few days. Even for returning players (I still needed to do all achievements everywhere except SAB where I still had them done from back 2013) it is easy and fast. SAB it might take a bit longer. We have daily stuff like Crimson Assassin's tokens. (Similar to favor of the festival stuff at Festival of the four winds for example.) Easy to do it in one normal or infantile rush.

That is okay. The major problem is the tribulation skins that require multiple runs. Even if you do 1 run daily ... it requires more time effort than in the other festivals (I think there are no grindy skins ... maybe lucky drops you can buy expensive at TP but no sure - without having to be lucky - to grind account bound drops). You could do it all at once ... than having to put in less time all the other days. But that would feel it more grindy. You aren't forced to do it. And can a few every year only. (But here is the festival problem: You don't know if you are healthy and in good mood and no private or work reasons hinder you from playing a lot next year. Feels like I'm forced to get the most out of it now and playing a lot.)

So yeah: Permanent SAB (at least for tribulation tokens) would make it feel less grindy. Festival still for the fun and enjoyment possible.

A bit late on my side, but it is still feedback and perhaps ideas for the next year!

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?I personally enjoy whole W1 and W2Z1. They are quick to finish compared to W2Z2 and W2Z3, but it is perfect when you like to hunt secrets without using a guide like I do. And I really love to hunt the secrets in SAB, probably the best part of SAB for me.I appreciate W2Z2 and W2Z3 as well, just couldnt really get into them myself during some lack of time. I will probably like them as well once I have found all the secrets.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?I dont have any inputs for the Weekly Vendor, but I appreciate the Mystic Coins and the Tyrian Exchange Voucher. Actually.. perhaps you can add Black Lion Lockbreaker Kit next year?An minor idea for the Mystic Coin... It would be more fitting if you could exchange Continue Coins for a Mystic Coin (the idea of exchanging virtual coins to real money).

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?I like to see new content, but honestly it is getting a bit of a clusterf--- in W1 and W2. Perhaps a bigger Hub with more minigames would be better. Throwing random ideas here as a minigame for the Hub: tamagotchi, slot machines.

Thats said... I would like to add some suggestions in this post as well!

1. SAB Back to School editionIn 2013 there was a Back to School edition. I really like this idea, as for me when I was a kid, summer holiday was spent with a lot of gaming... I dont know how to really explain this but for me the SAB Back to School edition held in September feels really fitting for this festival. In other words: since some people complain about the grind for the Crimson tokens and some others wants SAB to be available for the full year, I think having the SAB festival twice per year is a good solution. I know it is born from Aprils Fools day, but Aprils Fools day itself is not really a festival in real life like Christmas/Wintersday for example. There already was this Back to School edition. Plus, like we saw this year, there was another event held on April Fools day in Tyria. Like I said, I dont know how to really explain myself here, but I think I made my point clear.

2 Bunny springer mountWe finally got our SAB mount; the raptor! How adorable would a SAB Bunny springer be???Or.. perhaps the Shortcut Eagle as a griffon mount skin?

3 New miniI dont know why, but this year me and my BF really laughed hard about the owls for their sound (Rrrrrruuuuuu). I would love to see the owl as a mini including that sound if possible. A suggestion from my BF is the Storm Wizard dragon form as a mini. Perhaps these can be in a new mini pack from the Gem store?

@"Hoover.6394" said:I want to enjoy this event but I have motion sickness problem with a lot of jumping and SAB Is all about jumping, having a headache and stomachache is bad, hope they makes more non-jumping focuses SAB mode in the future

I'm sorry that it is giving you motion sickness, but asking for "less jumping" in a platformer game mode is just ridiculous (and selfish in this case).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Hoover.6394" said:I want to enjoy this event but I have motion sickness problem with a lot of jumping and SAB Is all about jumping, having a headache and stomachache is bad, hope they makes more non-jumping focuses SAB mode in the future

I'm sorry that it is giving you motion sickness, but asking for "less jumping" in a platformer game mode is just ridiculous (and selfish in this case).

Then, there should be a way to earn the weapon skins, items, and currency via some other means, other than just buying them off the market place, because that would just be unfair asking players to buy something, that only a certain amount of people would be able to earn through doing such a mode.

It's not like it's the players fault they get motion sickness. Happens to quite a few people.

That would be the alternative. Unless you want the infantile mode to just be walking from point A, to point B, in which case, no one in their right mind would even bother with the long, and pointless jump puzzle to begin with, if everything was just handed to them on a silver platter. (Basically what infantile mode is to begin with, but not as exaggerated).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Was asking for more options, on top of what there are, other people can enjoy the less jumping mode I guess?

@Humor.5763 said:

Then, there should be a way to earn the weapon skins, items, and currency via some other means, other than just buying them off the market place, because that would just be unfair asking players to buy something, that only a certain amount of people would be able to earn through doing such a mode.

Really? Tell that to the raid players, PvP players, WvW players. Seriously, that's a weird claim there. If you can't master a certain content, don't expect to be given free access to its rewards. That goes for all game modes. (By the way, there are SAB skins, infusions and gimmicks you cannot buy from the Trading Post.)

• 2 months later...

W1z3 and W2z1 are by far favorites. I really enjoyed the difference and the pase of the levels, w2z2 and z3 were by far the longest, tho, w2z3 wasn't bad imo.The music overal inside the box is amazing, especially using the Duskk shard for tribulation.

I would love to see a new world, ofc, but also a new tribulation challenge within that world. As for mini games or other Hub content.. scavenger hunts? maybe do more with the clouds and the area on the rim? maybe open the cave entrance where the animals come from as well? little discovery points and area's with funny gimics. (thinking about the strange spoilerfree face room with mr caudacus..