About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@attachi.1792 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Hidden? The Carousel is pretty much the first thing you see, and "News and Announcements" is the very first sub-forum on the front page.

There is no news about this compensation, only few words into another post in the end of other thred.

It's the first post on the Carousel, and the most recent post on 'The EU servers are currently down for maintenance', which is what the compensation is regarding.

I don't know how it could be any clearer, or in your face.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did log in before seeing people say I shouldnt just to check if I'd lost anything.

Turned out I had about 50% of a map progress undone on one character as well as a solo run of CoF story but all of that was restored after the servers were taken down and brought back up.Pretty much the only thing I lost was a few daily items I crafted as well as a log in reward.

I don't know if my account will qualify for the mount licence.. I did log in but only briefly and logged out after seeing the warnings about risking my account.My wife on the other hand lost a bit of progress with her personal story so she probably will get the licence.

This is a pretty significant give away though.. I was not expecting them to go as far as giving people a free mount skin.. let alone a choice licence worth around 15 euros give or take.Can definitely understand why some people would be pretty mad about missing out on that..

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:But you (like me) also didn't lose anything. Those getting the licence actually lost progress and their personal time towards that progress Those who actually lost out are getting compensated, not those who didn't login and were safe from issues

I didn't log in either, but I spent the time elsewhere knowing I'd end up with a potential problem in GW2. I don't deserve the mount licence compensation and rightfully wont get it. Sure I didn't do my dailies, but there are those who did their dailies and lost them. They deserve more than those who didn't log in at all

An absolute non-issue here

You have to realize that the intention of he compensation won't change how players will feel about it, and trying to shoehorn a rationalization of it in their faces will only add insult to injury and make them feel like you are laughing at their faces.

Players who didn't log in because they thought that losing 2 gold and some spirit shards and a day of daily login reward was better than risking damage to their account now are being faced with a reality in which they would have still missed those 2 gold, a bag of spirit shards and a daily login reward but in exchange get for a free mount skin. So like it or not, they will feel like they are being punished for doing what they believe was right.

You can't talk people out of that feeling, and telling them to suck it up will only make things worse and add insult to injury.

Well no one has been punished. People got compensation for having progress taken away - many of which were unaware of the issues at the time. Those who didn't log in lost nothing apart from potential. Potential losses and actual losses are not equal in this case.

If Anet gives the mount to everyone, then those who lost progress still are no better off. And we are right back to square one.

Sadly for the rest you are right. It is unfortunate players just see the reward and not the reasoning, but human nature is what it is and the compensation culture is unfortunate. Doesnt necs mean Anet should pander to it though

What progress ? The only condition for getting the mount is having logged in.Every people who logged in by curiosity will be rewarded while people who waited patiently for resolution will not get anything.That's basically saying "next time, EVERYONE tries to log in so it's even more complicated to resolve the issue".

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:But you (like me) also didn't lose anything. Those getting the licence actually lost progress and their personal time towards that progress Those who actually lost out are getting compensated, not those who didn't login and were safe from issues

I didn't log in either, but I spent the time elsewhere knowing I'd end up with a potential problem in GW2. I don't deserve the mount licence compensation and rightfully wont get it. Sure I didn't do my dailies, but there are those who did their dailies and lost them. They deserve more than those who didn't log in at all

You have to realize that the intention of he compensation won't change how players will feel about it, and trying to shoehorn a rationalization of it in their faces will only add insult to injury and make them feel like you are laughing at their faces.

Players who didn't log in because they thought that losing 2 gold and some spirit shards and a day of daily login reward was better than risking damage to their account now are being faced with a reality in which they would have still missed those 2 gold, a bag of spirit shards and a daily login reward but in exchange get for a free mount skin. So like it or not, they will feel like they are being punished for doing what they believe was right.

You can't talk people out of that feeling, and telling them to suck it up will only make things worse and add insult to injury.

Well no one has been punished. People got compensation for having progress taken away - many of which were unaware of the issues at the time. Those who didn't log in lost nothing apart from potential. Potential losses and actual losses are not equal in this case.

If Anet gives the mount to everyone, then those who lost progress still are no better off. And we are right back to square one.

Sadly for the rest you are right. It is unfortunate players just see the reward and not the reasoning, but human nature is what it is and the compensation culture is unfortunate. Doesnt necs mean Anet should pander to it though

What progress ? The only condition for getting the mount is having logged in.Every people who logged in by curiosity will be rewarded while people who waited patiently for resolution will not get anything.That's basically saying "next time, EVERYONE tries to log in so it's even more complicated to resolve the issue".

That can't be right as I was logged in at one point and didn't get anything.

@Azala Yar.7693 said:

I don't think they've sent them yet

@Azala Yar.7693 said:

Might just take some time, usually when Anet roll out things like this it can take a little while for everyone to get everything.Take the free character slot with HoT for example.. that one usually took a day or so for some to get it.

@"Kulvar.1239" said:What progress ? The only condition for getting the mount is having logged in.Every people who logged in by curiosity will be rewarded while people who waited patiently for resolution will not get anything.That's basically saying "next time, EVERYONE tries to log in so it's even more complicated to resolve the issue".

^ This, EXACTLY this.

@Ashantara.8731 said:By the way, I've never received a free bonfire... Just saying.

P.S. Didn't they release the new mount skins after the server issue had been fixed? I bought it and it's still unlocked on my account, so I'm confused what this mayhem is about, exactly?

The compensations have not been sent out yet

Those who logged in during the time on Monday before Anet pulled the servers and thus lost progress, rewards, achievements etc because Anet restored progress only up to a certain point, will get a free select mount licence

@Randulf.7614 said:Those who logged in during the time on Monday before Anet pulled the servers and lost progress, rewards, achievements etc because Anet restored progress only up to a certain point, will get a free select mount licence

Excuse me?!? :o That's indeed an outrage. :angry: What the heck?!

Since when should ignorance be rewarded? I spent money on such a license. Pfffft.... Perhaps I should just stop buying from the Gem Store again.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:By the way, I've never received a free bonfire... Just saying.

P.S. Didn't they release the new mount skins
after
the server issue had been fixed? I bought it and it's still unlocked on my account, so I'm confused what this mayhem is about, exactly?

Those who logged in during the time on Monday before Anet pulled the servers and thus lost progress, rewards, achievements etc because Anet restored progress only up to a certain point, will get a free select mount licence

My BF got the Mount Licensce and Bonfire like 3 hours ago.I didnt get anything, not even the bonfire.We live together. Only difference is he logged in and saw the chaos, but did the 10 AP dailies on Monday anyway and me on the other hand chose to not log in that day at all.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:They actually lost stuff most likely or had to deal with the angst of will this get fixed. Will I get my stuff/gold back. Yeah you didn't get to play and that was the smart choice but now you deserve the same reward? Sorry man. Take the fact you weren't affected at all in game as a win

Even if you dident login you might have lost stuff like for instance coin for stuff you sold to na people on the trading post.

@Jolanda.1568 said:

P.S. Didn't they release the new mount skins
after
the server issue had been fixed? I bought it and it's still unlocked on my account, so I'm confused what this mayhem is about, exactly?

My BF got the Mount Licensce and Bonfire like 3 hours ago.I didnt get anything, not even the bonfire.We live together. Only difference is he logged in and saw the chaos, but did the 10 AP dailies on Monday anyway and me on the other hand chose to not log in that day at all.

OK, then it sounds like they've started, but not completed the process. It can take a day or so for it to complete such a large scale mail out

i logged in after the issue happend, played for like 2 o 3h and even joined a DS meta event, then they announced the server was going down and kicked all of us. Even with that, i saw like an hour ago ppl getting the licenses, so far nothing has come to me.

They should cut their losses and send out the compensation to all players, whether they logged in over the weekend or not.

Will some people get an item even if they weren't intending to play? Sure. Will it affect me in any way that someone got a mount skin for free? Absolutely not. Will it placate players who lost progress and items AND people who saw the alerts and missed days of SAB progression and dailies while waiting patiently to hear from the company? Yeah, boy.

Compensating broadly is a much better alternative to this needless division and the idea that you only deserve an apology if you walked past the caution tape. Make a good faith move, ArenaNet.

We were told not to log in to avoid possible data corruption, so I did. Whatever the way you put it, I lost progress too, I lost the things I could have do IG if there were no server issues.

Some did log in anyway and duped items, some were not aware. They will get the free mount skin. Those who listened will not receive the free skin.

It's like giving a 100$ to someone driving drunk or who hasn't seen the speed limit sign.

@manddras.1794 said:

We were told not to log in to avoid possible data corruption, so I did. Whatever the way you put it, I lost progress too, I lost the things I could have do IG if there were no server issues.

Some did log in anyway and duped items, some were not aware. They will get the free mount skin. Those who listened will not receive the free skin.

It's like giving a 100$ to someone driving drunk or who hasn't seen the speed limit sign.

Who told you not to log in to avoid data corruption?

@Randulf.7614 said:

Iirc it was being said by some on the forums.

What sensible player would continue playing a game where they know the data is incorrect or missing, and is most likely going to be corrected.

@Azala Yar.7693 said:

What sensible player would continue playing a game where they know the data is incorrect or missing, and is most likely going to be corrected.

There will have been a lot of people who wouldn't have known until they logged in and started playing and perhaps not noticed straight away. Plus the discovery was only made by people playing in the game - so there will have been a lot of people losing progress without immediately realising it at first until the news spread. And even then, there's no way of knowing how far that info spread because we know the forums do not account for the largest portion of the playerbase. If I had logged in, it prob would have taken me a while to notice my achievements weren't right and that some things from the weekend had gone. Luckily, I am 100% restored now.

So people lost time and progress through no fault of their own - at least in the early part of the situation.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. I think Anet will bow under the pressure of feedback anyway. I don't think that is something they should do, but I do think they will do it regardless.

@"Mil.3562" said:The EU players get a free expensive gem store item, the NA players got promotional free gifts like for example, the GW2 logo outfit (which btw is supposed to be launch exclusive only) under the bubble tea promotions. What do we Asian and SEA players get?

If any sea players were playing in EU region during the mentioned period (which I disagree with, it should just be given to all in EU region imo as long as they logged in fri-mon period) they would receive the "compensation" gifts. As far as NA region players go, they were not at all affected by the rollbacks, server downtime, missed game time, server instabilities, login issues, d/c, etc so they did not receive anything, their game time was normal as usual (aside from the server lags that's been going on for some time now). Sea players are either EU or NA region.

@Randulf.7614 said:

There will have been a lot of people who wouldn't have known until they logged in and started playing and perhaps not noticed straight away. Plus the discovery was only made by people playing in the game - so there will have been a lot of people losing progress without immediately realising it at first until the news spread. And even then, there's no way of knowing how far that info spread because we know the forums do not account for the largest portion of the playerbase. If I had logged in, it prob would have taken me a while to notice my achievements weren't right and that some things from the weekend had gone. Luckily, I am 100% restored now.

So people lost time and progress through no fault of their own - at least in the early part of the situation.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. I think Anet will bow under the pressure of feedback anyway. I don't think that is something they should do, but I do think they will do it regardless.

Any player that plays daily should have noticed not only that it would have been talked about enough in-game. I noticed on the character page I could see it was a roll-back before I even entered the game. Spent about a minute in-game didn't even bother to take the daily reward as that most likely would have been lost when they corrected the data.

Guess you are only lucky to not have lost any progression and that you are only "missing" a skin, which has no effect on actual gameplay and gives other players no advantage over yourself. The skin and the booster are a form of compensation on what people lost and can't get back, if you did not log in, you did not lost any of your already made progress, so there is nothing to be compensated.