Server Maintenance Reward is super unfair

@semtano.8035 said:Automatic response 4 time within 2 days. Nice support. I had some issue in the past and they were always really helpful. But now they posted on a forum that I should contact support team for help and support not even willing to help. They just copy/paste forum news to me every time. And I just want my weapon what I've drop, and lost it because if server issue

Was it 4 automated responses to the SAME ticket or did you create 4 separate tickets?

The fact that you think that they can just magically give you your item back within a few hours without actually investigating is baffling.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't enter the game due to a server error and patiently waited, worried, wasting the time I wanted to spend on SAB, and finally! I didn’t get the mount license and even bonfire. But those players who logged in just for a minute in that period did receive compensation. "Thanks" ArenaNet. I think this is not fair. All players who played past 3 days should receive compensation cause of server problems and etc. I don't want to play further because of this.

I also agree it is unfair since the official statement was "Don't Login"!!!! (lol)

You should send the selection license to all those who had logged in Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Those who work in the morning and they haven't logged in Monday morning to afternoon and also waited in frond of their screens for the maintenance are ppl who also support you.It's unfair to them not to get that selection licence.

I'm not speaking for myself, I got it, but I have many friends who were waiting hours for your maintenance.You should reward them also with something good and not with this ridiculous Bonfire(sic!).Cmon Anet. You can do better.

P.S: If i can express my feelings everyone deserves it, even ppl who had login over the last month, but it's not up to me....

It's super unfair, I warned guild members about logging in as there was something wrong with the servers and my account had been rolled back. But the compensation is based only been given for the people who logged in "Just to check". That's the wrong message to be sending Anet.

@lordkrall.7241 said:

@semtano.8035 said:Automatic response 4 time within 2 days. Nice support. I had some issue in the past and they were always really helpful. But now they posted on a forum that I should contact support team for help and support not even willing to help. They just copy/paste forum news to me every time. And I just want my weapon what I've drop, and lost it because if server issue

Was it 4 automated responses to the SAME ticket or did you create 4 separate tickets?

The fact that you think that they can just magically give you your item back within a few hours without actually investigating

It was on one ticket. I'm not sending them multiple tickets about one issue, no point.

48hours is a few ? Good to know:DAlso you are the first one who said something about investigation. They are not even willing to tell me will there be any investigation or what.All I've heard from them was (first response) they don't know how they will compensateWhen I told them I don't want compensation, I want my item back they said to wait till they will fix the problem.As soon I've seen on forum a message from them saying problem has been fixed and compensation send, I've asked the again, can I have my item back. And only response was due to rollback issue they sended compensation(they didn't even mentionanything about my item). So I've asked them again, can I have my item back(send them a picture while I was dropping it from mf) and after this one I have a copy/paste from forum about compensation as a replying.

But sure. Defend them more. We are the bad guys. It was whole our fault that server roled back to 48h before. They was so kind to fix this. So we should be happy and not even ask any question

I never post here or am upset about things in the game but this is really unfair. I did not login because there were obviously problems and it was unclear if playing would make things worse or not. I did not know if any progress made would be lost, would be recovered or what else could happen. I also did not want to make things worse neither by connecting (more stress on server) so did not login. My compensation is; nothing

Not to mention waiting for hours to hear any reaction from Anet. Yes, I know, they were asleep. That is off course more important then attending a mayor problem affecting your EU customer base.

Wrote a lot more but will probably get banned if I post that :-)

@"darksome.1697" said:

1. You and some friends decide to go on a holiday. You can't take the same plane as them, because you have to work that day, so you decide they should go on an earlier flight because they can, and you will join them later taking another plane. They go to the airport in the morning while you're at work, and find out that their plane is delayed. So they sit around at the airport all day, while you're working. The airline can't seem to fix the plane, so they contact everyone on later flights to let them know they shouldn't go to the airport because they won't be able to fly that day. Since you're still at work, you decide to go home after work and finally when there's no more news, go to sleep. Your friends however who has been stuck at the airport all day, gets compensation for this. The airline gives them a free dinner and a hotel room for the night. The next day, you show up at the airport because now the plane is fixed so you can travel. The airline decides everyone should get a free meal on the plane because everyone was affected by this delay. Now, you get offended by this free meal "reward" because your friends got a free dinner and a free night at a hotel, demanding to get a free dinner and a night at a hotel too. Really?

Actually, you show up for your flight but there are no planes at all. You keep showing the ticket desk your ticket and the person at the desk keeps saying "Sorry. Our system is offline. The planes are all grounded. You'll just have to keep trying." A whole lot of other people are there with you, also with tickets. You all have a festival you're attending that is going to be ending the next day (SAB), and you have things you are wanting to get from the festival before it shuts down.You keep trying... you keep waving your tickets... and the system stays offline for the day... The festival is gone by the time you catch your flight.

@"Naxos.2503" said:I dont care about a compensation in itself, but if they're given one, it seem a discrepancy of a Superior item that is desirable for a behaviour that is considered reckless, compared to people who wisely opted out getting a minor item, seems misguided to me. Give everyone the same thing, be it small or big, hence why I mentionned earlier the best compensation they could do was to Simply extended SAB a couple of days to avoid players missing out before it ends.

This. I got the bonfire and the mount licence, and I'm still annoyed by how unfair it is. I'm not complaining that I got something, I'm puzzled by why not everyone did.

The way I read the announcement, they are compensating for the inconvenience caused by the rollback, but NOT for the dowtime itself. So, if you didn't log in, you weren't affected, because downtime doesn't count. Flawless logic, right ?

Quite frankly, the rollback itself doesn't bother me. Kitten happens. They fixed it, so I'm fine with that. However, not being able to play for something like 2 days, while I'm being confined home because of a world wide pandemic, yeah, that's annoying. And people who didn't log in to avoid messing things up even more were indeed affected too.

Now just to clarify something : loging in wasn't "reckless" if it was done prior to the rollback itself. I was doing my dailies, just had killed the mega destroyer in Mount Maelstrom because it happened to be on by the time I got there, BAM, server crash, I'm back in Lion's Arch 3 days before. Couldn't have been anticipated, and I believe THAT is what is "compensated" here.

All my progress was restored and that gave me a nice new mount skin, so in the end I'm fine with that. But really, why almost 2 days of downtime didn't result in everyone getting a new mount skin is beyond me. If I wanted players to riot, I wouldn't proceed any differently.

@Kasemdria.7138 said:

@"darksome.1697" said:
  1. You and some friends decide to go on a holiday. You can't take the same plane as them, because you have to work that day, so you decide they should go on an earlier flight because they can, and you will join them later taking another plane. They go to the airport in the morning while you're at work, and find out that their plane is delayed. So they sit around at the airport all day, while you're working. The airline can't seem to fix the plane, so they contact everyone on later flights to let them know they shouldn't go to the airport because they won't be able to fly that day. Since you're still at work, you decide to go home after work and finally when there's no more news, go to sleep. Your friends however who has been stuck at the airport all day, gets compensation for this. The airline gives them a free dinner and a hotel room for the night.
    The next day, you show up at the airport because now the plane is fixed so you can travel.
    The airline decides everyone should get a free meal on the plane because everyone was affected by this delay. Now, you get offended by this free meal "reward" because your friends got a free dinner and a free night at a hotel, demanding to get a free dinner and a night at a hotel too. Really?

Actually, you show up for your flight but there are no planes at all. You keep showing the ticket desk your ticket and the person at the desk keeps saying "Sorry. Our system is offline. The planes are all grounded. You'll just have to keep trying." A whole lot of other people are there with you, also with tickets. You all have a festival you're attending that is going to be ending the next day (SAB), and you have things you are wanting to get from the festival before it shuts down.You keep trying... you keep waving your tickets... and the system stays offline for the day... The festival is gone by the time you catch your flight.

Yes, and for that missed "potential playtime", you get a bonfire as compensation.

I guess this is what the world gets when it started rewarding kids for failing, because you know, can't upset kids. Now they've grown up, still expecting to be rewarded for things they haven't even done. Hey that guy that got hit by a car got 100.000 in damages, not fair. I could potentially have been hit by that car too!

@"darksome.1697" said:

Yes, and for that missed "potential playtime", you get a bonfire as compensation.

I guess this is what the world gets when it started rewarding kids for failing, because you know, can't upset kids. Now they've grown up, still expecting to be rewarded for things they haven't even done. Hey that guy that got hit by a car got 100.000 in damages, not fair. I could potentially have been hit by that car too!

This is not a reward. It is compensation. Part of the things disrupted was the downtime, the rollback, people seeing their weekend progress disappear, people seeing their progress on Monday disappear, people losing access to SAB and the dailies that SAB brought, people who had raid schedules for Monday, etc. Anyone who was active over the weekend and Monday, or was trying to login over the downtime were affected. It's neither here nor there. If there is going to be compensation, it should be for anyone in that group, because one way or another they were affected.

@Zulvio.4520 said:

@Cronos.6532 said:<snip, nevermind> 10char10char

If you edit your post you should leave original text in it. Especially when you quote someone.But I understand, you where ashamed to admit that you where wrong . Next time just get your facts right before you jump into an argument.

No, there's just no delete function on the forum; it's common practice to snip the contents of your post on forums that disallow deletion, especially if one hadn't been quoted yet. I wasn't really wrong, I just changed my opinion based on an understanding. I realized this within a few minutes of posting, so it's plenty fine.

I agree on this. There was a lot of panic when the rollback happened because we all "lost" 3 days of progress and nobody knew if this was going to be fixed or not. We warned a lot of guildies via discord to stay away from the game (In the hope that they would not loose anything). And now they are kinda getting punished by not getting the free "Curious Creature Mount Select License".

Keep in mind that every active EU had to wait a loooong time for the shutdown to end. That alone is worth a decent compension (Imo)...

I think every player which got problems with Rollback over the weekend AND wasnt able to play the SAB to end or Gw2 at all FOR OVER A DAY should receive the Mount skin.What about players that took free just for enjoying last days of the SAB? Should they just have get the panic from sunday for over 48hours to get a full rollback? Plus wasting their time waiting for the servers to come back?

This isnt fair at all. I know people that take this stuff as a serious reason to quit gw2 and i can fully understand them.(even though i got the full compensation)

...not to mention all the other problems that hurt gw2 bad ....like server problems at all...

@"hertigknut.8475" said:Only players that are actually affected are the ones that played on Monday and lost their progress.

Can you stop crying over everything , no matter what they do there is always someone feeling entitled to free items.

who are you to decide whether some one is "crying" or just thinks something is unfair? But if you can assume I can assume you stood still in lion´s arch, asking what was happening and look, you get a skin for "lost progress"

@Virdo.1540 said:I think every player which got problems with Rollback over the weekend AND wasnt able to play the SAB or Gw2 at all FOR OVER A DAY should receive the Mount skin.

I know if I had a choice on compensation, it would have been to have the lost days of SAB given by extending it for the duration of the time lost to rollback/downtime, but that's me personally. I already have tons of mount skins, and whilst another one is great to get, the SAB time loss was sad. I feel for anyone who did Tribulation mode and lost tokens for that or fell short with tokens due to the interruption! I was lucky to have wrapped up my Tribulation modes on Saturday!

I appreciate the compensation but felt everyone on the EU servers should get a mount skin.

Anyone that made any kind of progress during the time it was rolled back was affected. Anyone that could not login during 11-May was affected. Anyone that was again hit by the issue on 12-May was affected (yes no one is talking about it, but on 12th there was also issues).

Does all these people deserve an amazing skin? No.Are any of these people entitled to free stuff? No.Are we all mad? Yes.Will this stop many of these people from using the store for the next weeks, months? Yes.Are people afraid to do progress and\or use the store and lose stuff? Yes.

It all comes down to one thing; Is Anet concerned?