Has Condi Scourge become useless?

Ashantara.8731

@lare.5129 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Eh. I still use it for soloing HoT Hero points, so I can't complain.This is very separate thing, how class is usable, friendly, and powered and top mainstream meta (it can be not usable for commons, not friendly, and absolutely NOT good to do hot points )So discussion here about mainstream pve top meta, but not how fine open map or etc.

Nowhere was mainsteram pve top meta mentioned in the original post, just PvE. HoT Hero points are pve.

@Lahmia.2193 said:HoT Hero points are pve.hero point is pve only for beginners. Pve is only raids and fractals. I am not sure that we can assign strike as pve part... Till moment than sc or dt will apply biuld on that is is part of ow, not more.OpenWorld is OpenWorld , but not pve.

@lare.5129 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:HoT Hero points are pve.hero point is pve only for beginners. Pve is only raids and fractals. I am not sure that we can assign strike as pve part... Till moment than sc or dt will apply biuld on that is is part of ow, not more.OpenWorld is OpenWorld , but not pve.

PvE encompasses all that isn't WvW or PvP. And as OP has said, he was talking about open world/story pve.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I was referring to common PvE (open world, story), not Strike Missions, Raids, or Fractals in particular. Kodan farm only works because of Epidemic and the multitude of Condi Scourges. I finished it super fast with a normal squad, though, so the whole "all Condi Scourge squad" thing is just the latest rage rather than a true necessity. It works just fine without.

@"KrHome.1920" said:There is no point in playing DPS Scourge. Necro looks like this now:

• Core - Bunker (useless in PvE)
  • Reaper - DPS (only 31k DPS but very forgiving)
  • Scourge - Support (one of the best supporters available: tons of healing, barrier, condi cleanse and might generation for the team)

Healing Scourge:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwEYCNssBGEDkpxMxU/S7VB-zxIYwo+vMSsqqOV15kEK/B-e

Maybe next elite spec will ditch shroud and have scourge like mechanism where you use life force for extra damage ?With a weapon (I wish it to be Longbow) having a good base damage but the Necromancer himself being almost unable to self boon itself.Then in a team its DPS would skyrocket from the Fury/Might/Quickness/Alacrity/Banners/Spotter/Assassin's Presence/Ranger SpiritsWith the traits split into 3 rows : Direct damage row, Condition damage row, Survivability row. So you can build more freely.

Then rework Scourge into a more heal / support spec that can give team wide boons more consistently.

@lare.5129 said:

PvE is anything where you don't fight players but NPCs instead.PvE includes Hearts, Hero Challenge, Events, World Boss, Meta events, Fractals, Raids, Strike Missions.Open World is a subset of PvE.

Open world PvE is vastly different than instanced PvE or any competitive mode. In open world, Necro elite specializations have AoE that has greater efficacy in 1 versus many AI.

Trash mobs are dumb and feed the LF pool at a high rate making Necro shroud so much more effective. For example, consider a Berserker's Reaper with Superior Rune of the Reaper, added chill duration and a full set of shouts. Another example is any flavor of MM.

Necro has good tools for handling trash mobs but people should not confuse that capability with performance in other not-quite-so-casual game aspects.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I see there are still popular Condition Scourge builds out there - but I have noticed that the damage output has grown extremely meager compared to power builds with recent patches. It takes me forever to kill an enemy compared to, let's say, a Power Reaper.

So what's the point in still playing a Condi Scourge in PvE?

• Some raid challenge modes give multiple adds that need clearing through epidemic (deimos/dhuum) so that's where you shine, encounters with multiple adds / mechanics that can be epi'd (meta on soulless horror for the ability to epi the golem) -> Multiple dying adds give shitloads of lifeforce = Spamming shade skills = nice dps increase , only run cscourge when you have other "real" condi dps'ers in your squad.; Wing 1 VG (Seekers can be epi'd and give life force) - Sabetha (Strong kiter - adds (and turrets) can easily be epi'd; Wing 2 Slothazor (Easy slubling clears) - Trio (Everything can be epi'd); Wing 3 Xera (Adds + some extra barrier and allround condi cleanse might help your squad a lot); Wing 4 Mursaat (Statues duhh); Wing 5 Soulless horror (Epi the incoming golem and epi-cleave the wurms in the meantime); Kodans strikeEtc etc..