What is even the point of playing power mesmer?

Lincolnbeard.1735

@"Blood Lord.5687" said:Being a power mesmer main since shatters original inception, with easily 10k mesmer games. It’s truly safe to assume the classes you mentioned are garbage in comparison unless the player is actually good. Assuming you(whoever) has the quick reactions to mesmer and can find the mesmer in all the chaos before you die. Then you may fine.. Mesmers whole theme is to confuse you whilst stopping you from using abilities and punishing you for doing so when I specifically told you not to. Innately, if the Mesmer is good, the mesmer should have shut down any of those classes from sustaining. Thus ending the fight there. But There are things that prevent a good mesmer from doing so, so yes, some of which are basically little to no counterplay things.. which just make a prolonged fight until they have no choice but to succumb.Mesmers to the feeble minded, create confusing clones, their mobility paired with huge rotational bursts make up for lack of sustain. That can be interrupted more often than not.Mesmers do need some love, in the right areas. But when played correctly and actually shattering. Mesmer is quite strong at toying with their enemies before just brutally ending the fight.

Lol. No one good falls for illusions to any reasonable degree that matters, people KNOW who the mesmer is, it's just a matter of targeting (even more so when buffs like signet, which is almost mandatory now; give you away.) On top of which:-AI pathing is exploitable by ANY player.-Many classes (ironically other than mesmer) have strong AoE to simply cleave down illusions.-Those that do not have the luxury of strong AoE, either have large amounts of stealth or an over abundance of defense and sustain.(something one to one as a whole mesmer is lacking compared to the rest of the cast.)-Shatters outside the one GS combo have a large tell, so long as you don't get surrounded by clones- which only bad players do.(because again the pathing is easy to exploit)-Also targeting isn't even that hard, it's not like tab targeting is randomly cycling through, you have a generally good amount of control over what you select by just using that sweet spot in the center of your screen. (this has always functioned even without action camera.)-And not to bring up the AoE point again, but a vast majority of skills in this game cleave; and you are to squishy to take the hit along with your illusion.

Plus lets say a mesmer does manage to confuse a target, or runs the PU core build and tries to burst you. The anticipation skills a player has is the exact same required for Back Stab Thief and Maul Ranger.. and compared to thief Mesmer has a much much shorter burst windows even with PU since BS thief can delay. And ranger gets better passive consistent damage with pet and can stealth every 5 seconds with more on demand evasion, and better health sustain.So if people can deal with that, and consider it balanced, mesmer shouldn't be a problem; and any complaints are a double standard.

Also "long duration on demand Stealth" or "frequently refreshed stealth up time" is just a flat out objectively better defensive/sustainy/mental pressure-y mechanic, than popping paper-mache AIs, and occasion target drops on 30+ second cooldowns.

"Being good" and overcoming a handicap, doesn't justify anything. There are a myriad of double standards and they need to stop.A class/play-style shouldn't have to put in twice the effort for half the reward.

Were mesmer to be buffed in ways that promoted mind games instead of just raw numbers, I would be 100% fine with that. But that has never been the case, and it took them 5 years to even bother to include target drop.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:That might be the reason there are 0 people playing power mesmer at high level and it's been this way since what 1year?wuuuuuuus? babyrage

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Want better burst? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain damage? thief, engie, ranger.Want better mobility? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain? Thief, engie, rangerWant better cc? thief, engie, ranger.

Point is, power mesmer is currently useless trash.

Just admit you screwed up and buff mesmer already.Revert critical infusion, mirror blade, mind wrack and all phantasms.

What's the point in playing condition mesmer for that matter? It's not doing that much better.

During a TeaTime CMC popped into Twitch chat and mentioned that the main plan for PvP mesmer across the board is for it to be like necromancer minions in that they are a thing you can run if you really want but they're not supposed to good in a way that incentivizes them being widely run like a normal profession like before. The current state of Chronomancer isn't an accident or oversight, it's part of their philosophy. Mesmer and Mirage are on their way there. He also mentioned they are planning on nerfing the duration of Portal Entre down to 15 seconds and the cooldown on Signet of Illusions up to 300 seconds. Both those changes are currently in the pipeline but he wasn't sure when they'd go live.

Mesmer isn't meant to be good and it's only going to get worse. This is intentional.

Link plz? Though I don't typically trust potential trolls in chat; I'd want to hear it said in an official capacity, and have it owned up to if this is the case.Though given the state of mesmer, and mirage in particular, I would not be all that surprised.

That said:
if this is true,
where none of that is out of context, and that is the intended design; Would be well deserved to catch the KungFlu and it's swift karate chop to the lung.

Don't have the link and frankly don't care to go digging. It was a stream with TeaPot playing PvP and CMC hopped in and said a few things and answered a few questions sometime around either a week to a week and a half before I made that initial post.

It's true. If it wasn't my post here and in the SPvP forum would have been moderated and removed.

faaaakeee

ooof hopefully. but says a lot that i would not have a hard time to believe it might be true oO

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:That might be the reason there are 0 people playing power mesmer at high level and it's been this way since what 1year?wuuuuuuus?
babyrage

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Want better burst? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain damage? thief, engie, ranger.Want better mobility? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain? Thief, engie, rangerWant better cc? thief, engie, ranger.

Point is, power mesmer is currently useless trash.

Just admit you screwed up and buff mesmer already.Revert critical infusion, mirror blade, mind wrack and all phantasms.

What's the point in playing condition mesmer for that matter? It's not doing that much better.

During a TeaTime CMC popped into Twitch chat and mentioned that the main plan for PvP mesmer across the board is for it to be like necromancer minions in that they are a thing you can run if you really want but they're not supposed to good in a way that incentivizes them being widely run like a normal profession like before. The current state of Chronomancer isn't an accident or oversight, it's part of their philosophy. Mesmer and Mirage are on their way there. He also mentioned they are planning on nerfing the duration of Portal Entre down to 15 seconds and the cooldown on Signet of Illusions up to 300 seconds. Both those changes are currently in the pipeline but he wasn't sure when they'd go live.

Mesmer isn't meant to be good and it's only going to get worse. This is intentional.

Link plz? Though I don't typically trust potential trolls in chat; I'd want to hear it said in an official capacity, and have it owned up to if this is the case.Though given the state of mesmer, and mirage in particular, I would not be all that surprised.

That said:
if this is true,
where none of that is out of context, and that is the intended design; Would be well deserved to catch the KungFlu and it's swift karate chop to the lung.

Don't have the link and frankly don't care to go digging. It was a stream with TeaPot playing PvP and CMC hopped in and said a few things and answered a few questions sometime around either a week to a week and a half before I made that initial post.

It's true. If it wasn't my post here and in the SPvP forum would have been moderated and removed.

faaaakeee

ooof hopefully. but says a lot that i would not have a hard time to believe it might be true oO

Talking about ATs