How do I edit my post? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

How do I edit my post?

Why can't I edit my thread or post whenever I want? Sometimes I make a mistake in my spelling or I may need to UPDATE my topic when something changes. The old Forum was way better because it had basic features like editing a post. So why does this one lack basic features? Please add this ability back! =(

Comments

  • Venguard.2640Venguard.2640 Member ✭✭
    edited September 14, 2017

    Currently, you have 15 minutes from posting to edit your post by clicking the gear in the top right corner of your message. ANet is looking into changing this. Also, there are currently less than 30 posts on this sub forum, which is enough threads to only have one page. There is already a thread that asked this and was answered by ANet. Be sure to double check before posting! Cheers

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/117921#Comment_117921

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey guy -- we're looking into the edit times and plan some changes in the very near future, probably today... probably this morning. ;) I do want to involve all team members in the discussion, but I have a very clear idea of where to go and I believe they will agree, as well. Thanks for the feedback.

    By the way, I have a pretty spiffy guide to the forums, called "How do I..." in the GW2 Discussion section. :)

  • I have Grammarly as an add-on for my browser so it lets me know about spelling and syntax errors before I post with big red lines and a red dot in the lower right-hand corner of the typing field. I had it before the forum change for my own uses but it seems to really come in handy here since there are no real edit capabilities after your 15 minutes are up. Your mileage may vary, but if spelling changes are that concerning that might be a good option for you. Best of luck!

    Death before dishonor. Nothing before coffee.

  • AegisRunestone.8672AegisRunestone.8672 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2017

    Yes, well, edit times are being changed. Soon, Recruits will now have 4 hours, and Members (rank) will have infinite edit times. Gaile and her team made that announcement yesterday. Check page 13 of the New Forums Feedback thread. I would link it, but I'm SOOOOOOO tired of searching for that post I made on page 13 and linking it to everyone who complains about the 15 min limit. XD I feel like it's becoming a job.

    Edit - 1 day later: So, it looks like the changes went through. Recruits, check to see if you've got a 4 hour limit. And Members (you'll have two stars), you should have infinite editing time now. :)

  • @AegisRunestone.8672 said:
    Yes, well, edit times are being changed. Soon, Recruits will now have 4 hours, and Members (rank) will have infinite edit times. Gaile and her team made that announcement yesterday. Check page 13 of the New Forums Feedback thread. I would link it, but I'm SOOOOOOO tired of searching for that post I made on page 13 and linking it to everyone who complains about the 15 min limit. XD I feel like it's becoming a job.

    Don't worry I will take your word for it.
    I believe you.

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Good to know and hopefully they will make even more concessions (like deleting your own posts--no time limit, and remove all edit time restrictions.) It really is over the top draconian tactics when all I really needed was a search function that worked. And time will tell how secure a 3rd party hosting service is.

  • I guess Im not a member yet the star system is confusing...

    King Isk Redlemur, GM of Xtraordinary Slackers [XTRA]/LXS (GW2, SWTOR) ](https://www.xtraordinaryslackersguild.com/ "Xtraordinary Slackers (GW2, SWTOR) ") Recruit thread <-

  • JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EriskRedLemur.7153 said:
    I guess Im not a member yet the star system is confusing...

    Here is what Gaile posted as a requirement for making member status.

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/118549#Comment_118549

    Forum participants achieve "Member" level after just three days of participation and five posts. This means that those of you who joined us yesterday, with the launch of the new forums, will have unlimited forum edit rights Friday morning (Pacific time). Retaining a limit--albeit an increased limit--on new members is helpful because it aligns with our fraud protections, which actually have a 72-hour limitation on some elements related to account functionality.

  • @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

    @EriskRedLemur.7153 said:
    I guess Im not a member yet the star system is confusing...

    Here is what Gaile posted as a requirement for making member status.

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/118549#Comment_118549

    Forum participants achieve "Member" level after just three days of participation and five posts. This means that those of you who joined us yesterday, with the launch of the new forums, will have unlimited forum edit rights Friday morning (Pacific time). Retaining a limit--albeit an increased limit--on new members is helpful because it aligns with our fraud protections, which actually have a 72-hour limitation on some elements related to account functionality.

    THANK YOU!!!