Best location to farm gold in PVE?

this is your best bet: https://gw2timer.com/it has a timer on a lot of the events listed above.i'd nod to pretty much what Irensaga said.despite HoT metas being nerfed through the years, they're still profitable. same to Domain of Istan, if you do it once a day. then you can rotate to other events.fractals are also good gold farming once you reach tier 4. could yield 20-36g, plus mats, in a short 30 mins run daily.

There are some:

1. Auric Basin farm veterans, events + meta when this map have Shiny Bauble reward. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shiny_Bauble) be sure you join farm train, I can sure you when Auric Basin have this reward there will be farm train 100%. This reward switch in HOT maps, but from my opinion only Auric Basin gives best profit.
  2. Dragonfall keys + events + meta farm. Also very big amount of gold from it.
  3. Silverwastes RIBA. You can check it in the article or google it. Also good.

There is a good article about gold farming also https://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:Ways_to_Earn_Gold

My biggest tip is to play whatever you want when you want.

You'll earn gold over time.

What's the point in getting all of the gold and the item you're looking for if you end up burnt out before you get to that point or right as you get it and therefore not get to enjoy your reward?

• Like 1

Bjorra marches is a great place if time for getting gold is time limited most of the things there are just once per day so its a good daily routine without needing to go to SW or Dragonfall. Which on average just from doing the mastery chests there once a day and the drakkar and storms of winter meta its about 150-250 LWS4 currency items per day. So basically its like around 25 gold a day just doing those based on current conversion from volatile magic to gold. Although they kinda need to update the competitive reward tracks too because the final prize is basically 10 shards where 10 mistborn motes costs 75 lol making it the worst reward track to use in the game right now.

• 1 month later...

@"Klypto.1703" said:Although they kinda need to update the competitive reward tracks too because the final prize is basically 10 shards where 10 mistborn motes costs 75 lol making it the worst reward track to use in the game right now.

The Bjora Marches reward track is actually the best reward track in the game at the moment, since it rewards 11 mystic clovers on completion (non-repeatable). Extremely useful for legendary crafting, that's 1/7th the mystic clovers you need right there. In terms of gold, that's 56 gold - which is far more than 50 of any of the LWS4 map currency's worth in gold.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bjora_Marches_Reward_Track#Noteshttps://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~11-19675

Edit reason: attached sources

@Arukayos.1798 said:

@"Klypto.1703" said:Although they kinda need to update the competitive reward tracks too because the final prize is basically 10 shards where 10 mistborn motes costs 75 lol making it the worst reward track to use in the game right now.

The Bjora Marches reward track is actually the best reward track in the game at the moment, since it rewards 11 mystic clovers on completion (non-repeatable). Extremely useful for legendary crafting, that's 1/7th the mystic clovers you need right there. In terms of gold, that's 56 gold - which is far more than 50 of any of the LWS4 map currency's worth in gold.

Its more practical to just vendor those clovers because by the time you look at how much time it takes to be able to convert them to gold you've spent so much time that its then less than 1 gold an hour. If I am wrong about this every player would be doing it but yeah they aren't doing it so it goes back to being the worst reward track..

@Arukayos.1798 said:

Unrepeatable

@Klypto.1703 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:Although they kinda need to update the competitive reward tracks too because the final prize is basically 10 shards where 10 mistborn motes costs 75 lol making it the worst reward track to use in the game right now.

Its more practical to just vendor those clovers because by the time you look at how much time it takes to be able to convert them to gold you've spent so much time that its then less than 1 gold an hour. If I am wrong about this every player would be doing it but yeah they aren't doing it so it goes back to being the worst reward track..

That makes zero sense from an economic standpoint.

First off, every player actively working on legendaries is doing it. Yes, it's a pain to convert it to gold, but if you're working towards literally any legendary, the value saved to time ratio easily justifies it. Gold saved is still gold earned after all, economically speaking.

Also, if it was repeatable, people who craft legendaries for big profits would certainly do it 7 times to save 389g-403g on crafting clovers. As you're probably aware, legendary crafting is one of the most profitable activities in the game, being the highest gold/hour. No other reward track even remotely compares to that kind of cost reduction, and therefore value gained. In other words, no other reward track in the game would reward you with 403g (towards a legendary, therefore instant, all reward tracks take the same amount of time to do) for doing it 7 times. So your math is pretty far off in regards to gold/hour.

I'll break it down in simple economic terms:Legendaries - Highest gold/hour in the game.This reward track x 7 = -403g from Legendary Cost.No other reward track x 7 = -403g from Legendary Cost.Therefore this reward track blows all the others out of the water.

It's a shame it isn't repeatable.

@Arukayos.1798 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:Although they kinda need to update the competitive reward tracks too because the final prize is basically 10 shards where 10 mistborn motes costs 75 lol making it the worst reward track to use in the game right now.

First off, every player actively working on legendaries is doing it. Yes, it's a pain to convert it to gold, but if you're working towards literally any legendary, the value saved to time ratio easily justifies it. Gold saved is still gold earned after all, economically speaking.

Also, if it was repeatable, people who craft legendaries for big profits would certainly do it 7 times to save 389g-403g on crafting clovers. As you're probably aware, legendary crafting is one of the most profitable activities in the game, being the highest gold/hour. No other reward track even remotely compares to that kind of cost reduction, and therefore value gained. In other words, no other reward track in the game would reward you with 403g (towards a legendary, therefore instant, all reward tracks take the same amount of time to do) for doing it 7 times. So your math is pretty far off in regards to gold/hour.

I'll break it down in simple economic terms:Legendaries - Highest gold/hour in the game.This reward track x 7 = -403g from Legendary Cost.No other reward track x 7 = -403g from Legendary Cost.Therefore this reward track blows all the others out of the water.

Yeah I already knew this process and also why I know its not the highest gold/hour in the game. If it were everyone would be doing it to make gold but its more so of a passive way to eventually make some gold. Where you left out dungeon tokens, gift of exploration etc that are also required to do this which after around 150 or more hours of reward track time its under 3 gold per hour before you even get to the other required parts. So decent gold for the legendary flipping person but the person selling those other things its well beneath 1 gold an hour.

@Klypto.1703 said:

Yeah I already knew this process and also why I know its not the highest gold/hour in the game. If it were everyone would be doing it to make gold but its more so of a passive way to eventually make some gold. Where you left out dungeon tokens, gift of exploration etc that are also required to do this which after around 150 or more hours of reward track time its under 3 gold per hour before you even get to the other required parts. So decent gold for the legendary flipping person but the person selling those other things its well beneath 1 gold an hour.

A gift of exploration, with the added mobility provided by mounts, takes a grand total of 6 hours. What you stated was true in 2015, it's not true any more. Also, that part can be skipped by simply buying a gift of mastery - I could leave a link to Guild Wars Trading Company (the highest gold making guild in the game, they do deals worth millions in a month) which specializes in legendary crafting/trading as the ultimate high profit activity.

Simply put, if the reward track gives mystic clovers within X amount of time, and mystic clovers are worth Y value, and the method of using them is the most profitable activity in the game, then Y value is obtained. Basic economics, I really don't have to explain this further. Literally every baron lists crafting legendaries as the highest gold/hour activity in the game, the biggest money-making guild specializes in it, I don't really know what to say other than letting my sources prove my point. The entry barrier is the investment cost, which is why not "everyone" is doing it, but everyone sitting on massive amounts of account value is certainly doing it.

Here are a few sources:http://www.tpguild.com/ (Link to discord, feel free to ask around)youtube.com/watch?v=a4YRG0-iTyw&t=16m44s (cellofrag, a popular TP baron's, guide on making gold with a timestamp at 16:58 on legendary crafting being the highest gold/hour activity in the game)