An overlooked CC skill that still does big damage

Momekic.8603

Hey Devs,In the big balance patch earlier this year, you balanced CC skills so they don't do damage.

Can you please take a look at an overlooked Trait that makes a CC skill do fairly large damage still: Terror (Necromancer - Curses - Master slot).

I am not saying it shouldn't do any damage, but since it is a CC skill it should definitely be balanced like the rest of the CC skills and have its damage reduced. It is doing too much damage per second in relation to the other CC skills that have been nerfed.

Will quote myself from another thread:

@"DartsFab.5367" said:It's the same as any other skill that applying condition on CC. For example https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Bullet - 2s of stun, 3s of confusion, although for fear you need stunbreak or cleanse, but in the second case you need both.

Of course they technically can replace it with applying some condition, like torment, but that wouldn't make things different.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@"Momekic.8603" said:It is doing too much damage per second in relation to the other CC skills that have been nerfed.

It's numerically almost perfectly aligned with the damage you can get from a similar trait like
actually.

lightning rod: about 2k dmg per disable (not even interrupt)

terror: 1k damage per second of fear

from a pvp standpoint lightning rod deals more damage because it procs far more often and has far less counterplay (on top of applying weakness). in a normal duel (core terrormancer vs. DF-Weaver) I'd say it deals twice to three times as much damage as terror.

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:I'd say it deals twice to three times as much damage as terror.Only if it crits. The base coefficients end up being more or less more the same.

0.95 with 1050 power vs 0.4 + 444 on 1200 condi dmg

And while anecdotal, if you fight a core terror nec and a LR ele in a duel and lose you're generally going to see the same amount of damage from terror and LR in the death report. Which is somewhere in the ballpark of 5k-10k damage if you hit it often.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:I'd say it deals twice to three times as much damage as terror.Only if it crits. The base coefficients end up being more or less more the same.

And while anecdotal, if you fight a core terror nec and a LR ele in a duel and lose you're generally going to see the same amount of damage from terror and LR in the death report. Which is somewhere in the ballpark of 5k-10k damage if you hit it often.

LR is easier to proc and has far less counterplay. If you eat 10k fear from a necro you got seriously outplayed while 10k LR from an ele it is not so much you can do about on a low stability class.

that even ignoring the weakness

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

LR is easier to proc and has far less counterplay. If you eat 10k fear from a necro you got seriously outplayed while 10k LR from an ele it is not so much you can do about on a low stability class.

that even ignoring the weakness

LR is a melee focused build while fear necro can apply almost all of its damage at long ranges. LR should do more damage and has more counterplay. Notably you can distance yourself from an LR ele and avoid most damage, while the same isn't really an option vs necro.

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:LR is easier to procEh I mean they're about the same. But sort of no. You press staff 5/doom/spec wall and they get feared.Weaver presses any of the 6 or so cc skills they have and you get a lightning strike. I'd argue since like half of the CCs are dual attacks you probably have to expend a bit more effort to get access to them.

@Ryan.9387 said:LR has more counterplayThis ain't right tho. LR objectively has less counterplay than Fear. LR has staying ranged and stability to counter it. Fear has stunbreaks, stability, resistance, cleanse and transfer to counter it.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Ryan.9387 said:LR has more counterplayThis ain't right tho. LR objectively has less counterplay than Fear. LR has staying ranged and stability to counter it. Fear has stunbreaks, stability, resistance, cleanse and transfer to counter it.

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate but technically any block and power damage invuln stop LR.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate but technically any block and power damage invuln stop LR.

Blocks also negate non-unblockable fears like core shroud #3, reaper shroud #3, scourge shroud #4. Also, invuls normally have stunbreak on it which cleanses the fear because it works as a CC and even if they didnt, invuls also make you not take condi damage now(not talking about the ones you said), so, still better having a normal CC than a fear.because there are so many ways to avoid it.