Gift of Battle

Hello! I would like to share a little bit of my code in Guild Wars 2 with you. I'm here specifically to discuss an idea I had about purchasing the "Gift of Battle" item. As I had previously posted here on the forum regarding the acquisition of my first legendary weapon, I had lost 200 mystic coins (I turned 230 mystic coins to get only 30 mystic clovers, but I'm gradually recovering from that). But now another wall has appeared on my journey (it seems that the more I try to find the strength to craft my legendary weapon, the more I find problems and reasons to give up). I had already said that I am not familiar with going to WVW for a sad reason. See the reason:https://youtu.be/88YaeunhZNINote that I'm playing ranger (soulbeast) to try to facilitate the gameplay, but even so it is impossible to play.It's super difficult to get this Gift of Battle, that's when I thought: "Why is there only one way to get this item? Why not create another way to get this item?"I beg you, please give us another way to get the Gift of Battle, because the WVW system is too heavy and inaccessible to me. It doesn't have to be easy and simple, but if there was another way to get this item, it would make it easier for many players like me and it would not cause a wave of anger, disappointment and stress. Thanks for listening!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200++ mystic coins is a lot of gold even now in the current market. just play at your own pace, join a zerg in primetimes or learn to solo karma train ppt (level 6) WvW (and use all the reward track boosters | "do the counters for boosters still stop when you exit wvw?") @ offtimes and the clovers will just come naturally, assuming that the acquisition of the thing that you need the mystic clovers for is not that urgent.

I do not see this changing. They used to be on vendors way back when the gift of exploration was tied to WvW map completion. They cost about 500 badges of honor. If i remember correctly.

If you are looking for the fastest easiest solution I suggest you try this. Load up on WvW Reward Track Boosters if you have them. This will help your reward track much faster. Max out your participation to tier 6 some how some way. I suggest follow a zerg just for a little while. Once you have worked your way up to Tier 6 go to your servers boarder lands or Eternal Battlegrounds and run yaks from the nearest camps back to your keep. If the camp has flipped wait around and take it back when you can, basically 5 min after it was captured by the other server. Every successful Yak run will refresh your participation to 5 min which is more than enough time to get to the next yak an run it back. If you flip the camp it will refresh your participation to 10 minutes which will give you a little break. Do this until you finish your reward track.

Keep in mind this is not the most fun way to get it but it is the path with the least resistance. Sure you may encounter some roamers in camps here and there but if that happens just go to the other camp on the other side of your map closest to your keep.

I run boosters constantly in WvW and I finish up a reward track every 4 to 5 hours.

Have fun!

Eh, WvW seems overwhelming but there's a lot of things you can do to get that reward track meter rolling. I pretty much abhor all sorts of PvP content so I just hung around repairing stuff and whatnot, and got there through sheer perseverance. You don't have to run around trying to kill people.

Note that this sort of behavior is generally frowned upon by HARDCORE WvW players and they whine about it occasionally but who cares what they think?

People have asked for 8 years and it will not change because legendaries were meant to cross modes.

Remember - you have one item to get wvw done in and the reward track now is actually easier to get the gift than back in the day when pve players grinded kills or the wvw JPs for tokens. WvW players often find themselves crossing into pve to get things for precursor collections.

Try and do it a bit at a time - don't do it in a grind or it'll feel worse if you hate wvw. Boosts, dailies - all there to help you do it in doses

The problem is only this: you have now done evrything else, now lets get the Gift of Battle as fast as possible. That leads to your current frustration.Instead: Always do some WvW-dailies, most often they are faster done than PvE dailies.If you do that you will have 2-3 Gift of Battle in your bank when you the next time need one.

slap some boosters on yourself, avoid other players, do whatever events you can, and just do the bare minimum to keep the rewards flowing in.

but honestly i really wish it would get changed. nobody really benefits from the current arrangement. people who enjoy wvw have to deal with presence of players who have zero interest in being there, and people who hate wvw have to torture themselves just to get the gift of battle. my own experiences from wvw when i was getting my gift of battle were so awful that i basically feel nauseous just from thinking about wvw.

@"lummuss.6850" said:Hello! I would like to share a little bit of my code in Guild Wars 2 with you. I'm here specifically to discuss an idea I had about purchasing the "Gift of Battle" item. As I had previously posted here on the forum regarding the acquisition of my first legendary weapon, I had lost 200 mystic coins (I turned 230 mystic coins to get only 30 mystic clovers, but I'm gradually recovering from that). But now another wall has appeared on my journey (it seems that the more I try to find the strength to craft my legendary weapon, the more I find problems and reasons to give up). I had already said that I am not familiar with going to WVW for a sad reason. See the reason:https://youtu.be/88YaeunhZNINote that I'm playing ranger (soulbeast) to try to facilitate the gameplay, but even so it is impossible to play.It's super difficult to get this Gift of Battle, that's when I thought: "Why is there only one way to get this item? Why not create another way to get this item?"I beg you, please give us another way to get the Gift of Battle, because the WVW system is too heavy and inaccessible to me. It doesn't have to be easy and simple, but if there was another way to get this item, it would make it easier for many players like me and it would not cause a wave of anger, disappointment and stress. Thanks for listening!

An 8 hour (without buffs) reward track vs the GoE which minimally is 20-25 hours of game play.

How about... No

That's some painful low FPS in WvW man..

I'm not sure if what you're experiencing is the lag issues that people have been complaining about for a while now or if it's just that your computer is struggling to handle so much going on.

I can offer some advise though.If it's possible for you, try and get on WvW during low population hours.This was one of the main reasons I didn't come across the horrendous lag others were talking about.If you can do that then complete as many easy dailies as you can for a couple of weeks, Capturing Monuments, Camps, killing Guards, Defending locations.. these are all really easy to do and sometimes so are Capturing Towers and Keeps if there are small groups or Coms running around.The dailies will reward you with potions of WvW exp that will help you complete reward tracks.You can also get the WvW exp buff from your Guildhall too if you have access to the right vendor, this also helps complete it faster.

I started doing dailies in WvW a little while back and hording the Potions so i'll never have to worry about Gifts of Battle again, honestly I misjudged just how easy they are to get with this method.Atm I have 2 gifts sitting in my bank and over 300 Poitons.. and that's only going to keep going up due to how rarely I need the gifts >.<I've actually started casually completing different reward tracks now just because there are armour and weapon skins in them I don't have.I expect regular WvW players probably have hundreds of gifts and thousands of potions saved away for a rainy day.. probably the reason why Anet never made Gifts of Battle tradable which I would completely understand now.They'd be practically worthless on the TP most likely.. where as the Gift of exploration would probably cost hundreds of gold.

The trend that I'm seeing is that you'll get to the next step, not like it, and will create another thread about it. Gift of Exploration? Gift of Fortune? Acquiring a precursor? A legendary is not supposed to be something easy to get and it appears Anet has intended players to have to play all game modes in order to acquire one unless they buy one off the TP.

@Excursion.9752 said:I do not see this changing. They used to be on vendors way back when the gift of exploration was tied to WvW map completion. They cost about 500 badges of honor. If i remember correctly.

There was also a point where you needed rank 14 to purchase. In a way that is worse than the current reward track since getting rank 14 could take longer than the 8 hours for a reward track(without any sort of boost) but that depends on how many you needed.

@"lummuss.6850" said:Hello! I would like to share a little bit of my code in Guild Wars 2 with you. I'm here specifically to discuss an idea I had about purchasing the "Gift of Battle" item. As I had previously posted here on the forum regarding the acquisition of my first legendary weapon, I had lost 200 mystic coins (I turned 230 mystic coins to get only 30 mystic clovers, but I'm gradually recovering from that). But now another wall has appeared on my journey (it seems that the more I try to find the strength to craft my legendary weapon, the more I find problems and reasons to give up). I had already said that I am not familiar with going to WVW for a sad reason. See the reason:https://youtu.be/88YaeunhZNINote that I'm playing ranger (soulbeast) to try to facilitate the gameplay, but even so it is impossible to play.It's super difficult to get this Gift of Battle, that's when I thought: "Why is there only one way to get this item? Why not create another way to get this item?"I beg you, please give us another way to get the Gift of Battle, because the WVW system is too heavy and inaccessible to me. It doesn't have to be easy and simple, but if there was another way to get this item, it would make it easier for many players like me and it would not cause a wave of anger, disappointment and stress. Thanks for listening!Why not show us a similar recording of you at Chak Gerent...or Dragonfall...or Tarir?You don't need to be in a zerg to get your GoB. Being in a group does not speed up reward track gain...go solo it on an empty Borderland.

it's not that I don't like WVW, I just think it would be interesting if I had another way to get the Gift of Battle. Because the WVW system is the only one in the game that I can't play, whenever I encounter crowds (an average of 20 players), my game crashes completely. Different in some maps of season 4 (which is often up to 8 fps). There should be another way to acquire this, even if it costs time, money, skills, but it is accessible and lightweight for any player. I believe that many cannot even play on WVW for the same reason (it requires a lot of the computer).

@"lummuss.6850" said:it's not that I don't like WVW, I just think it would be interesting if I had another way to get the Gift of Battle. Because the WVW system is the only one in the game that I can't play, whenever I encounter crowds (an average of 20 players), my game crashes completely. Different in some maps of season 4 (which is often up to 8 fps). There should be another way to acquire this, even if it costs time, money, skills, but it is accessible and lightweight for any player. I believe that many cannot even play on WVW for the same reason (it requires a lot of the computer).In your own post you admit to getting unplayable frame rates on S4 PvE maps, and then you say "the WVW system is the only one in the game that I can't play".Pick one.

The current method of getting the Gift of Battle is fine as it currently is. I'm not a big fan of WvW or Pvp in this game, but I still do them to get these items, do to the fact that legendaries in a sense show mastery of the game as a whole and not just a particular part of it. That's why legendaries are mostly just cosmetic and just as powerful as an ascended item. They are meant to be made over time; not to be rushed. Take your time getting this Gift and by the time you make that legendary, it will feel much more rewarding.

The only gifts I personally think need to be changed are the map completion gifts or they should release a gift that can be bought with in-game currency that is character bound, which can only be bought with a character that has finished the map completion. That's coming from a player that mostly plays one character, but that is a discussion for another day. So just do WvW little by little, do the big spender daily when it appears, and you will get it eventually. Struggle through it and it will feel much more rewarding.

@Fang Wolfika.6820 said:The only gifts I personally think need to be changed are the map completion gifts or they should release a gift that can be bought with in-game currency that is character bound, which can only be bought with a character that has finished the map completion.So you think there should be the capability to earn credit for Map completes without Map completing?lol... please... start a thread and convince me.

@Fang Wolfika.6820 said:The current method of getting the Gift of Battle is fine as it currently is. I'm not a big fan of WvW or Pvp in this game, but I still do them to get these items, do to the fact that legendaries in a sense show mastery of the game as a whole and not just a particular part of it. That's why legendaries are mostly just cosmetic and just as powerful as an ascended item. They are meant to be made over time; not to be rushed. Take your time getting this Gift and by the time you make that legendary, it will feel much more rewarding.

The only gifts I personally think need to be changed are the map completion gifts or they should release a gift that can be bought with in-game currency that is character bound, which can only be bought with a character that has finished the map completion. That's coming from a player that mostly plays one character, but that is a discussion for another day. So just do WvW little by little, do the big spender daily when it appears, and you will get it eventually. Struggle through it and it will feel much more rewarding.

If buying gift of exploration is fine in your eyes then why is not the others like for example gift of battle fine aswell?

If your FPS is that low you should consider an addon to increase it.

You didn't say your operating system so I'll assume Windows, where you can use either dx12pxy or D9VK addons with GW2 to get about double the FPS if your hardware supports either DX12 or Vulkan, respectively.

Also, play around with the settings alot. Don't just assume that "Low" will always be better on a setting. Different graphics cards are optimised for different things, and some are terribly optimised for old tech, so you can actually get worse FPS by lowering settings.

As for Gift of Battle, you'll rarely encounter other players with EoTM. Just take a few guildmates and do PvE there.