NEW SKILLS for EXISTING SKILL TYPES

Bunny.9834

I was just thinking about the "missing" skills for the existing core skill types. So here's my take.

Guardian:

• Consecration - Healing Circle. Heal Skill. 1s C, 30s CD. Consecrate the target area healing allies inside and granting regeneration. Pulses: 3. 

• Consecration - Strength of Honor. Elite Skill. 1s C, 45s CD. Summon a powerful ground spell that grants offensive boons to allies. Pulses: 8. Boons = Might, Fury, and Quickness. Combo Field: Light

• Spirit Weapon - Staff of Purity. Heal Skill. 3/4s C, 25s CD (ammo recharge). Order the Staff of Purity to Heal you and cleanse conditions on allies. Ammo: 2.

• Spirit Weapon - Axes of Retribution. Elite Skill. 1/2s C, 90s CD (ammo recharge). Will the Axes of Retribution to attack the area and grant Might and Fury to allies. Finishes the target downed foe. Ammo: 2.

Warrior:

• Stance - Bonetti’s Stance. Elite Skill. 0s C, 20s CD. Stun Break. Evade attacks for 2 seconds. Gain protection, vigor, and resolution if you successfully evade an attack.

• Banner - Banner of Recovery. Heal Skill. 1s C, 30s CD. Duration 6s. Initially heals you when you summon. Grants regeneration to allies. Picking up the banner reduces the recharge of this skill (10 seconds recharge reduction)

• Shout - “Find Their Weakness!”. Elite Skill. 0s C, 5s CD. Next attack by allies inflicts 2 stacks of Vulnerability, Weakness, Cripple and is increased by 25% and is unblockable. Affects up to 5 allies.  Ammo: 2, Count Recharge 25. 

Revenant:

• None since revenant skills are always a complete set based on Legends.

Engineer:

• Gadget - Metal Plate Coating. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 45s CD. Duration: 5s. You are immune to critical hits and gain protection and resolution for 5 seconds. Breaks Stun.

 Tool Belt: Deploy Metal Reinforcement. 3s C, 75s CD. For 3 seconds envelop yourself in a metallic shield becoming invulnerable. You cannot move or use skills. Prevents capture-point contribution.

Ranger:

• Trap - Dust Trap. Elite Skill. 1/2s C, 60s CD. Set a trap that pulses blindness, weakness and dazes when triggered. Reveals stealthed foes. Pulses: 4.

• Signet - Antidote Signet. Heal Skill. 1s C, 30s CD.

 Passive: Damaging conditions you receive have reduced duration (25%). (Poison, Bleeding, Torment, Burning, Confusion)

 Active: Heal and remove condition from you and your pet. 

• Signet - Signet of Energizing Wind. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 40s CD

 Passive: Improves endurance regeneration by 50%. Remove condition when you evade.

 Active: Refills all endurance, grants vigor (10s), swiftness (20s), superspeed (3s) and quickness (3s). Breaks stuns.

Thief:

• Preparation - Prepare Shadow Nexus. Heal Skill. 1s C, 30s CD. Heal yourself and Mark your current area with shadow magic that can be activated. Shadow Nexus. Teleport back to the mark area and remove a condition. 

• Preparation - Prepare Way of the Lotus. Elite Skill. 1/2s C, 45s CD. Mark your current area with deadly magic that can be detonated. Way of the Lotus. Unleash a deadly energy that grant (5) allies in the area gain quickness, might, and fury. Up to 5 enemies suffer from vulnerability, weakness and blindness.

• Signet - Signet of Thievery. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 45s CD

 Passive: Your attack steals a boon (Interval: every 3s). Grants increased ferocity.

 Active: Shadowstep to target foe and gain quickness and swiftness. Steal 3 boons and reduce recharge of steal by 50%. 
• Trait bonus: Reduce signet's recharge by 3 seconds. (upon killing a foe)

Elementalist:

• Conjure - Move Frost bow to Heal Slot. Rework Fiery Great Sword.

• Conjure - Conjure Frost Bow. Heal skill. ¾s C, 30s CD. Duration: 10 seconds. Manifest Frost Bow when it land it heals you.

 1. Water Arrows – no change.

 2. Frost Volley – no change.

 3. Frost Fan – no change.

 4. Deep Freeze – no change, moved to slot 4

. 5. Cleansing Storm. 2 1/4s C, 30s CD. call down a cleansing storm that heals and removes conditions from allies.

• Conjure - Conjure Elemental Greatsword. Elite Skill. 1s C, 120s CD. Duration 30s. Manifest Elemental Greatsword that damages foes when it lands. Wielders of this weapons gain increased power, condition damage and ferocity.

 1. Elemental Wave – Shoot a ball of elemental energy that damages foes.

 2. Impaling Ground – 1/4s C, 5s CD. Ram your sword into the ground that bleeds and cripple foes.

 3. Chilling Whirl – 1/4s C, 5s CD. Advance forward, slashing foes and chilling them.

 4. Electric Rush – 0s C, 10s CD. Charge at your foe gaining superspeed.

 5. Firestorm – no change.

• Signet -  Signet of Ether Prism. Elite Skill. 1/2s C, 75s CD.

 Passive: Improves all attributes. 
 Active: For 15s your attunements recharge 50% faster. Heal yourself every time you switch attunements.

• Arcane - Arcane Lord. Elite Skill. 1 1/2s C, 90s CD. For 10s, gain pulsing boons (all 12). You have increased ferocity.  

Necromancer:

• Spectral -  Spectral Invigoration. Heal Skill. 3/4s C,  30s CD. Heal yourself. If your life force is below the threshold, heal for more and gain protection.

• Signet - Necrotic Signet. Elite Skill. 1s C, 120s CD

 Passive: Gain life force every time you get hit by an enemy. Interval 1/2s.
 Active: Gain full life force, dark aura and consume all conditions converting them into boons.

• Well -  Well of Ruin. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 75s CD. Target area pulses, grants allies barrier. At random, foes are taunted, fear, tormented, and slowed.

Mesmer:

• Clone/Phantasm -  Soothing Images. Heal Skill. 3/4s C, 30s CD. Create a clone and heal yourself.

• Clone/Phantasm - Master of Illusions. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 45s CD. Break stun and create 3 clones that spawn with aegis. Instantly recharges your F1 skill. 

• Glamour -  Channeling. Heal Skill. 2 1/4s C, 25s CD. Pulse: 8. Heal yourself and gain vigor. Remove up to 2 conditions after you finish channeling.

• Mantra -  Mantra of Recall. Elite Skill. 2 1/4s C, 10s CD. Ammo 2. Negate the next attack and gain Alacrity (6s) and Resolution and Resistance (3s). Count recharge 45s. 

Edited by DragonSlayer.1087
Updated
  • Like 3

Problem is that engineer has just 4 different skill types in core (elixir, kit, gadget, turret), while all the other classes have 5.As pointed out in your thread here, engineer already has a heal skill for every single skill type.

Would feel kinda unfair if all these classes get a new heal skill while engineer doesn't, simply because he has less categories than the rest. Revenant I can understand, they get a full set with every legend. But engineer would be the loser of such an update. And giving other classes 2 new elite while engi just gets 1 is also pretty unfair.

You could add one elite skill for all classes, since engi is missing an elite gadget skill. But that's really it.

Necromancer did have an elite signet in Beta. I believe it was Barbed signet which added bleeding to attacks or something like that. Which would probably be a bit too OP, especially with their signet trait. I mean, I'd Adore it since it would likely just be a damage buff to necromancer over plaugelands but Its probably for the best. As for your idea? That's a bit powerful. Necromancer already has a life force signet in Signet of Undeath. That combine would make necromancers far too tanky in places like PvP without any investment.

Wait, No. Barbed signet made it so when foes attacked you they'd bleed. Yeah, I think that was it. I'm not sure about the active. But a more retaliation type signet could probably be quite good for a necromancer. I think if I would pick something for them it would be along these lines. Active giving retaliation or something similar. I don't know.

As for Revenant! I honestly think revenant needs an extra Utility skill for each of their legends and a 4 utility signets if not a full set that can be set to any legend they want when they swap in. Come on now. Revenant needs some love too.

@Lily.1935 said:Necromancer did have an elite signet in Beta. I believe it was Barbed signet which added bleeding to attacks or something like that. Which would probably be a bit too OP, especially with their signet trait. I mean, I'd Adore it since it would likely just be a damage buff to necromancer over plaugelands but Its probably for the best. As for your idea? That's a bit powerful. Necromancer already has a life force signet in Signet of Undeath. That combine would make necromancers far too tanky in places like PvP without any investment.

Wait, No. Barbed signet made it so when foes attacked you they'd bleed. Yeah, I think that was it. I'm not sure about the active. But a more retaliation type signet could probably be quite good for a necromancer. I think if I would pick something for them it would be along these lines. Active giving retaliation or something similar. I don't know.

As for Revenant! I honestly think revenant needs an extra Utility skill for each of their legends and a 4 utility signets if not a full set that can be set to any legend they want when they swap in. Come on now. Revenant needs some love too.

As I have pointed out, I think the only reasonable thing they can do is adding 1 more elite skill to the professions, since adding more would feel unfair for engineers. Engineers just lack 1 elite skill for gadgets, every other skill type they have is a complete set already, because engineer just has 4 different skill types unlike the other classes which have 5.

And adding a single elite skill to revenant wouldn't make sense, especially since revenants already have 4 elite skills while all the other professions have 3.

And the suggested gadget elite by OP really doesn't feel great in my opinion. Gadgets already have 2 stunbreaks (Utility Goggles and Slick Shoes toolbelt skill), another one isn't needed and giving protection and retaliation is really lackluster for an elite skill.

My own suggestion for an elite gadget skill:Shield Generator You gain 4.000 barrier for the next 5 seconds.Cast time: 1/2 s Cooldown: 90 s

Flips over to: Detonate Shield Reactivating the skill will consume all barrier from that skill that is left, damaging and ccing the enemies around based on the damage that got absorbed by barrier. Counts as an explosion.

• 1.000 damage absorbed: deal low damage and crippling foes struck.
  • 2.000 damage absorbed: deal medium damage and crippling and dazing foes struck.
  • 3.000 damage absorbed: deal high damage and stunning foes struck.Instant cast.

Toolbelt skill: Dismantle Defense Remove protection, regeneration, resistance and aegis, dealing damage. Damage gets reduced for every boon removed (meaning that it will deal more damage if none of these boons are on the target).Instant cast, Cooldown: 30 s

Also, while we're at it, please rework Elixir X. I think it would be way better to give engineer their own unique transformation skill instead of copying the skills of other classes randomly. The random aspects of other elixirs (Elixir C, Elixir H, Elixir U) already got removed, Elixir X is a relic from the times elixirs just were RNG based.

My own idea:Elixir X Transform into an ooze for 15 seconds. While transformed, you gain vitality and pulse 2 stacks of stability very 3 seconds. Also you convert one condition into a boon every 3 seconds while transformed. Your skills get replaced with the following:

• Skill 1: Thorned Tentacles Slapping up to 3 targets with your tentacles. Applies multiple bleeding stacks and vulnerability.
  • Skill 2: Burst Ball Form into a ball and roll towards the target area, exploding on arrival and apply multiple confusion stacks to enemies. Counts as an explosion for traits.
  • Skill 3: Spit Goo Create a poison combo field at the targeted area, pulsing damage and poison to enemies. Cleanses 1 condition per pulse on allies. Counts as an elixir.
  • Skill 4: Hardened Cell Structure Blocking attacks for 3 seconds. If an attack in melee range is blocked, burst out in multiple spikes in front of you, dealing damage and applying multiple stacks of torment.
  • Skill 5: Wrecking Ball Jump to the targeted area, knocking down up to 5 enemies. Blast finisher.

Love these ideas!

A few thoughts from me:I would like us to be able to choose at least 5 weapon skills for each weapon attack. So, choose one of five different kinds of autoattack for, say, Greatsword; five different kinds of attack 2 and so on and so forth. Each attack will have differences. Attack speeds, cooldowns, combos ETC, unique to each profession.

A new mastery system will be developed for this system, similar to but independent of elite specializations.

Players will also be able to craft ammo and arrows for their guns and bows; they'll also craft throwing daggers for dagger throwing skills. The kind of ammo, arrows and daggers that they craft will bring different effects to their attacks. Maybe bleeding, maybe torment. More of what we have, but giving the player more input into their skill choices.

Ammo, arrows and throwing daggers etc will be infinite (they wont run out), but they get loaded or notched into a weapon as an upgrade, similar to sigils. Unlike sigils, however, they will only trigger when certain kinds of attack are used. For example, if a rifle wielder fires their weaoon, their ammo effect may proc. But if they smack someone with the stock of the gun, the ammo effect wont proc.

My 2cents.

@Stephen.6312 said:Love these ideas!

A few thoughts from me:I would like us to be able to choose at least 5 weapon skills for each weapon attack. So, choose one of five different kinds of autoattack for, say, Greatsword; five different kinds of attack 2 and so on and so forth. Each attack will have differences. Attack speeds, cooldowns, combos ETC, unique to each profession.

A new mastery system will be developed for this system, similar to but independent of elite specializations.

Players will also be able to craft ammo and arrows for their guns and bows; they'll also craft throwing daggers for dagger throwing skills. The kind of ammo, arrows and daggers that they craft will bring different effects to their attacks. Maybe bleeding, maybe torment. More of what we have, but giving the player more input into their skill choices.

Ammo, arrows and throwing daggers etc will be infinite (they wont run out), but they get loaded or notched into a weapon as an upgrade, similar to sigils. Unlike sigils, however, they will only trigger when certain kinds of attack are used. For example, if a rifle wielder fires their weaoon, their ammo effect may proc. But if they smack someone with the stock of the gun, the ammo effect wont proc.

My 2cents.

I don't think guns should get an ammo system. It is not needed, why make such a difference between weapons?

• Like 1

@"DragonSlayer.1087" said:I was just thinking about the "missing" skills for the existing core skill types. So here's my take.

Guardian:

• Consecrationo Healing Circle. Heal Skill. 1s C, 30s CD. Consecrate the target area healing allies inside and granting regeneration. Pulses: 3.o Strength of Honor. Elite Skill. 1s C, 45s CD. Summon a powerful ground spell that grants offensive boons to allies. Pulses: 8. Boons = Might, Fury, and Retaliation. Combo Field: Light

• Spirit Weapono Staff of Purity. Heal Skill. 3/4s C, 25s CD (ammo recharge). Order the Staff of Purity to Heal you and cleanse conditions on allies. Ammo: 2.The Bow does do healing, perhaps rework it and move it to the Heal slot instead?o Axes of Retribution. Elite Skill. 1/2s C, 30 (ammo recharge). Will the Axes of Retribution to attack the area and grant Retaliation to allies. Ammo: 3.

Warrior:

• Stanceo Bonetti’s Stance. Elite Skill. 0s C, 20s CD. Stun Break. Evade attacks for 2 seconds. Gain protection if you successfully evade an attack.20s CD is too short for a 2s of evasion. Make it 3s at a 90s CD. If you evade an attack gain protection (2s) and heal for 1000, the boon and healing can only occur once per interval with a 1/2s interval for PvE and 1s interval for WvW/PvP,

• Bannero Banner of Recovery. Heal Skill. 1s C, 45s CD. Duration 12s. Initially heals you when you summon. Grants regeneration to allies. Picking up the banner reduces the recharge of this skill (10 seconds recharge reduction)With a water field available and Double Standards this might end up being too powerful of a self heal unless the base healing is low. Why not have it pulse healing in the area rather than the regeneration?• Shouto “Find Their Weakness!”. Elite Skill. 0s C, 30s CD. Next attack by allies inflicts Vulnerability, Weakness, Cripple and is increased by 25%. Affects up to 5 allies.20 stacks of Vulnerability for 5s, weakness for 5s, and cripple for 5s? kind of like an inverse Rage Signet?

Revenant:

• None since revenant skills are always a complete set based on Legends.

Engineer:

• Gadgeto Metal Plate Coating. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 45s CD. Duration: 5s. You are immune to critical hits and gain protection and retaliation for 5 seconds. Breaks Stun. Tool Belt: Deploy Metal Reinforcement. 3s C, 75s CD. For 3 seconds envelop yourself in a metallic shield becoming invulnerable. You cannot move or use skills. Prevents capture-point contribution.Sounds like too much bunker.Ranger:

• Trap

o Dust Trap. Elite Skill. 1/2s C, 75s CD. Set a trap that pulses blindness, weakness and dazes when triggered. Pulses: 8.Nice!• Signeto Antidote Signet. Heal Skill. 1s C, 30s CD. Passive: Damaging conditions you receive have reduced duration (25%). (Poison, Bleeding, Torment, Burning, Confusion) Active: Heal and remove condition from you and your pet.Perhaps make the passive remove a condi from you and your pet once every 10s?o Signet of Energizing Wind. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 40s CD Passive: Improves endurance regeneration by 50%. Remove condition when you evade. Active: Refills all endurance, grants vigor (10s), swiftness (20s), superspeed (3s) and quickness (5s). Breaks stuns.The passive is too strong. One or the other I'd say. Active is too strong as well, boons or endurance refill.Thief:

• Preparationo Prepare Shadow Nexus. Heal Skill. 1s C, 30s CD. Heal yourself and Mark your current area with shadow magic that can be activated. Shadow Nexus. Teleport back to the mark area and gain stealth for 3s.o Prepare Way of the Lotus. Elite Skill. 1/2s C, 45s CD. Mark your current area with deadly magic that can be detonated. Way of the Lotus. Unleash a deadly energy that grant (5) allies in the area gain quickness, might, and fury. Up to 5 enemies suffer from vulnerability, weakness and blindness.Thief needs approximately 0 more teleports or stealths. Perhaps the heal could be something that blinds your targets and heals you for each foe blinded? The Elite sounds fun.• Signeto Signet of Thievery. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 45s CD Passive: Your attacks causes vulnerability. Grants increased ferocity. Active: Shadowstep to target foe and inflict cripple and immobilize. For 5 seconds, your attacks steal boons.

• Trait bonus: You gain 5 seconds of Quickness and Fury.

Elementalist:

• Conjure: Move Frost bow to Heal Slot. Rework Fiery Great Sword.o Conjure Frost Bow. Heal skill. ¾s C, 30s CD. Duration: 10 seconds. Manifest Frost Bow when it land it heals you. 1. Water Arrows – no change. 2. Frost Volley – no change. 3. Frost Fan – no change. 4. Deep Freeze – no change, moved to slot 4. 5. Cleansing Storm. 2 1/4s C, 30s CD. call down a cleansing storm that heals and removes conditions from allies.o Conjure Elemental Greatsword. Elite Skill. 1s C, 120s CD. Duration 30s. Manifest Elemental Greatsword that damages foes when it lands. Wielders of this weapons gain increased power, condition damage and ferocity. 1. Elemental Wave – Shoot a ball of elemental energy that damages foes. 2. Impaling Ground – 1/4s C, 5s CD. Ram your sword into the ground that bleeds and cripple foes. 3. Chilling Whirl – 1/4s C, 5s CD. Advance forward, slashing foes and chilling them. 4. Electric Rush – 0s C, 10s CD. Charge at your foe gaining superspeed. 5. Firestorm – no change.

• Signeto Signet of Ether Prism. Elite Skill. 1/2s C, 75s CD. Passive: Improves all attributes.

 Active: For 15s your attunements recharge 50% faster. Heal yourself every time you switch attunements.

• Arcaneo Arcane Lord. Elite Skill. 1s C, 90s CD. For 10s, gain pulsing boons (all 12). You have increased ferocity.

Necromancer:

• Spectralo Spectral Invigoration. Heal Skill. 3/4s C, 30s CD. Heal yourself. If your life force is below the threshold, heal for more and gain protection.I like this a lot. Anet Please implement this.• Signeto Necrotic Signet. Elite Skill. 1s C, 120s CD Passive: Gain life force every time you get hit by enemy. Interval 1/2s.

 Active: Gain full life force, dark aura and consume all conditions converting them into boons.Also like this a lot.• Wello Well of Ruin. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 60s CD. Target area pulses, grants allies barrier. At random, foes are taunted, fear, tormented, and slowed.

Mesmer:

• Clone/Phantasmo Soothing Images. Heal Skill. 3/4s C, 30s CD. Create a clone and heal yourself.o Master of Illusions. Elite Skill. 1/4s C, 30s CD. Create 3 clones, breaks stuns.No more screen clutter please..• Glamouro Channeling. Heal Skill. 2 1/4s C, 25s CD. Pulse: 8. Heal yourself and gain vigor. Remove up to 2 conditions after you finish channeling.Sounds like a very balanced and useful skill.• Mantrao Mantra of Recall. Elite Skill. 2 1/4s C, 45s CD. Meditate, charging a spell that will give you Alacrity. Give yourself alacrity when this skill fully charged.

• 1 month later...

If anet wants to fill out the core skills, then they would have to almost rework the whole engineer utility line so they have 5 skill types of 4 skills each (plus heal and an elite).

Which would mean getting rid of a skill or combine skills in each line, and creating a whole new line for them.

Before elite specs came about, I used to think was why we hadn't gotten anymore skill for core. Would have been alot of work.But 2 elite specs later and engineer getting the standard amount of slotted skills per spec, now I just think it's not worth it for them.

@BobbyT.7192 said:If anet wants to fill out the core skills, then they would have to almost rework the whole engineer utility line so they have 5 skill types of 4 skills each (plus heal and an elite).

Which would mean getting rid of a skill or combine skills in each line, and creating a whole new line for them.

Before elite specs came about, I used to think was why we hadn't gotten anymore skill for core. Would have been alot of work.But 2 elite specs later and engineer getting the standard amount of slotted skills per spec, now I just think it's not worth it for them.

Just brainstorming for fun, if you had to take away 1 utility skill from every skill type of the engineer, which would you pick? And what skill type could you imagine replacing them?

My picks: Elixir R, Net Turret, Slick Shoes, Tool KitNew skill type: I would either pick signets (engineer and revenant are the only classes which don't have access to signet skills) or preparations.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@BobbyT.7192 said:If anet wants to fill out the core skills, then they would have to almost rework the whole engineer utility line so they have 5 skill types of 4 skills each (plus heal and an elite).

Just brainstorming for fun, if you had to take away 1 utility skill from every skill type of the engineer, which would you pick? And what skill type could you imagine replacing them?

My picks: Elixir R, Net Turret, Slick Shoes, Tool KitNew skill type: I would either pick signets (engineer and revenant are the only classes which don't have access to signet skills) or preparations.

I wouldn't really take away, but rather combine skills.

For example, rifle and rocket turret both could be both one turret (artillery turret).Grenade and bomb kit could be combine into an explosive/demolition kit

1. Grenade auto
  2. Fire bomb
  3. Concussion bomb
  4. Smoke bomb
  5. Grenade barrageF. Big 'ole bombAny skill missing or effect taken out could be rolled into the new skill line in some fashion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

I would take a slightly different approach… I’d merge Elixir R and Elixir S into one skill, and then I would convert Slick Shoes, Net Turret, Throw Mine, & Bomb Kit into Traps. Due to converting two gadgets, a new Gadget skill would need to be made. Throw Mine would actually be one of the easiest to convert into a trap, simply swap it with its toolbelt skill, the toolbelt skill for Throw Mine is already designed like a Trap skill. Net Turret is terrible as a Turret skill but could easily be redesigned as an effective trap. Slick Shoes as it is would make for a good Trap skill with very little changed. And Bomb Kit… I know I might get a lot of flak from Power Engineer players on this one… but it is the most uninteresting Kit out there… I would rework it as an elite Trap skill… that would then leave engineer needing 1 Healing Trap, 1 Utility Trap, 1 Utility Gadget, and 1 Elite Gadget.

edit: I love how the forum notates “3 Weeks Later” when it has actually been 1 year and 3 months…

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 3:37 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

Problem is that engineer has just 4 different skill types in core (elixir, kit, gadget, turret), while all the other classes have 5.As pointed out in your thread here, engineer already has a heal skill for every single skill type.

Would feel kinda unfair if all these classes get a new heal skill while engineer doesn't, simply because he has less categories than the rest. Revenant I can understand, they get a full set with every legend. But engineer would be the loser of such an update. And giving other classes 2 new elite while engi just gets 1 is also pretty unfair.

You could add one elite skill for all classes, since engi is missing an elite gadget skill. But that's really it.

Its ok, engi and rev can get an extra weapon instead.

Edit: Got necrobaited 💀

Edited by RabbitUp.8294

53 minutes ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Its ok, engi and rev can get an extra weapon instead.

Edit: Got necrobaited 💀

Don't think it matters much, the discussion is still relevant.

About engineer just getting a new weapon: I don't think getting a new weapon is equivalent to a new healing and elite skill. Would still feel pretty bad for engineer if this happens.

I agree the choice of utilities is laughable, especially given the fact most often only like half of them are viable. In GW1 we had hundreds of skills it was always new fresh and exciting despite having just 8 skill build.

GW2 has amazing combat and it’s a noce game don’t get me wrong, but my skillbar most often the same more or less on different chars and that’s boring

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zergs.9715 said:

Yes, but no, because, as I said in some other thread, it requires work.

Development requires work. “It requires work” is not a reason, only an excuse. The reason that always lays behind such hollow excuses is “I don’t want to”. However, because it is a player making the excuse for the devs, that gets altered to “I don’t want them to”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Development requires work. “It requires work” is not a reason, only an excuse. The reason that always lays behind such hollow excuses is “I don’t want to”. However, because it is a player making the excuse for the devs, that gets altered to “I don’t want them to”

Yes, that's of the most baffling things I've seen on these forums. It's like some form of Stockholm-ish syndrome. Those people always provide convenient cover. Same thing happened with mounts. Luckily they weren't listened to then.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

At the very least could anet just update all of the existing skill and effect to be balanced with 2021? There still a lot of skill that has not been update for at least 4 years and they are wildly too strong or wildly too week as if anet just forgot to do any thing with them. See ele conja weapons skills.

• Like 2