So how is PvP now?

@lovemghool.7613 said:boring. very boring.

the balance is livable if not a bit too slow and some classes are not well represented

balance aside the game to me does not feel fluid like it used to

play a couple if matches a day and log off is a healthy approach

but yeah...boring

I think it's boring because of the game mode though. Same shit for 8 years now. Balance itself is arguable the best it's been since late (pre-HoT) vanilla.

+1returning new pvp player experience posthttps://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/701hh3/does_guild_wars_2_pvp_suck_for_new_and_returning/

-'What you wrote about skill effects is imo the biggest problem with pvp and is the reason that the game mode has not been gaining many new players. Starting out in spvp is a kitten chore. It is ridiculously easy to be killed by something and have no idea what did it, either because the skill animation happens quickly and/or is generic, or because the skill effect us covered up by particle effects or is just a ring on the ground. When that happens you don't learn anything, you just get frustrated. Honestly it's sad because the gw2 combat system is second to none and it feels like its potential is being squandered by poor skill animations/effects and a stale game mode'

'Conditions are too strong, don't have limit, or don't require anything else, it's self sufficient (power needs precision and ferocity) You can basically decide to play things that favorize condition damages, and your sustain aswell (Like vitality and toughness) while power build need to sacrifice a lot of sustain to be competitive. Who needs expertise ? It's useless, you just need to spam more conditions since it's everywhere and has a low cd.'

'CC. The big one. Sweet lord there's a lot of it in this game, and it's just not fun. Now it was a while ago but I honestly do not remember this being nearly as absurd 2 years ago as it is today. Extremely limiting and frustrating conditions like weakness, immobilize and cripple get thrown out in the 10s of seconds, and while they're all cleared with the press of a button, I feel like the sheer volume and duration is just too much. experience players will be breaking out and avoiding them well before the duration is up, so this exclusively punishes the inexperienced and makes the game feel like kitten to be quite honest.'

'The worst thing about PvP for new and returning players is that you have no kitten idea how you took 56,000 damage from 33 stacks of burning. Who gave you those stacks? What did that skill look like? How do you counterplay it? Did you get them before, or after you got downed? Who knows!'

Pretty good, only that I come online to play from time to time, the influx of new players has really gotten me annoyed because a lot of them act really self entitled instead of socializing normally to identify issues. Very often something easy turn into the hardest chore that I'm that I am left with is just playing the game on cruise control until it's over for a loss.

I haven't been prevented from playing anything I wanted either, my builds have blatant counters that logically make sense while I am able to win everything else well played even against the tops, so I'd say Anet did a good job.

It's not perfect but it is much better than what we had had to put up with since PoF release.

The damage reduction we had in February was a bliss. You now actually have to use all the tools at your disposal in order to score a kill. The times where you could drop a player by pushing one or two buttons are hopefully gone forever.

Team play is really important in this new environment. Peeling, reviving, focus targeting, counter CC, "corpse play" and stomping are just a few things that are more useful than before.

Condition damage is nowhere near as dominant as forum posters make it out to be. Some classes have strong tools to deal with conditions too.

As it stands, sustain will be looked at next. Survivability is no doubt an issue on some builds. So there is also something to look forward to.

the balance comes alot slower than promised. The direction is good, however the frequence is trash. That might be due to the current corona situation, but some people argued the crisis sshould not have had a big impact on the frequency of the patches. Either way it is a bummer if you were excited for actual changes in pvp.

@Yannir.4132 said:I've been away from the game for about 8 months now, don't even have it installed currently. Anyway, I've been considering coming back to the game with the PvE side getting more interesting as there's a new expansion on the horizon? That tells me the game still has a future to be worth investing in. However, PvE doesn't satisfy me in this game for long, PvP has been the content that keeps me in the game long term and what I enjoy the most.

I understand there's been some huge PvP balance rehaul since then and I'd like to know how that's affected PvP. Is the balance better now?

Utter shit and extremely toxic. Don't touch with a ten foot pole. Devs don't know what balance is.

@AldKai.9712 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:I've been away from the game for about 8 months now, don't even have it installed currently. Anyway, I've been considering coming back to the game with the PvE side getting more interesting as there's a new expansion on the horizon? That tells me the game still has a future to be worth investing in. However, PvE doesn't satisfy me in this game for long, PvP has been the content that keeps me in the game long term and what I enjoy the most.

I understand there's been some huge PvP balance rehaul since then and I'd like to know how that's affected PvP. Is the balance better now?

Utter kitten and extremely toxic. Don't touch with a ten foot pole. Devs don't know what balance is.

exactly this

Guild Wars 2 is an 8 years old game and i've been asking the same question since, 'where is progress'? You can pull any 8 years old video streaming and compare it with today and see History repeating itself over and over again

Hitting the Reset Balance button, all it does is repeating the same problems all over again!!

Pvp, Wvw is a graveyard of 8 years of unlearned and repetitive Toxicity

@wevh.2903 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Step 1: Win first midfight.Step 2: Let your bunker hold the node permanently.Step 3: Win

Gold1 tactics

If it works, it works.

Yes it works in gold 1

And?You sound like Gold is not the majority of the playerbase.

"A Tactic gives a near 100% Win rate in Minigolf but thats not important because it doesnt work in REAL Golf"