Gift of Battle

Any desktop quad core Intel CPU / AMD Ryzen CPU and low midrange GPU (GTX 650 Ti Boost /660/760/960/1060 or newer , Radeon HD 7850 GCN / Navi RX series after) since the launch of the game should be getting more than that unless it's a full on map blob.What are the specs on the machine?

If you haven't already, use the 64-bit client. WvW used to have many more crashes when people ran out of RAM+VRAM limit.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, it was mystic coins.Today it is GoB.Tommorow it will be something else.The mentality to dumb everything down makes the game - any game - boring, so people will eventually leave.This is a LEGENDARY. A hugely overpriced skin, a gold and time sink, nothing more. You can see the prerequisites in wiki. You CHOOSE to make it. It by no means is part of any story, it isn't p2w, hell it isn't even prestigious these days. If anything, it should be harder to make it.Edit: wvw has had lag issues since the big bang, the past few months it has been worse than ever, skill lag issues, even when there are 2 halfblobs clashing. People have been vocal in wvw forums for ages. And now pve has them. I sincerely hope they improve things

I think it's a bad decision to force people into WvW if they want to participate in the endgame of getting a legendary. In an era where players often get to choose between PvE and PvP as to which way they would like to achieve their goals, it is painstaking for someone like me who doesn't like PvP at all to have to endure this. And I know because I tried on multiple occasions, I just don't see the joy in fighting other players. Never have.

I just spend my first hours in WvW mostly being killed by large groups of enemies on mounts, while I was trying to keep up with an experienced group of players, in which I failed obviously. I didn't really get anywhere and had a hard time surviving (even though I'm experienced with Raids and fractals). It's sad to see that where in PvE you encounter alot of helpfull players, this is not how things work in PvP. If you're new or unexperienced you can act as a bait.

It would be very nice to have ArenaNet think about new options for players who really like PvE to think of a way to obtain Gift of Battle and be able to get to a point where other players can get as well.

@gEddeh.8152 said:I think it's a bad decision to force people into WvW if they want to participate in the endgame of getting a legendary. In an era where players often get to choose between PvE and PvP as to which way they would like to achieve their goals, it is painstaking for someone like me who doesn't like PvP at all to have to endure this. And I know because I tried on multiple occasions, I just don't see the joy in fighting other players. Never have.

I just spend my first hours in WvW mostly being killed by large groups of enemies on mounts, while I was trying to keep up with an experienced group of players, in which I failed obviously. I didn't really get anywhere and had a hard time surviving (even though I'm experienced with Raids and fractals). It's sad to see that where in PvE you encounter alot of helpfull players, this is not how things work in PvP. If you're new or unexperienced you can act as a bait.

It would be very nice to have ArenaNet think about new options for players who really like PvE to think of a way to obtain Gift of Battle and be able to get to a point where other players can get as well.

There is a way, scout. Find a commander who needs a scout. They can put you in a share participation squad, and just report back if an enemy is attacking the structure you wa as scouting.

@gEddeh.8152 said:I think it's a bad decision to force people into WvW if they want to participate in the endgame of getting a legendary. In an era where players often get to choose between PvE and PvP as to which way they would like to achieve their goals, it is painstaking for someone like me who doesn't like PvP at all to have to endure this. And I know because I tried on multiple occasions, I just don't see the joy in fighting other players. Never have.

Is it ok to force people to get gift of exploration?

I always see people complaining about how players just want everything to be "dumbed down" but no one seems to take an issue with the fact that you can get almost a compleate set of legendary gear for doing nothing but the most menial tasks in WvW which make > 50% of OW PvE look dificult by comparison. If you take issue with that at least be principled about it.

Is it ok to force people to get gift of exploration?Who exactly is forced to get a gift of exploration? Last time I checked you could just buy a gen 1 legendary weapon from the TP no problem. Has this changed recently?

@lummuss.6850 said:Anyway, I appreciate the tips. Every tip is always welcome.

Reward tracks, quickly, require you to get your participation up to tier 6 and maintain it. Easiest method is to either follow a commander, getting kill credit on players and objectives to put you at maximum pretty quickly.

You may also want to use boosters, some of which you can get from birthday rewards, for example, to boost reward track progress per tick.

If you want to run solo, you can try to solo camps and sentries on borderland maps. Those can, depending on server, be more empty than Eternal Battlegrounds. But, you may find that hard to handle if you aren’t experienced with pvp in general. You probably won’t have the same 355 ping issue in a borderland at least so that should make it easier.

A piece of general advice, take it slow. Legendaries are prestige items that show dedication to the game as a whole. They take time and grind and some more than others. If you take it too much at a time you will burn out. That Gift of Battle reward track comes with Mystic Clovers. You don’t have to just get the Gift out of it. Look at it as an exercise in saving yourself some money and frustration on clovers as well as a path to the required item.

@"Tails.9372" said:I always see people complaining about how players just want everything to be "dumbed down" but no one seems to take an issue with the fact that you can get almost a compleate set of legendary gear for doing nothing but the most menial tasks in WvW which make > 50% of OW PvE look dificult by comparison. If you take issue with that at least be principled about it.

Is it ok to force people to get gift of exploration?Who exactly is forced to get a gift of exploration? Last time I checked you could just buy a gen 1 legendary weapon from the TP no problem. Has this changed recently?

So, since you can buy a gen 1 from tp, how is GoB an issue?

@"Voltekka.2375" said:So, since you can buy a gen 1 from tp, how is GoB an issue?How do you know he's talking about making a gen 1 legendary? Regardless, it's a flawed comparison because every legendary which requires GoE can be bought from the TP and gold can be earned pretty much everywhere. You're not "forced to do" anything specific. The same does not hold true for GoB.

@Tails.9372 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:So, since you can buy a gen 1 from tp, how is GoB an issue?How do you know he's talking about making a gen 1 legendary? Regardless, it's a flawed comparison because every legendary which requires GoE can be bought from the TP and gold can be earned pretty much everywhere. You're not "forced to do" anything specific. The same does not hold true for GoB.

How do you know I was only talking about a gen1 legendary? The equivalent of GoE for gen2 are maguuma gifts. Can those be bought?

@Tails.9372 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:How do you know I was only talking about a gen1 legendary?Because GoE is only relevant for gen 1 leg weapon creation.

@Voltekka.2375 said:The equivalent of GoE for gen2 are maguuma gifts. Can those be bought?No but that's beside the point.

How is it ‘besides the point’?

Still ‘forcing’ (OPs and others description not mine) people to do an area they ‘hate’ in order to get it.

It’s an Apt comparison.

I would also gauge it takes longer than 8 hours to get the magnums gifts.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:How is it ‘besides the point’?Because the topic was GoE, that "just buy it from the TP" doesn't apply to gen 2 legs should be obvious.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Still ‘forcing’ (OPs and others description not mine) people to do an area they ‘hate’ in order to get it.

I personally don't mind if it's done for specific stuff but things are definitely not equal. Both WvW / sPvP specific legendaries are way less restrictive in terms of what you have to do inside their respective gamemodes to earn them and I don't think there are any WvW or sPvP specific legendary items which require you to go into PvE (exept for throwing cash at some vendors). Both Aurora and Vision however require you to play WvW.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I would also gauge it takes longer than 8 hours to get the magnums gifts.Only if you don't know what you're doing, the worst part are arguably the HPs but they shouldn't be that much of an issue for experienced sPvP / WvW players.

@Tails.9372 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:How is it ‘besides the point’?Because the topic was GoE, that "just buy it from the TP" don't apply to gen 2 legs should be obvious.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Still ‘forcing’ (OPs and others description not mine) people to do an area they ‘hate’ in order to get it.

I personally don't mind if its done for specific stuff but things are definitely not equal. Both WvW / sPvP specific legendaries are way less restrictive in terms of what you have to do inside their respective gamemodes to earn them and I don't think there are any WvW or sPvP specific legendary items which require you to go into PvE (exept for throwing cash at some vendors). Both Aurora and Vision however require you to play WvW.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I would also gauge it takes longer than 8 hours to get the magnums gifts.Only if you don't know what you're doing, the worst part are arguably the HPs but they shouldn't be that much of an issue for experienced sPvP / WvW players.

And the GoB takes 4-5 hours.,,. With boosters and a little research

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:How is it ‘besides the point’?Because the topic was GoE, that "just buy it from the TP" don't apply to gen 2 legs should be obvious.

I personally don't mind if its done for specific stuff but things are definitely not equal. Both WvW / sPvP specific legendaries are way less restrictive in terms of what you have to do inside their respective gamemodes to earn them and I don't think there are any WvW or sPvP specific legendary items which require you to go into PvE (exept for throwing cash at some vendors). Both Aurora and Vision however require you to play WvW.

And the GoB takes 4-5 hours.,,. With boosters and a little researchSeems to be roughly equal then.

@"lummuss.6850" : I don't see anyone mention that when you can pick a WvW reward track that you can set it to repeat itself until you pick another one. I didn't know that until I get annoyed from getting SAB rewards that I have no use to have. There is a small white infinity symbol (look like an eight laying on its back) on the reward track you pick. Activate that on that symbol and you should be able to farm the right track until you have what you need for your legendary.

Also make sure that you have the right gear (armour) that increase your defence (some vitality so you will have enough time to react and be able to use condi cleanse or heal up). Use ascended food that reduce damage (and also increase rewards and give some attributes). Use Runes that give you enough of mobility (25% movement speed), so you don't have to use your trait line to get a permanent movement speed.

As for your notebook it is really weak hardware to play GW2 on it. It is most likely a low energy notebook meaning everything on it is made to make it portable (very light vs gaming laptop that use a metal heat sink to increase surface to cool down both CPU and discrete GPU). Not much system RAM with only 4 GB RAMn(which is shared with integrated GPU), so have even less RAM for both iGPU and CPU. What you have is an integrated GPU that is not necessary bad on a desktop, but on a a low end laptop aka notebook it is not intended to be used for heavy gaming like GW2, only for office work and media presentation like YT or watching video on the go). There are also a lot of software to keep notebooks low energy and low heat, meaning you need to set MS Windows Power Schedule to max performance, adjust Intel iGPU drivers so it will run at max performance and make sure that it will not get overheated when you override those settings.

From same YT as above: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88YaeunhZNI]

Testando WVW em meu notebookConfiguração do notebook:

• 4 GB de memória ram
  • 500 GB de HD
  • Processador icore 5
  • Placa intel graphics

Your problem in that video is that you can not react in real time as your FPS is very low in combination with a high ping (320 milliseconds is close to a third of a second in response time - 1/3 second or 0.33 seconds =330 milliseconds). Your main problem is the low FPS as it looks like you also have some rubberbanding (the place you see enemy on screen isn't where they are when you target them and they jump back and forth). When someone use an instant skill you will be at a disadvantage.

Also when you are following an enemy group, then you should expect them to attack you. I don't see any weapon swap to melee range or even use of a short bow (give a jump back and CC enemy target as an example). Long bow is the one weapon with highest range vs other profession, so you should be able to hit target from distance, use teleportation skills or mobility skills to get further away before they see you and can target you and leave to a safe distance.

WvW and PvE isn't that different if you start think about it. Find a strategy that work, learn to use it to your advantage and refine it. Ranger/Soulbeast/Druid have tools that are built on being ranged, can heal both themselves and their pets, and pet can take away some potential danger. In WvW pets aren't that useful (when there is a group of enemies that attack you or massive AoEs like from siege weapons or some professions that have more of AoE skills), so stove your pet when not needed in or during a fight to avoid getting slowed down from pet getting into combat mode (and you too).

Look at your keybinds (Option>Controls) and set them up in a way that you can reach them fast (that is the most tricky part with all skills that you will need to keep close to control your pets and professional skills). Play with a mouse or controller and don't use your notebooks pad to control camera or movement. Use targeting from keybinds and don't relay on action camera to be able to switch target. Use Target to see what kind of enemies you are facing (look at each hostiles/enemy target for what signets and that information you can see just from targeting them). Combine it with Call Target (to keep the main threat visually tracked) and use Take Target to re-focus to Call Target). This a very good tool even when you solo, but be careful to not use too much when you are in a group with a squad leader (commander call out which targets that group need to focus on).