[GOLD COMMISSIONS] Offering high quality portraits! :)

Hello :)

I'm a GW1 & GW2 veteran, and by that I mean time spent, not awesome skills :D Playing both games since launch, I still didn't manage to finish whole GW2's story (except for the Tyria one). I'm a strictly PVE player that enjoys the landscapes, lore and customizing my characters. I've never been very skilled and my reflexes suck, but I did manage to solo most of the GW2 content (which is a big thing for me, might not be that impressive to most of you ;)). It's been a constant inspiration since then, and I mean it. I'm actually a fulltime Art Director for games and a freelance illustrator / concept artist since 2005 and I seriously wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for playing and getting inspired by GW's concept art, landscapes and character designs. I learnt a ton studying them.

That said - I've been on a hiatus from GW2 for a few years. I'm kind of coming back, but because of my work I really don't have much time to play and especially grind. Playing for a few days again now I discovered some of my goals I'll have to grind for (e.g. Aurillium for Viper's), but some, like unlocking LW chapters - I'd just have to farm gold instead of spending little time I have on exploration and progressing the story. And sure, I can just use the Gem Store and buy the gold / gems I need with real money. Actually, that would be more time efficient, but where's the fun in that :D

So I thought I'll come back to what helped me get my FoW armor back in the GW1 days (not to mention meet amazing players and find a great guild!) - offering art commissions :) Where I lack in gaming skills, I believe I can offer you some eye-candy art!

What you'll get from me is a print-sized square portrait of your character (around 3000px, 300dpi) in one of the 3 styles you can see here:cqfMNF0.jpgYou can see more of my work at vinegaria.com, https://artstation.com/vinegar and https://instagram.com/vinegaria/

I wasn't sure about the rates, so I looked at the exchange rates at GW2Efficienty and thought 500gold (around $16) seems a fair price, way below my hourly rate (and let's face it, a commission will take me more than an hour ;)), but more fun than doing endless RIBA runs. Because my time is really limited I'll work on commissions at evenings, instead of farming. So, basically, I'll treat these commissions as my time spent in game, just drawing :D

You can contact me here or, preferably, via e-mail (vinegaria - at - gmail.com) so I won't overlook it. Please attach good quality screenshots of your character, ideally at an angle you'd like for a portrait, and your in-game name :)

Take care :)

Thank you! ♥ I'll be honest, my usual rate for commissions is more than twice that, per hour. And I'm currently working on 3 projects. I kind of don't want to merge these two things, as my commercial jobs would suffer because of it. Also - in game gold I can treat as a hobby after work, something I do instead of farming in game. Real money - I'd actually have to pay foreign tax for those in my country. But you can contact me via e-mail and we can discuss it of course :)

Another portrait is ready, this time a handsome Holosmith, Lykus! :)

ZowiyzBl.png

A few more are in the making, and I'll post them here, however I probably won't be taking any new commissions at the moment, I just don't have enough free time, as it turns out.. But if you really, really, really want one, contact me via e-mail and I'll see what I can do :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another asura, this time a hard rocking one! :D85untZA.png

My real life art work recently swarmed me, so I'm currently not taking any new commissions (and still have a few left to do). But again, if you reallllly want one, contact me via e-mail, I'll see what I can do, but can't promise anything soon. Thanks for the support guys! As back in GW1 times, I managed to make a few awesome friends in game as well thanks to these, which is a treasure :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...