PvP build

st elmos fire.2987

Hello.

I see a lot of mesmers struggling to find good builds to play in PvP. I wanted to share what I have had the most fun and success with. Its pretty good vs condi thieves too.

The build is fairly easy to get in to. If you are a beginner you can use wizard or sage amulet. I recommend Grieving for most people for much higher carry potential. I think it has a high skill cap too so its fun and effective for experienced players.I see a ton of things I could do 10 times better mechanically and a million things I could do better in rotations but I am still having great success casually solo queing in plat 2. I believe this build has very good potential and it should only get better as the most OP current meta builds get toned down.

Build link: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYtrlVwuYJMFGKWuT5rWA-zZR8MiUKkpKwxDABuild video link:

Thanks for sharing, it look pretty similar to the signet build someone post here recently and yes it can work well if the opponents lose time trying to kill you.

@Koen.1327 said:nice to see some diversity in mesmer builds, all mes i see in plat play different build

Because you see many mesmers ?Currently I see 1 mes every 5 games. Which could be a nice ratio if professions weren't taking into account when matching, which mean instead of a 12% representation, it's more about less than 5% representation.And when I look at 3H streamers sessions, I can count the number of mes on one hand.

And the 4 builds played are : condi mirage - power mirage - core PU - signets.

@viquing.8254 said:Thanks for sharing, it look pretty similar to the signet build someone post here recently and yes it can work well if the opponents lose time trying to kill you.

@Koen.1327 said:nice to see some diversity in mesmer builds, all mes i see in plat play different build

Because you see many mesmers ?Currently I see 1 mes every 5 games. Which could be a nice ratio if professions weren't taking into account when matching, which mean instead of a 12% representation, it's more about less than 5% representation.And when I look at 3H streamers sessions, I can count the number of mes on one hand.

And the 4 builds played are : condi mirage - power mirage - core PU - signets.

i would say as many as before the patch, not a lot indeed, but i see different build and traits every timei've had a blast testing out many builds myself this season and i feel traits are more balancedfor condi mirage all traits are solid to use unlike before when it was purely chaos dueling

@"st elmos fire.2987" said:All the signet mesmers I have seen play tanky amulets like sage. For me the use of full glass amulet made a big difference. I am actually a threat to opponents and not just a tank.

tried the build, pet killed me in 2 attacks, then I gave up lolI would try to make it work more if I didnt find staff to be an useless weapon, and the kill pressure is ultra low.I have been trying something like this.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABc+xrlRwkYKsLmJmSXvPPA-zZx8QyUK0tIIiFgHGAFound it to be about equally tank and more mobile, and axe is super fun, but to each his own.I wish we had another condi weapon to use, I would play core condi if not for staff.....

I run something similar for WvW. Core mesmer but i replace pistol with torch, and duelling with chaos! All the rest are the same though. Pretty relaxed playstyle compared to one dodge mirages, but yeah, high skill cap. which makes it fun to play for long periods. IMO core mesmer is better for condis than mirages right now because of how limiting one dodge is.

@"mikdepadua.8376" said:I run something similar for WvW. Core mesmer but i replace pistol with torch, and duelling with chaos! All the rest are the same though. Pretty relaxed playstyle compared to one dodge mirages, but yeah, high skill cap. which makes it fun to play for long periods. IMO core mesmer is better for condis than mirages right now because of how limiting one dodge is.

I do too in WvW, with grieving stats, but I don't use staff. Depending on my mood and the situation I use Method of Madness and Bountiful Disillusionment with the signet heal, or Master of Manipulation and Prismatic Understanding with the manipulation heal. To me this is one of the most "mesmery" builds. Not full power, but also not full condi, stealth, conditions and boons, pretty hard to catch and lock down. Clone production is not super great, especially because of the scepter #2 nerf. I tried Malicious Sorcery to make up for it, but in the end Master of Fragmentation seems to be the better choice.

@Yoci.2481 said:

@"mikdepadua.8376" said:I run something similar for WvW. Core mesmer but i replace pistol with torch, and duelling with chaos! All the rest are the same though. Pretty relaxed playstyle compared to one dodge mirages, but yeah, high skill cap. which makes it fun to play for long periods. IMO core mesmer is better for condis than mirages right now because of how limiting one dodge is.

I do too in WvW, with grieving stats, but I don't use staff. Depending on my mood and the situation I use Method of Madness and Bountiful Disillusionment with the signet heal, or Master of Manipulation and Prismatic Understanding with the manipulation heal. To me this is one of the most "mesmery" builds. Not full power, but also not full condi, stealth, conditions and boons, pretty hard to catch and lock down. Clone production is not super great, especially because of the scepter #2 nerf. I tried Malicious Sorcery to make up for it, but in the end Master of Fragmentation seems to be the better choice.

Yep very slippery play style. I have yet to try replacing the staff with another weapon on a core mesmer though.

Maybe sword/torch and scepter/pistol could work. I just really like the utility staff brings to the table.

I miss the burst axe/pistol and IH has though.

Here is just some of the stuff that I considered while trying to slowly find the optimal build for me.

I have not tried WvW so I have no idea what is good in there. I just really love the synergy between specifically these 3 trait lines.

I went from sage amulet to grieving because I felt I did too little damage to have an impact and I had too much survivability. The healing power did not seem to give enough value either while only having restorative illusions and signet heal that is on cd half of the time. I used to play moa or time warp because I never needed mass invisibility to survive. Those had way too long cd to make enough use of them.

I feel chaos gives more survivability that I dont need but it makes it easyer to stand on point and not get decapped. I think you will still eventually get decapped either way because you dont have enough countter pressure and you cant stay on point vs something like holosmith smacking you with all hes aoe and cc and you rely on distortion that gets you decapped. You dont even have knock backs to force them off node. Big damage has the potential to force people off node without using knock backs. Every time I tried chaos I felt like I was lacking on clone generation and/or damage and that impacts so many key aspects of the build.

The synergy between deceptive evasion, Signet of illusions, signet of the ether, Restorative illusions and shatter storm works so nicely. Passive signet heal gives so much healing from all the clone generation that if you dont want to get decapped because of distortion you can play passively and survive well without using your heal signet or signet of illusions. For damage and with these stats the synergy between master of fragmentation, shatter storm, master fencer and deceptive evasion gives you 75% crit chanse on your double mind wrack. Combined with 1000 power and 500 ferocity It is nice amount of damage and you can actually have good amount of clones for both shatters.

I allso love deceptive evasion because you dont have a lot of hard cc to help you land all these shatters you have available. Great way to land good amount of them is to wait your opponent to use a melee attack that you want to dodge. While they are in the attack animation you know they cant dodge so thats when you want to do damage. So If you shatter during your dodge you are guaranteed to land atleast 2 clone shatter on them because of illusionary persona and deceptive evation. You can add phase retreat in there to do instant 3 clone shatter for extra damage. Allso the ability to dodge and get a clone for longer distortion can make a huge difference while reviveing, stompping or just surviving when multiple people jump on you.

I did not go to why I personally dont like mirage because this post is starting to be way too long. :P

@"st elmos fire.2987" said:Hello.

I see a lot of mesmers struggling to find good builds to play in PvP. I wanted to share what I have had the most fun and success with. Its pretty good vs condi thieves too.

The build is fairly easy to get in to. If you are a beginner you can use wizard or sage amulet. I recommend Grieving for most people for much higher carry potential. I think it has a high skill cap too so its fun and effective for experienced players.I see a ton of things I could do 10 times better mechanically and a million things I could do better in rotations but I am still having great success casually solo queing in plat 2. I believe this build has very good potential and it should only get better as the most OP current meta builds get toned down.

Build link: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYtrlVwuYJMFGKWuT5rWA-zZR8MiUKkpKwxDABuild video link:

Carry me moar sir ?BR Sean ?

I adore this build. Fantastic hybrid damage, signets are by far very much overlooked.

Blinking up to someone's face and shattering to surprise them is brutal. I tend to use blink offensively more and more as time goes on.

The sheer damage that Confusing Images can pile on takes many people by surprise.

And again, staff is highely underrated when used as a utility weapon. Interrupting stomps, resurrections, and essence channels is a core use, and always, always using it's own field to have good chaos armor uptime.

I am trying to adapt this build for WvW. I am not yet sure that staff really works here. There's no fighting on nodes, and there are more situations where the stealth from torch #4 might help one to get away. I am still experimenting.

• 1 month later...