EU Log-in servers crashes and constant ping lag spikes + usual WvW skillag. How to play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK_niF0J7Mc

So typical showcase. PvP is mostly unplayable. WvW is mostly unplayable. TP is unplayable, since items and gold just disappear in some cases.

It is not my ISP. have decade long relationship and never had issues in 7 years if GW2 and in other online games. Also I had network monitor when recorded that never went over 90ms ping.

Hey guys!

I had the same issiue with TP up until yesterday evening. Everything I sold just disappeared and I didnt recieve any funds for the items I sold.

So I tried to do something different. instead of pressing the ”Sell instantly” button on TP, I tried to ”List” one cheap item for just slightly higher price. And that worked just well, and I could see the item in ”My transactions” tab. So I canceled the listing and the item loaded in my ”Delivery box”. I went to to the TP NPC and got the item back again. This time I tried to ”Sell instantly” again with the same cheap item. And it worked! And TP has been working just fine since then!

Now I dont know if this was just a coincedence or if this actually helped me connect to TP again somehow.

If you havent tried this, just try it with a cheap item. Maybe it works for you guys too!

So after totally unplayable 4k ping spike day I kind off wanted to play only thing that I really care about in GW2 - WvW reset/weekend.

I payed for good VPN and poof. Ping spike lag is gone. I do not know what kitten Anet done to servers but it definitely not my local ISP. Now I need to pay for VPN to play GW2.

Whats your point? My destination did not change. My ISP did not change. Anet server destination did not change. Anet "fix" EU servers - I have 4k ping spikes and log-in server crash almost on every loading screen. I use paid 3rd party VPN tool and it is fine.

Tell me where I am stupid and do knot know what I am doing?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"dFiance.2963" said:For me problem is solved im happy now ping good. But change game to port 80 dont know if this work or servers are now good.

What do you mean by "change game to port 80"?

It's NOT changing game's port. It's opening port FOR game.

@"Yakez.7561" said:Whats your point? My destination did not change. My ISP did not change. Anet server destination did not change. Anet "fix" EU servers - I have 4k ping spikes and log-in server crash almost on every loading screen. I use paid 3rd party VPN tool and it is fine.

.... If there was an issue with Anet servers then a VPN wouldnt fix anything, pinging to a VPN if anything increases response time? All that VPN is doing is connecting to another server that then pings anet servers. I really fail to see how this would in any way help if the problem werent on your end.

@"Yakez.7561" said:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK_niF0J7Mc

So typical showcase. PvP is mostly unplayable. WvW is mostly unplayable. TP is unplayable, since items and gold just disappear in some cases.

It is not my ISP. have decade long relationship and never had issues in 7 years if GW2 and in other online games. Also I had network monitor when recorded that never went over 90ms ping.

Same oh(((

@Incantus.8549 said:

@"Yakez.7561" said:Whats your point? My destination did not change. My ISP did not change. Anet server destination did not change. Anet "fix" EU servers - I have 4k ping spikes and log-in server crash almost on every loading screen. I use paid 3rd party VPN tool and it is fine.

.... If there was an issue with Anet servers then a VPN wouldnt fix anything, pinging to a VPN if anything increases response time? All that VPN is doing is connecting to another server that then pings anet servers. I really fail to see how this would in any way help if the problem werent on your end.

Made NA account specifically to test ping spikes. And there is none on NA meanwhile EU without VPN is barely playble as AFK necro. So where is "problem on my end"?

It is actually funny how VPN removes lag spikes in GW2 while direct connection causes them. Should be other way around.Had ping 600+ today at WvW on Blue Border for few hours, been spiking back and forth. VPN lowered it to approximately 115 without big spikes.