Anet This is All Kinds of Wrong!

@"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:A few weeks back i asked why the number 1 server in NA was linked to a high population server while the contenders were linked to medium population servers. Today i got my answer and it is just not right; https://imgur.com/o9Mgrd4

All i can say is it is abundantly clear that there is most definitely favoritism, and I'm shocked this would be condoned. It isn't about sour grapes it's about right and wrong and this is all kinds of wrong!

Why would Anet need to manipulate matches if they were so inclined? They can swap to any server they like at any time. Tbh I'm happy whenever I see an anet dev in WvW. Maybe I'm still hoping they'll really enjoy themselves and realise the game mode is worth saving.

Wow. I am stunned. There was almost a tear fall from my eye from happines that I finally saw a proof that at least one human from official ArenaNet staff is playing the WvW game mode. I even downloaded that screenshot, or I still wouldn't believe that. According to current WvW game mode status, I didnt believe that even a single ANet employee is actually even remotely touching WvW game mode at all. As anyone can clearly see from the history of my forum posts, I am definitely not an ArenaNet fanboy, honestly my attitude towards ANet can even be called slightly toxic and critical because their game changing decisions, but I 100% agree that ANet should be able to claim WvW objectives. Why? Because there are no GW2 test servers, heck, entire GW2 live game is a beta test everytime there is another game patch released, so ANet needs to test somewhere if their bugfixes are working.

I am playing GW2 since beta, but I never saw this in EU WvW. Never. This screenshot is an actual proof that ArenaNet is actually testing something in WvW at all, so I almost cannot believe I am saying this sentence: "Good job, ArenaNet!". And trust me, I rarely say "GJ" to ArenaNet with anything WvW-related.

If the conclusion one should draw from your statement is that AN wanted to have a powerful WvW combo to use for their advantage this is a weird logic considering the fact that AN devs can easily switch their accounts between NA and EU regions. I doubt it will be a big issue for them to move to any given server even an entire guild not to mention individual accounts. Thus they could join any powerful combo that would normally occur.

@Wojciech.8024 said:If the conclusion one should draw from your statement is that AN wanted to have a powerful WvW combo to use for their advantage this is a weird logic considering the fact that AN devs can easily switch their accounts between NA and EU regions. I doubt it will be a big issue for them to move to any given server even an entire guild not to mention individual accounts. Thus they could join any powerful combo that would normally occur.

Illuminati.

I don't get it, what is wrong with Anet claiming something? They can play the game if they want, and they should. I don't see how this is favouritism in any way, just because they claimed it. If they claim a server in T4 with the lowest population, is that also considered favouritism?

Heck, I wanna see more Anet peeps in WvW. We got a lot of new blood in WvW atm, and I hope they stay as well. On my alt I have made a template for specifically fighting newer players with blue/green gears with certain rules like no stunbreak, 1 slot for cleanse, traits with no passive where possible, etc. I know not everyone with a low rank is new, but when you give them a good fight exchange it helps make them stay in the game mode longer.

We need them to play but not only in t1. Like I posted before which was removed. They need to also join groups with coms but remain anonymous so players can't use them or bother them for favors. So they can feel the players and understand. Hop on all sides of a tier for atleast a day. Then understand the player base so they don't remain ignorant or apathetic of our concerns.

And if they die too much. Go play base rev all wanderers or minstrel. Dwarf demon popping pain absorb and rite of the great dwarf. Very easy class to play and you can't fuck up the traits and weapons and runes and sigils.

As a player from back in beta, the anet guild had players all over on many servers. However, just like players those people leave over time. Another thing people don't seem to grasp at all is the anet tag DOES NOT MEAN ITS A DEV. Anyone working for anet is able to join that guild, they do not have to be devs, very few actually play PvP or WvW and the few who do can often be watched on Twitch steaming their game play, warning, many of them are skill clickers, but props to them at least trying.

Next is you might be playing right next to someone in the anet guild, because just like any other guild, you do not have to rep it if you don't want to. Waaaaay back in the day on SoS we were having a guild run and someone in the group popped the anet tag, everyone Loved it and thought it was cool....For about half an hour. After which both servers moved to our BL and were hunting them, so we were getting double teamed everywhere we turned. A few months after that we see anet claim garri on one of the servers we were facing, people were in chat asking if anyone had seen the players with the tag anywhere and were even offering gold for proof of kill.

Needless to say, if I was in the anet guild, I would probably never rep it unless I wanted to just have a bad time. As people will go so far out of their way to kill them, which is probably one of the reasons you don't see them that often even if they are playing.

With that being said, the times I have seen them on my server or the other server, I have not seen them using any special powers or ability, though someone with the anet tag had been caught using a bug before. While they might have used dev powers before, I have not seen nor heard anyone claiming to have proof of them doing so. Something else to point out is they claimed the PAPER garri on their own BL that the other server owns most of the map including hills and bay and bay is T3ed. As such I don't think whatever "cheating" you are assuming they are doing is working very well.

Maybe people are upset about seeing the guild tag on stacked servers and seemingly in a trolling way like claiming SMC, or their keep after it got blobbed down, because, of, the, SILENCE.

A response would have gone a long long way. Just like all the other threads that are never responded to. New kids don't remember but they used to use the fourums too like a normal game company. Still do in the PvE sections.

@"SWI.4127" said:Was their link even high when relinks happened or did it just get bandwaggoned after the fact?

you can check the server population history at https://pop.apfelcreme.net

Last relink was at 27. march

Stormbluff IsleLast UpdatePopulation2020-04-13 20:50:03 full2020-03-30 21:05:03 very high2020-03-23 19:30:03 highwas high at relink

Ferguson's CrossingLast UpdatePopulation2020-04-13 20:50:03 high2020-04-06 21:30:04 medium2020-03-30 21:05:03 high2020-02-24 21:30:03 mediumwas medium at relink

Not really extraordinary that a high and a medium server got linked together :)Additionally SBI, wasn't the No1 Main before relink, but the Minor Server of the No 1 Fort Aspenwood.

I agree with commenters that Anet claiming a garrison is not evidence of collusion or favoritism. I also see the motivation behind the OP for this post, though I don't agree with the hard conclusions it calls out.

I have played in 4 different servers: GoM, SBI, NSP. and SoR, and logged a lot of hours playing WvW in all of them. Only in SBI have I seen frequent Anet employees playing. In the others, maybe an occasional one here or there. In SBI it was frequent.

It is also unarguable that the server linking that gifted SBI with an overwhelming supply of bandwagon players is annoying, unfair, frustrating and detrimental to WvW morale. If this excess population was increased even further by migration to SBI or FC is beside the point. Both servers had a lot of WvW players when linked anyway.

So I can see how these things would give way to suspicious looks and accusations from conspiracy theorists. No evidence... but sure looks fishy.

Yeah sure ... all the 'bad' matchups ... it's just a big conspiracy for Anet to slip in capture a zone that ONE time at band camp ... nice one :astonished:

I don't get the problem ... If Anet just wanted to rig the game for people at Anet who play ... why would they go through the trouble of actually manipulating the code for a specific match up and then PLAYING the game to capture that? The idea that there is some 'rigging' going on here is rather poorly proposed and absurd considering whatever advantage or items or benefits Anet would have rigged the game for in that situation would have been MUCH easier achieved for them otherwise.

I say ... so what ... just capture it back. It's irrelevant who owns it or how they got it.