Burning guardian needs deletion(any spec, core, fb, dh).

Burning damage needs big nerf since it scales so much with condition damage stat. For short duration, big damage is done. Burning in PvP is fine if it is the only condition(easy to cleanse), but problems happen when classes that cause burning like guardian apply multiple conditions. So not just even if you cleanse its stacks but new 10 comes right after that. Even as renegade(class that reduces condition damage but also rev that doesn't have good condition cleanses) i couldn't tank burning.

So i propose some big nerfs to guardian might(boon) sources, condition damage stats, their burning stacks from weapons and other effects like spining sword on the ground etc.This is unhealthy for game, to have a guard that does 5k+ burning damage per second. Literally playing pve dps in pvp.Hope arenanet devs will reconsider guardian for next balance patch. They did good job for nerfing mesmer, thieves, revs, now it is time to nerf guardians too.

prntscr.com/sig42i

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:Burning damage needs big nerf since it scales so much with condition damage stat.

EDIT: 5k per tick is like 16-18 stacks of burning. If you get hit by that much, you are omegalul anyway. Maybe stop playing jalis kalla.

Yeah 0.155 coefficient, scales so much.

Do you want every condi to be 0.06 like poison and bleed?

I think they need to nerf POWER parts of those skills. Torch 4 has 1.75 coefficient for power, lol.

Burn guard is a build that relies mainly on sword of justice, which has two extremes:

• Insignificant damage against aware people, people will not even step in your sword of justice.
  • Insanely rewardful when used to cleave downstate/used sneakily in a teamfight (we are speaking here about 10k/s against a downstate, making it effectively impossible to rez).

It is part on the inconsistent design of the class, with burning mechanics no one asked for, which can only be made potent with other stupid mechanic no one asked for (AoE burn with traited F1/burn on sword of justice). It effectively hard counters your build (which hard counters itself all the others guard builds).

Besides being clunkily stupid, it is not overpowered by itself considering how easily counterable it is (don't walk in sword of justice, or use a cleanse right after and gg). Although I would love to see some changes made in guard in general to make it feel more "consistent".

I was having trouble with core burn guard for a while until I realized that I was panic cleansing too soon. I played it for a bit and realized that, in most cases, my burns were taking a while to down someone. Usually, they had a second or two after my burst to cleanse before they dropped, and if they succeeded in cleansing my burns, my pressure was significantly reduced.

If I had any advice to give when dealing with burn guard, it would be don't panic. You won't drop to burn damage right away. Make sure you time your clenases well then go in for some counter pressure. Burn Guard has good burst sustain, but it's cooldown reliant, so once you've baited their CD's they're an easy kill. I'd also reccommend playing it for a bit so you can get a feel for how long it takes for someone to die to your burns.

No.

Burn guard is a meme, pub-stomp, gold rank build at best. It's not even a top build in higher brackets (could be if played well, but there are stronger more OP builds).

They are completely nullified by Resistance, range, and pressure. On my build, I can even facetank by outcleansing the burn stacks when they come to duel me. Malyx rev also just deletes the burn guard, as do a few other builds.

If you're allowing a burn guard to bully you, then you're not pressuring him enough. Your panicking with cleanses, and have no Res as well probably. And you're giving him the space to do his thing.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:If you're allowing a burn guard to bully you, then you're not pressuring him enough.

OP nearly always plays jalis/kalla, that build is almost hard countered by burn guard. That's why he is asking for deletion lol.

All is clear now.

Jallis/Kalla is a fun little build, but it's got lots of weaknesses yeah.

I think a lot of the crying in general comes from gold players running off-meta when they face plat players running meta builds or some cheese that is difficult to comprehend, like the burn guard.

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:Burning damage needs big nerf since it scales so much with condition damage stat. For short duration, big damage is done. Burning in PvP is fine if it is the only condition(easy to cleanse), but problems happen when classes that cause burning like guardian apply multiple conditions. So not just even if you cleanse its stacks but new 10 comes right after that. Even as renegade(class that reduces condition damage but also rev that doesn't have good condition cleanses) i couldn't tank burning.

Oh you cannot tank something that was designed to be a bunker killer? Well I guess it's time to nerf it to the ground! (After all moving offpoint in an 1v1 - how stupid - thats for all the other classes not me!)

So i propose some big nerfs to guardian might(boon) sources, condition damage stats, their burning stacks from weapons and other effects like spining sword on the ground etc.This is unhealthy for game, to have a guard that does 5k+ burning damage per second. Literally playing pve dps in pvp.

Speaking about what's unhealthy for the game, delete Jalis/Kalla please. Why is renegade even viable in PvP, the visual clutter is already too much at teamfights. Same reason I hate minon master necromancers, at least they border on meme viability and noone plays them seriously. And guess what, AoE burning is also the way to deal with those. We need burning builds(or anything analogous to them) around to cull the insanity that is a fight where 60%+ of entitites present are AI controlled things.

Hope arenanet devs will reconsider guardian for next balance patch. They did good job for nerfing mesmer, thieves, revs, now it is time to nerf guardians too.

Yeah, overnerfing classes to force them into 1 role is clearly a good job. Lets add renegade to that list, it's one role can be support DPS in PvE raids.

So just to reiterate: you're playing a build that's much more problematic compared to the build you're trying to get nerfed, so your complaints cannot be taken seriously.Yes burn guard counters bunker renegade, thank kitten at least that one build does that.

Well if guard did anything but just spamming 1111 scepter/other weapon(to proc passive burning) and spining sword on the ground, i wouldn't complain, but playing like it is hitting boss in pve....man :PIt is good counter to renegade but both that guard and renegade(tank) play styles are poorly designed. Spamming spells all over again and 1,1,1,1...It happened many times that in ~1650 rating games, enemy had exact burning guard or even 2 and just melting all of us in few seconds.I think retaliation is a good enough counter to renegade, those burning stacks with 5-6k tiks is out of mind : D

you play Kalla/Jallis? with menders and possibly dollyak?your build is a plague that just stands on point and spams. oh you get countered by a one trick pony?So i propose you propose some big nerfs to your build that covers the capture point and give out pulsing alacrity/pulsing stability/20 might /aoe protection/aoe heal with condi dmg reduction/ aoe 50% dmg reduction/aoe life steal and spam cc

yeah well...dont you think YOU deserve that deletion?

Burn and suffer in silence

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@lovemghool.7613 said:So i propose you propose some big nerfs to your build that covers the capture point and give out pulsing alacrity/pulsing stability/20 might /aoe protection/aoe heal with condi dmg reduction/ aoe 50% dmg reduction/aoe life steal and spam ccThere are several fake news in there.

Care to list them? The only one I was able to spot was 20 might. As far as I know, you can do all the rest.

I think Guardians in general are FAR from being the unhealthiest things in PvP.Firebrands maybe, but Core and DH are performing well, but not too strong.In my opinion, Thief's runaway disengage potential is worse for the gamemode than anything a Core Guardian or DH could throw at you.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@lovemghool.7613 said:So i propose you propose some big nerfs to your build that covers the capture point and give out pulsing alacrity/pulsing stability/20 might /aoe protection/aoe heal with condi dmg reduction/ aoe 50% dmg reduction/aoe life steal and spam ccThere are several fake news in there.

Care to list them? The only one I was able to spot was 20 might. As far as I know, you can do all the rest.They all are technically possible. Understand, the game allows it. But good luck trying those in real life.
  • pulsing alacrity: you waste 20 energy on 75 for a total of 1.25s (~2.25s if traited) ahead? LOL
  • pulsing stab: ok
  • 20 might: you can even have perma 25 might
  • aoe protection: ok
  • aoe heal with condi dmg reduction: okay-ish. It would rather want it to condi cleanse or give resistance, but it s a personal opinion.
  • aoe 50% damage reduction: it is almost mutually exclusive with pulsing stab due to energy cost (+ it s the only stunbreak).
  • aoe life steal: ok
  • spamm cc: it is daze actually but okay-ish. 1 aoe cc negate the whole legend. WOW

Is not very good. I did play power Herald, condi Herald, condi Renegade, carrior Firebrand, sage Firebrand and mender Firebrand in this season (~260 mtaches). In Firebrand I moved from carrion, then sage and finally mender because the amount of damage gained with carrion didn't pay off how weak the healings were with the spec. Core burn guardian does more damage and has better heals in 1 vs 1 than the symbolic Firebrand, but lacks the axe, which is much better weapon in teamfights. You sacrifice too much team presence running a yolo burning Guard, that's why you don't see them in the AT. Maybe it can feel strong against some builds, but is a one trick pony with small weight in the current meta; don't see the reason to nerf it.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

Care to list them? The only one I was able to spot was 20 might. As far as I know, you can do all the rest.

equip Vindication and start 111ing something on shortbow. press F2 for more when not attacking. still possible without Vindication with just f2 and sigil of courage but why would you not use it anyway.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

Care to list them? The only one I was able to spot was 20 might. As far as I know, you can do all the rest.They all are technically possible. Understand, the game allows it. But good luck trying those in real life.
  • pulsing alacrity: you waste 20 energy on 75 for a total of 1.25s (~2.25s if traited) ahead? LOL
  • pulsing stab: ok
  • 20 might: you can even have perma 25 might
  • aoe protection: ok
  • aoe heal with condi dmg reduction: okay-ish. It would rather want it to condi cleanse or give resistance, but it s a personal opinion.
  • aoe 50% damage reduction: it is almost mutually exclusive with pulsing stab due to energy cost (+ it s the only stunbreak).
  • aoe life steal: ok
  • spamm cc: it is daze actually but okay-ish. 1 aoe cc negate the whole legend. WOW

Charged Mists exists and is used for this energy hungry build so you are encouraged to spend almost all energy before swapping regardless. you dont need the rite always and you can opt to toggle on vengeful hammers for 20 or any other utility if you are not pressured.

As for the cc the build has AOE CC with most of it being from rangeDarkrazor's daring: daze spam for 6 seconds on 12 seconds cooldown is not the only cc available to you and is on a low cooldownShortbow 5: 2 seconds aoe ranged knockdown on 12seconds cooldownStaff 5: aoe knockback and evade 20 seconds. yes yes it is garbage but still existsForced engagement: cheap cost aoe taunt and slow on 15 seconds cooldown

@"Svez Poizon XD.5268" said:Burning damage needs big nerf since it scales so much with condition damage stat. For short duration, big damage is done. Burning in PvP is fine if it is the only condition(easy to cleanse), but problems happen when classes that cause burning like guardian apply multiple conditions. So not just even if you cleanse its stacks but new 10 comes right after that. Even as renegade(class that reduces condition damage but also rev that doesn't have good condition cleanses) i couldn't tank burning.

So i propose some big nerfs to guardian might(boon) sources, condition damage stats, their burning stacks from weapons and other effects like spining sword on the ground etc.This is unhealthy for game, to have a guard that does 5k+ burning damage per second. Literally playing pve dps in pvp.Hope arenanet devs will reconsider guardian for next balance patch. They did good job for nerfing mesmer, thieves, revs, now it is time to nerf guardians too.

prntscr.com/sig42i

+1

Soldiers Role-Guardian'Guardian Profession are the masters of protection.'https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guardian

NOT MASTERS OF CONDITION SKILL CASTER!!!!!

Why Are Soldier Professions Such As Warrior, Guardian and Renegade Are Allowed To Play Scholar Profession Roles? Also, Why Are They Even Allowed To Surpass Their Conditions And Being Praised For It And Being Excused From Nerfings?

In other word, Soldier Professions Are Freely Given Full Control To Overtake Other Profession Roles At Ease Without Having Any Restrictions or Consequences Whatsoever?

Yet Necromancer; A Scholar Profession Is Punished, Ridiculed And Treated As A Scapegoat....For Being Who They Are Called To Be, Who Their Ancestor Called Them To Be- Condition Master?

A Non-Condition Role Treated As A Golden Child vs A Condition Role Treated As A Scapegoat?

@"Svez Poizon XD.5268" said:Burning damage needs big nerf since it scales so much with condition damage stat. For short duration, big damage is done. Burning in PvP is fine if it is the only condition(easy to cleanse), but problems happen when classes that cause burning like guardian apply multiple conditions. So not just even if you cleanse its stacks but new 10 comes right after that. Even as renegade(class that reduces condition damage but also rev that doesn't have good condition cleanses) i couldn't tank burning.

prntscr.com/sig42i

So....Burning is over performing so you want to nerf guards everywhere including power builds? Why not tame burning rather than nerfing guard might, condi stats and burn application?

Also, in PvP and the lower over all dmg I have never had a problem with burn specs and I don't see them often at all, mostly because the dps is pigeon holed and can just be walked out of, in most cases not even needing a cleanse because most of the big skills are static ground targeted and lack any serious cover condis. Now if we were talking WvW in larger group fights trolling it can be effective because there are so many cover condis tossed around for you and the visual skill mess can make it hard to see what is hitting you. However vs a guild group, it will be cleansed long before it has time to tick twice. So even here it's a noob/pug killer and not much more, if I find one solo, its a free kill.