Let's make a list

let's list what's OP, OK or underpowered (UP), being OK the desired power level

the vote is considering the strongest build available by that spec

core ele UPtempest OPweaver OK

core mesmer OKchrono UPmirage OK

core necro OKreaper OKscourge UP

ranger OK some pets still OPdruid UPsoulbeast OK

thief

not sure what's overperforming wotu condi but that is OP, the power variations are ok not sure about DE state

engi UPscrapper OKholo OP

warrior Okberserker UPspellbreaker OK

rev not sureherald OPrenegade it seems ok after patch/hotfix not sure

Guardians in general need a nerf to their burn, after that they may be Ok and fb still OP

weaver, power thief and core necro may come out stronger if every OP is properly nerfed along with FB

Renegade has a lot of damage/cc but cant deal with pressure. Their performance in soloQ is completely random, better in duoq though. Herald isn't OP in soloQ, everybody plays something that can easilly deal with it. Core res doesnt eist. Core ranger is better than SB/druid.

Druid is bad because if you want to go off thorn ult, they can easilly roll over trap drops to ignore the cc. Nobody cares about bunker druid.

@"Wojciech.8024" said:And the purpose of such a list is....?

To prevent the balance team to continue the transversal work they started few months ago.It is too early for such a topic, we should encourage the devs to continue reshaping the game in a more healthy way. These QQ threads "nerf this buff that" bring nothing more than noise in this overall work.

Then it should be way more complex. There is a huge difference between the same specialization in different game modes. Additionally reducing the complexity of each specialization to a statement OK or NOT OK (either way) defies the idea of the discussion entirely. If it is supposed to be a serious analysis it should come down to in-depth insight to the trait/stats-specific level. Otherwise, it can be summarized as "according to player X some classes require changes while other can stay as they are, while according to player Y different specs need a balance". Pretty much obvious conclusion that can be drawn for each player without making any list. Just like saying an obvious truth such as "it either rains or does not rain" - it is always a true statement, but does it clarify in any way what clothes to wear today?

Warrior - UPBerserker - UPSpellbreaker - Almost acceptable "but I feel it is the best model for what a balanced class should actually look like"

Guardian - Acceptable "Lots of people complaining about condi but it's really not that big of a deal"Dragonhunter - AcceptableFirebrand - Acceptable

Revenant - UPHerald - OP "Shiro too much damage for it's chase potential/target +ing power. Mallyx is too tanky"Renegade - Sometimes UP, sometimes OP "It's just all circumstantial. But Kalla is annoying and questionable to if it should ever be viable in pvp""

Engineer - UPScrapper - AcceptableHolosmith - Acceptable

Ranger - AcceptableDruid - UPSoulbeast - UP

Thief - P/D is stupidly OP "Not even going to explain why. There are plenty of other threads currently discussing this build"Daredevil - AcceptableDeadeye - UP

Mesmer - UPChrono - UPMirage - UP

Elementalist - UPTempest - OP "It's the aura share, it's too much"Weaver - Acceptable

Necromancer - AcceptableReaper - AcceptableScourge - UP

My list:

Ele UPTempest OPWeaver OP

Necro OKReaper OKScourge UP

Mesmer OKChrono UPMirage OK

Warrior UPBerserker UPSpellbreaker UP

Guardian OPDragonhunter OKFirebrand OP

Revenant OKHerold OPRenegade OP

Engineer OKScrapper OPHolosmith OP

Ranger OPDruid UPSoulbeast OP

Thief OPDaredevil OKDeadeye OK

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:My list:

so almost every class is ok/op except the class you play? That coincidence is too suspect bro.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Warrior - UPBerserker - UPSpellbreaker - Almost acceptable "but I feel it is the best model for what a balanced class should actually look like"

Guardian - Acceptable "Lots of people complaining about condi but it's really not that big of a deal"Dragonhunter - AcceptableFirebrand - Acceptable

Revenant - UPHerald - OP "Shiro too much damage for it's chase potential/target +ing power. Mallyx is too tanky"Renegade - Sometimes UP, sometimes OP "It's just all circumstantial. But Kalla is annoying and questionable to if it should ever be viable in pvp""

Engineer - UPScrapper - AcceptableHolosmith - Acceptable

Ranger - AcceptableDruid - UPSoulbeast - UP

Thief - P/D is stupidly OP "Not even going to explain why. There are plenty of other threads currently discussing this build"Daredevil - AcceptableDeadeye - UP

Mesmer - UPChrono - UPMirage - UP

Elementalist - UPTempest - OP "It's the aura share, it's too much"Weaver - Acceptable

Necromancer - AcceptableReaper - AcceptableScourge - UP

Still dont know what game do u play xd ,ranger is one of the best sidenoders this meta xd

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

so almost every class is ok/op except the class you play? That coincidence is too suspect bro.

I dont play Warrior in PvP and do you think Warrior is ok in this meta? I the last 240 Games i played i can count the number of warrios on one hand.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

LoL I was thinking the same as I read that list. But hey, we were asked for our opinions!

I wouldn't trust anyone here unless they main a class, reason being: Bias.

Like a player who hates guardian/warrior/mesmer/thief will say they are op no matter what and only say they are possibly balanced when they are not viable, and these descriptions are not good enough.

Where are the thief mains here to speak about the class? where are the high pvp platinum mesmers and warrior mains?

@"Naxos.2503" said:Warrior is Ok ? O.o

Really ? Huh. I'll have to review my constant Invulnerability builds again, since it's acceptable.Getting 1v1d by a thief using no brain cells is hardly "okay". Not to mention stone heart/elemental shielding.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

Revenant - UPHerald - OP "Shiro too much damage for it's chase potential/target +ing power. Mallyx is too tanky"Renegade - Sometimes UP, sometimes OP "It's just all circumstantial. But Kalla is annoying and questionable to if it should ever be viable in pvp""Power Shiro is overrated in soloQ, explosives holo better.

I would like to see more what mechanics are op/ok/up.

Ok here my list:

Ele - uptempest - upWeaver - op/ok

Mesmer - okchrono - okmirrage - op

Necro - okreaper - okscourge - up

ranger - updruid - oksoulbeast - ok

thief - okdaredevil - up/opdeadeye - up/ok

engie - upscrapper - ok/opholo - ok

warri - upberserk - upspellbreaker - ok

Guard- updh - upFB - ok/op

rev - ok/opherald - ok/oprenegard - ok/op

• Based on playerskill, most classes can dramaticaly change to underpowered and all burst/condi builds to op against most players!
  • On theoriecraft you have the best matchup as mirrage
  • kite is op, but most players dont use them right
  • best duo-q on theory is druid+warrior cause you can hold 2 points and/or support teamfights
  • best duo-q on abuse playerhabbits is double mirrage if you can play that class otherwise just play 2 burst combs
  • worst abuseable map: Temple
  • best abuseable map: Niflhel

@xp eke xp.6724 said:I would like to see more what mechanics are op/ok/up.

Ok here my list:

Ele - uptempest - upWeaver - op/ok

Mesmer - okchrono - okmirrage - op

Necro - okreaper - okscourge - up

ranger - updruid - oksoulbeast - ok

thief - okdaredevil - up/opdeadeye - up/ok

engie - upscrapper - ok/opholo - ok

warri - upberserk - upspellbreaker - ok

Guard- updh - upFB - ok/op

rev - ok/opherald - ok/oprenegard - ok/op

• Based on playerskill, most classes can dramaticaly change to underpowered and all burst/condi builds to op against most players!
  • On theoriecraft you have the best matchup as mirrage
  • kite is op, but most players dont use them right
  • best duo-q on theory is druid+warrior cause you can hold 2 points and/or support teamfights
  • best duo-q on abuse playerhabbits is double mirrage if you can play that class otherwise just play 2 burst combs
  • worst abuseable map: Temple
  • best abuseable map: Niflhel

I like how in your book, chrono is OK while ranger is UP. Lovely :D

Ele OPTempest OPWeaver OPNecro OPReaper OPScourge OPMesmer OPChrono OPMirage OPWarrior OPBerserker OPSpellbreaker OPGuardian OPDragonhunter OPFirebrand OPRevenant OPHerold OPRenegade OPEngineer OPScrapper OPHolosmith OPRanger OPDruid OPSoulbeast OPThief OPDaredevil OPDeadeye OP