Unfair PvP leveling up

I am new to the game and I have been playing some arenas in PvP and I have realized that no matter what is done in the game if it is lost they do not give any experience, but if you win the experience bar is filled almost all . There should be a little more experience in my opinion, since if you are in a bad game streak you will not level up. What do you think?

^ But even after a chain of defeats in a row you end recovering those loses into wins. If you play 50 games chances are that will be 50/50 so at the end doesn't matter that much. And as other said, the difference urges to try to win. To be honest, It would be fine even if losing a game only provided 1 or 2 pips.

@Buran.3796 said:^ But even after a chain of defeats in a row you end recovering those loses into wins. If you play 50 games chances are that will be 50/50 so at the end doesn't matter that much. And as other said, the difference urges to try to win. To be honest, It would be fine even if losing a game only provided 1 or 2 pips.

I play alone and I am paired with random people so it is difficult to propose to win because I do not play alone. For example, I have a streak of 5 losses and I have not reached half of the experience bar and previously I won two or three games and went up one level.

I'm assuming you talk about rank (which replaces the normal exp bar when you enter sPvP).

First of this is only used for two things:

• A little extra loot as you play more matches
  • To give some cool finishers to show other players how far you've come

Like the normal experience bar in PvE, it caps at lvl 80. After that it repeats that lvl 80 over and over which happens at the same rate for everyone. You getting to that cap is another story.

Remember you have to queue in Ranked or Unranked in order to progress your rank lvl. If you join a random hotjoin arena you get near to no rank gain win or lose. Make sure to press one of the two BIG (click the PvP icon on top left of screen to see them) buttons and that you are in a queue - this means you get full rank rewards for that match.

All that being said, basically if you win all your games you get to lvl 80 3x faster than someone who lost all their games - that's it. Everyone gets there eventually, you just have to play enough matches. So just keep playing and you'll get there in no time.

Source:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Rank

@"rng.1024" said:I'm assuming you talk about rank (which replaces the normal exp bar when you enter sPvP).

Like the normal experience bar in PvE, it caps at lvl 80. After that it repeats that lvl 80 over and over which happens at the same rate for everyone. You getting to that cap is another story.

Remember you have to queue in Ranked or Unranked in order to progress your rank lvl. If you join a random hotjoin arena you get near to no rank gain win or lose. Make sure to press one of the two BIG (click the PvP icon on top left of screen to see them) buttons and that you are in a queue - this means you get full rank rewards for that match.

All that being said, basically if you win all your games you get to lvl 80 3x faster than someone who lost all their games - that's it. Everyone gets there eventually, you just have to play enough matches. So just keep playing and you'll get there in no time.

Source:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Rank

I'm new to the game and I'm trying to get to level 20 to play league, that's the problem. In addition, the only thing that encourages this is not to play because you will not gain experience.

@"Toressea.4503" said:I am new to the game and I have been playing some arenas in PvP and I have realized that no matter what is done in the game if it is lost they do not give any experience, but if you win the experience bar is filled almost all . There should be a little more experience in my opinion, since if you are in a bad game streak you will not level up. What do you think?

Almost every reward track gives tomes of knowledge -> each one is worth 1 level. YOu can level with PVP if you want.

EDIT: if you're talking rank, then this still makes sense. Even if you hit level 20 to "compete" you still may have a ways to go in order to compete with the players who have been playing this game for years. Unranked is nothing compared to ranked and count this as your "tutoring" in the game mode.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Toressea.4503 said:I am new to the game and I have been playing some arenas in PvP and I have realized that no matter what is done in the game if it is lost they do not give any experience, but if you win the experience bar is filled almost all . There should be a little more experience in my opinion, since if you are in a bad game streak you will not level up. What do you think?

Almost every reward track gives tomes of knowledge -> each one is worth 1 level. YOu can level with PVP if you want.

I understand that the tomes of knowledge can only be used in PvE.

@Toressea.4503 said:

@Toressea.4503 said:I am new to the game and I have been playing some arenas in PvP and I have realized that no matter what is done in the game if it is lost they do not give any experience, but if you win the experience bar is filled almost all . There should be a little more experience in my opinion, since if you are in a bad game streak you will not level up. What do you think?

I understand that the tomes of knowledge can only be used in PvE.

See edit.

@Toressea.4503 said:

@"rng.1024" said:I'm assuming you talk about rank (which replaces the normal exp bar when you enter sPvP).

Source:

I'm new to the game and I'm trying to get to level 20 to play league, that's the problem. In addition, the only thing that encourages this is not to play because you will not gain experience.

I see :)

The 20 rank requirement is only there to make sure everyone play a minimum amount of Unranked games before they are allowed to compete in Ranked.

Most players in both modes only win half their matches, so don't worry about win/lose streaks.

If you are however looking for ways to be a better asset to your team and increase your chances of winning your matches and thereby gain ranks faster (which you definitely should!), then taking a moment to learn how conquest works and what your class has to offer will boost you alot.

Here's a few links to get you started: