Reduce CC for the love of Christ

I also noticed the amount of cc in pvp increased a lot even before it was hardly tolerable but now it like you said I always wondered why this game has so much cc in it in general, this is really bad for the feeling of your/the gameplay.( mean all modes) In PvP(also wvw so far I can tell) we have at the moment a cc+ condi meta which really feels like the pest to be a bit clear this has a great synergy with itself because with increased condi duration you have increased soft-cc. I also have seen a lot of nerco build which target especially this.

I already said it a few times it not necessary a problem in itself it only a problem when you can spam things basically like the warrior hammer which basically everyone I know say it is bad design/OP . For DPS the rifle of the deadeye is another example of this.(yeah I know they nerfed the elite spec instead)

Well in theory you can take this for CC and say we buff things instead well how to do that for ele I already said in my thread about it , make arcane trait great again , changes how tempest overload work(100x times suggested) and some tweaks for weaver . Well they did give staff a bit of stabi which have atm 0 use so far I can tell.

What speaks for it is with all the nerfs which happened a lot of skills dropped under the power curve there were certain reasons that certain skills got abandon by players like "Feel My Wrath!" or Sanctuary from the guard or for necro blood magic I heard . So constantly nerfing stuff can have unexpected consequence.

EDIT: about the meta it also bunker because healers can often not be killed any more except warrior to be precise in unranked the players lack the skill to kill them often and in ranked good luck with just 2 players.

I think with that recent bigger balancing patch where they wanted to reduce the damage ... they also removed damage from CC to make it "weaker". But that might have been the wrong move.

With less damage overall the people will stay alive longer. So it is worth more to bring CC (instead of just trying to spike down enemies) now. They should have considered a mix of reducing damage and increasing cooldown - on the CC stuff. Instead of only taking away almost all the damage from the CC skills.

I believe the intention was to make CC do no damage then slowly add it back till it's in a healthy state. What removing the damage allowed everyone to see is that it's not just the damage of CC it's that there's simply too much CC vs stability.

You can add more stability back in but realistically only a few classes have ever had stability in decent amounts, guard, warrior, ranger and then rev later when it came. These classes already have stability they just rarely use it so not much buffing is really needed and giving stab to classes that were not balanced around having stab is very risky as shown by engineer.

The other option is to start increasing the cool downs of CC and their trade off so while you might get front loaded with CC the prevalence after the initial fight goes down and you have to think a little more about hitting with CC.

A combination of making the stab players do have a little more accessible and toning down CC would make the game a bit more fun than "I can't play for 10s"

I thought this removal was just an intermediate step to give time to rework the crazy amount of impacted skills, but now I am not so sure ... it feels like theses changes are permanent. We have been promised fast impactful patches, but all we have are semi-hotfixes to some "a bit more broken skill" ... which does absolutely not change the overall feeling of the game: too much of everything, it is just a spamfest.With the slow response of Anet it will take years before seeing a healthy pvp mode if going in that direction, while planning to release an expansion meanwhile. Future won't be bright, bois!

I just wish they'd split stun/daze skills in two categories: incapacitade skills have a 2+ second duration stun/daze and a massive cooldown, 60 or 80+ seconds at least, and interrupt skills which would no longer have any stun/daze duration at all, they'd just cancel the current skill being used and make it go on the interrupt cooldown, and would have a lower more accessible cooldown.

I feel that'd make CC still relevant and powerful while not getting chained with 10 1 second duration stuns and dazes, and the occasional 4 second stun.

Alternatively other solutions I can think of would be diminishing returns of CC per target player, or using a stunbreak skill makes you immune to CC for 2 seconds. Anything really just nerf CC in some form.

@mistsim.2748 said:I will just say that Malyx/Glint has 3 spammable hard-CC abilities. It's kind of dumb on a build that already does so much other stuff.Since when 15-35 secs make a skill spammable? Because if we go that way i am pretty sure almost all builds have a spammable CC. And since it spammable, it doesn't matter if it has 1,2 or 10 spammable CCs.

@mistsim.2748 said:I will just say that Malyx/Glint has 3 spammable hard-CC abilities. It's kind of dumb on a build that already does so much other stuff.

You seem to forget that Revenants are shackled by the energy resource system.They already can due less than other professions due to that.The little they can do should at least be above average.Not that the Glint Elite or Axe #5 ever hits anyone competent in 1vs1.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:I will just say that Malyx/Glint has 3 spammable hard-CC abilities. It's kind of dumb on a build that already does so much other stuff.

You seem to forget that Revenants are shackled by the energy resource system.They already can due less than other professions due to that.The little they can do should at least be above average.Not that the Glint Elite or Axe #5 ever hits anyone competent in 1vs1.

Chaos, Malyx leap utility, Axe 5. When someone blows their dodge rolls, you can basically stunlock an entire area on a very low CD. It is entirely stupid on a build that already does 5 other things very well. I duo this with my buddy who runs scepter weaver just off the point, and it's free kills for him all day. But it works with anything really.

Most of the current cc does minimal damage. The reason you see so much is because with the nerfs in damage you need to be sure that you can apply pressure, so in skirmishes players try to stack cc to land their heavy hitters.

The lesson is: you shouldn't try to step in the control points if you're unable to endure those combined attacks for a given time. The same that you can use Rev's staff #5 to enter in the DH pit to disable their traps, you can bait the enemies with some classes to waste their burst of cc in invulnerable states. What makes no sense is jumping in the central control point at the beginning of the match running a Thief, or a Mesmer or a Ranger, expecting that "thing will go well".

@mistsim.2748 said:

Chaos, Malyx leap utility, Axe 5. When someone blows their dodge rolls, you can basically stunlock an entire area on a very low CD.When someone blows their dodge rolls, anybody and his mother can basically stunlock him. I don t know how 35secs is a low CD for you but okay.@mistsim.2748 said:

It is entirely stupid on a build that already does 5 other things very well.which are?

@"aelska.4609" said:I thought this removal was just an intermediate step to give time to rework the crazy amount of impacted skills, but now I am not so sure ... it feels like theses changes are permanent. We have been promised fast impactful patches, but all we have are semi-hotfixes to some "a bit more broken skill" ... which does absolutely not change the overall feeling of the game: too much of everything, it is just a spamfest.With the slow response of Anet it will take years before seeing a healthy pvp mode if going in that direction, while planning to release an expansion meanwhile. Future won't be bright, bois!

The last balance patch was supposed to be more substantial but but patches make people nervous and the zoomers cry so no more big patch till they have finished complaining about +5s on a stupidly low cool down.

@Buran.3796 said:Most of the current cc does minimal damage. The reason you see so much is because with the nerfs in damage you need to be sure that you can apply pressure, so in skirmishes players try to stack cc to land their heavy hitters.

That argument is irrelevant. The CC itself does minimal damage, but the follow up skill does considerable damage and you have nothing to react with. And yea, no shit that the reason I'm seeing is because it's optimal, that's obvious to any unbalanced aspect. The problem is that it shouldn't be this excessive.

@Buran.3796 said:The lesson is: you shouldn't try to step in the control points if you're unable to endure those combined attacks for a given time. The same that you can use Rev's staff #5 to enter in the DH pit to disable their traps, you can bait the enemies with some classes to waste their burst of cc in invulnerable states. What makes no sense is jumping in the central control point at the beginning of the match running a Thief, or a Mesmer or a Ranger, expecting that "thing will go well".

That is often not an option, when no one else in your team is standing on the point so the enemy can free cap it, especially cuz "given time" is whole minutes. Not every class has invulnerable states, such abilities are rare, low duration, and high on cooldown, completely innadequate to deal with the constant CC income. What makes no sense is assuming everyone complaning about an utterly obvious balance and gameplay issue is a thief, mesmer or ranger (the last one being contradicting to your argument since rangers can make very good bunkers).

@"White Kitsunee.4620" said:Cc is the only way to kill a bunch of classes right now.Looking at necro/ranger/rev

If CC is toned down then active defense also needs to be toned down imo.

I was honestly spamming that in my head to try and stay happy with it. "This much CC is necessary it keeps bunkers in check", but I swear it's too much even for that, you can safely reduce it without overbuffing those classes, and if not then I'll take a slight nerf to them too, but this amount of CC is unnaceptable.