About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Maybe hmu w a text too and an email and fb messenger and i-m on aol and page me and tweet meh and Instagram message me just in case I can't figure out stuff. If I have a log in issue in any game I try a few times then go oh I better check the forum to see if it's not just me. Then anet or other company's see the forums tell their bosses then release We are aware of the issue. Then the investigate it then perform maint. I don't know why you need to be hand held step by step when the step by step is the same every time. Some games gives compensation some don't too so take the mount or bonfire and be thankful it's better then nothing

Its a pain to read your posting and you dont even seem to understand what ive wrote. For example there was a long time where the game had the issue and many ppl didnt even know because they could still login.

I dont even understand what your point is?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to have more communication, but this last situation was handled pretty well by them. When it happened, none of them were up and ready, once they were they worked on it and updated us after a while. That's how it should be, not more, not less.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Maybe hmu w a text too and an email and fb messenger and i-m on aol and page me and tweet meh and Instagram message me just in case I can't figure out stuff. If I have a log in issue in any game I try a few times then go oh I better check the forum to see if it's not just me. Then anet or other company's see the forums tell their bosses then release We are aware of the issue. Then the investigate it then perform maint. I don't know why you need to be hand held step by step when the step by step is the same every time. Some games gives compensation some don't too so take the mount or bonfire and be thankful it's better then nothing

Its a pain to read your posting and you dont even seem to understand what ive wrote. For example there was a long time where the game had the issue and many ppl didnt even know because they could still login.

I dont even understand what your point is?

I do understand. You for some reason need more communication.

You need it to be on the forums which it was but also the launcher and other places so I listed 8 ways to hit me up for anet as sarcasm

My point is it is the same process everytime. There is a crash/error on the servers that creates log in issues. Then we run on the forums and alert anet. Then anet posts we are aware. Then they diagnose it. Then perform maintenance to fix it. The whole time they tell us every step of the way.

It's a pain to have to separate stuff because you can't read a paragraph

Ok you are trolling i'm going to ignore you from now on.

@"Swagger.1459" said:

And maybe you didn’t read the thread either...

“ They posted here in case anyone has not seen it >>>

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047546674-European-Server-Rollback-Issue-12-05-2020__" We are still looking into refunding eligible purchases, restoring gems and possibly some high-level items automatically over the next few days. We will update you about when restoration and compensation will take place, and what items will be eligible. Please check your account carefully. If you are missing items that were in your inventory BEFORE 2:40 AM PST (11:40 CEST) on 11/05/2020, please submit a ticket and provide as much information as you can regarding the missing items including: the name of the item(s), the approximate time and date of their acquisition, and any other information that may help us to locate the associated data. Please also note that the customer support team cannot alter the status or completion of any story or achievement. We can only assist with account progress related to items, currencies, or general account issues associated with these rollbacks. "___”.

Being annoying and making demands of Anet won’t make things go faster.

So yeah, you didn't read. If you did, you would know that some people already got response from game support, with the clear message that gold will not be refunded. Neither right now, nor later.

It's not about waiting for support's response. It's about Anet restoring only "gems, and possibly some high-level items", but not gold. Even if said gold you obtained from selling those "high-level items".

Waiting's hardly going to help when support already told you they won't help you.

Better communication is necessary. Wow I did not know Gaile Gray left. (I think I heard of this but I forgot until now - since it was before I returned to play GW2 and the forums account seems to still have the red color in the posts that hints at a staff member.)

I can see the problem kharmin mentions. But in the current case with the rollback last week (which still is a problem because of unsolved support questions) it could have been nice to get a "we can see the problem and are still debating on how to deal with it". Then taking some time.

Here we had them (so far) ignoring the fact that people also logged in and then out immediately (receiving the skin without losing any progress). And that might be a delicate thing were a further response needs to be well formulated - to not create more problems. A "we have seen that issue" would be nice though - until further response maybe.

For the first thing with that compensation it would actually have been nice if they took a bit more time to think it over. They just did it wrong: Instead of quick responses where necessary ... and a bit more/longer thinking where necessary -> it was quick action (without thinking enough of problems this might lead to) and then being silent.

For login problems and rollback problems it would be nice to have a news section in the launcher that "pulls" the info from the forums (the "carousel/announcements") or for support to manually be able to post stuff there. For now we can only see the news from the website ... after having logged in.

In the case of the rollback there was first a message on the support page (not many people - even the active ones - aren't looking there). Later it got mentioned by people in the forums that linked to there. Then the announcement finally. (If support were able to post this directly into the launcher it would not give them too much power over the actual game itself bit still a great thing to quickly inform people.)

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:

And maybe you didn’t read the thread either...

“ They posted here in case anyone has not seen it >>>

__" We are still looking into refunding eligible purchases, restoring gems and possibly some high-level items automatically over the next few days. We will update you about when restoration and compensation will take place, and what items will be eligible. Please check your account carefully. If you are missing items that were in your inventory BEFORE 2:40 AM PST (11:40 CEST) on 11/05/2020, please submit a ticket and provide as much information as you can regarding the missing items including: the name of the item(s), the approximate time and date of their acquisition, and any other information that may help us to locate the associated data. Please also note that the customer support team cannot alter the status or completion of any story or achievement. We can only assist with account progress related to items, currencies, or general account issues associated with these rollbacks. "___”.

Being annoying and making demands of Anet won’t make things go faster.

So yeah, you
didn't
read. If you did, you would know that some people already got response from game support, with the clear message that gold will
not
be refunded. Neither right now, nor later.

It's not about waiting for support's response. It's about Anet restoring only "gems, and possibly some high-level items", but
not
gold. Even if said gold you obtained from selling those "high-level items".

I don’t care who lost what or complaints on the forums about who got and didn’t get back stuff. Anet will sort it out. Some people will get items, gold, gems, currencies... back. Some won’t.

Spamming and making demands does nothing. Wait in line and pay attention to Anet’s formal responses and requests.

@"starK.9127" said:From my point of view most of the bad reaction of players weren't result of the actual server problems but of the way the problems were handled.And from my point of view the vast majority of ill will was spread by a very small number of people who understood just fine but decided to kick up a fuss because they thought that outrage might change Anet's stance and get them a free shiny.From my point of view the vast majority of "communication" complaints come from a small subset of the community who feels a 5-10 dollar a month gemstore purchase should get them a seat at the developer's table.All one has to do is look at all the "I was just trying to do the right thing by Arenanet and not log in now I am being PUNISHED!!" comments.... or see just how many NA users jumped in to try and throw shade on Anet over the issue.

It's just consumerist memes that will all be off the front page by next week... forgotten and replaced by the next outrage.

If you're getting responses (some people make them sound like automated responses?) saying you can't get gold back, have you tried replying to that answer with a request to get back the items you were trying to sell? Then you could sell them again and actually get your gold. It kind of sounds like it's a less complicated matter to restore actual items than for them to hand out gold.

@kharmin.7683 said:Maybe because the suggestion is out of line?

Lol i now understand more and more what people in other big forums write about ppl in this forum.

I am out of line by making a suggestion - lol - sorry what a community. I now understand why so few people even use this forum - and i think i will stop using it as well.

While technically the company did respond with 'please contact support', that's really not been a solution for people who have already done so and been told 'nah' in regards to having gold restored to their accounts. This is not the official response most people are wanting; they want a PR person to visit the forum and explain the situations people are in even if it's bad news.

It would quell a lot of the misery right now if a dev stopped by, even if all they said was: "Yeah, it's true that there are some things we won't be able to restore to your accounts. Please be patient and work with support, but also understand that there are some things we can't recover for you. We're sorry about that, guys."

PR is a department for a reason. It's important. No matter how simple the message or basic the information, consumers want to hear from the people in charge when there's a widespread issue whether you're at a Walmart or a game forum. That is a natural human want.

@starK.9127 said:

Lol i now understand more and more what people in other big forums write about ppl in this forum.

I am out of line by making a suggestion - lol - sorry what a community. I now understand why so few people even use this forum - and i think i will stop using it as well.

I never said that you were out of line. I posited that your suggestion may be out of line.

@"Swagger.1459" said:Well, the entire EU player base was impacted one way or another, and being annoying to anet by spamming the forums with demands isn't going to magically speed up the process for that "113 Gold".

I didn't make this thread on behalf of my 113 gold but on behalf of the whole EU community who has not been addressed yet regarding this issue (unless the link I posted was addressing this particular issue, but then they need to fix the link, because the link leads to an error page).

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Or hire a community relations manager that would frequently interact with players in game and on the forum..

Oh wait... they had one who was allowed to resign without a replacement.

This. ;)

Also, it would help if their subsequent links would actually work or, alternatively, they'd post the actual issue addressed in their thread's subject line so that a (broken) link wouldn't be needed.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:Well, the entire EU player base was impacted one way or another, and being annoying to anet by spamming the forums with demands isn't going to magically speed up the process for that "113 Gold".

I didn't make this thread on behalf of my 113 gold but on behalf of the whole EU community who has not been addressed yet regarding this issue (unless the link I posted was addressing this particular issue, but then they need to fix the link, because the link leads to an error page).

You already have an existing thread on it. Anet said to contact CS. What do you not understand about Anet’s official response???

@starK.9127 said:

Forget it starK, its Chinatown. =)

I have to laugh at this, to be honest. It's like a Merry-go-round of fail.

Player: I am missing gold! I submitted a report and it was denied!Forum respondent: Anet says to submit a ticket and wait.Player: ...

Uh, wait for what? Support said no, which in my opinion, is the wrong answer. I am going to assume that those who received the no answer submitted appeals(at least I hope they did) but with zero outcry about it, chances are the company would deny the appeal. By posting about, and bringing awareness to, this gross betrayal of trust in the game's market, hopefully that will cause the appeals to get approved.

At this point, since this could happen at anytime, do we trust the tp at all? Before this happened, and the responses from Anet, I would have said GW2's market was the best in any game I have ever seen. Now. Yeah, not so much.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Tiilimon.6094 said:I'm quite sure the problems with missing gold will be resolved as well eventually, but they might have quite a lot of work to do so it might not happen very quickly.

Possibly, and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt there for now, but responses in the thread I linked suggest that Anet has rejected all these requests until now.It's like i said before: I truly believe, that Anet meant well, and that they've initially just made a honest mistake. If so, they should
fix that mistake
however - but so far everything seems to imply they neither intend to do so, nor even admit something might have went wrong.

And while making a mistake may (depending on said mistake, and the impact you think it had on the game and the community) not be a big issue, refusing to fix it (when it's clear the mistake is already causing problems and the community doesn;t react well to it) definitely is.

Not the first time they made a questionable decision and then had some serious issues with admitting any kind of wrongdoing.Whoever has the final word should be in touch with the game more and think things through a bit more if you ask me...Oh well, it is what it is, a mess.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:This thread has been up for days, the issue known since Tuesday - yet no ArenaNet employee felt obliged to give us any information on the matter.

Players demand answers.

P.S. The link provided here does not work, by the way, so I don't know whether it's related to this.

Likely was supposed to redirect to: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047546674-European-Server-Rollback-Issue-12-05-2020

Ah, that article. Okay, thank you for providing the correct link. :+1:

Well, it's still not explicitly addressing the TP gold issue, and from the previous support answers I received I keep wondering whether ANet is aware of this particular issue and actually going to do something about it.

Which brings me back to my original plea: Can we get an official response on the missing Gold issue?

Ah,
that
article. Okay, thank you for providing the correct link. :+1:

Well, it's still not explicitly addressing the TP gold issue, and from the previous support answers I received I keep wondering whether ANet is aware of this particular issue and actually going to do something about it.

Which brings me back to my original plea:
Can we get an official response on the missing Gold issue?

Here is your official response...

"If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible."

That means wait for your "113 Gold". Anet CS was already backed up so wait. There are tons of accounts that CS has to go through and resolve issues for and you're not the only player, so wait.

Ah,
that

"If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible."

That means wait for your "113 Gold". Anet CS was already backed up so wait. There are tons of accounts that CS has to go through and resolve issues for and you're not the only player, so wait.

What are you not understanding about the fact OP ALREADY DID THIS and was denied a refund of their gold. And then their ticked was closed. Are they meant to create another new ticket (and likely get the same response) over and over?

Ah,
that

What are you not understanding about the fact OP ALREADY DID THIS and was denied a refund of their gold. And then their ticked was closed. Are they meant to create another new ticket (and likely get the same response) over and over?

TBH if anet has told people they arent refunding gold in those tickets, thats an official response too. Ive seen others in the past who have also tried to get gold re added to their account and it was always denied.